Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 50 Grundy Va 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Grundy
Congrats Shelby Valley
Nice job Valley.

Any details from this one?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Nice job Valley.

Any details from this one?

Valley trailed 18-15 at the half

Rowe , Caudill ,and Tackett all had 100 yards plus rushing i believe , but their is no offical stats yet
No disrespect to Virginia Football (as my team is bad) but is the majority of teams bad?

in other words is virginia highschool football up to par with kentuckys or the state of west virginia's?
Some are, then again some aren't. Especially up towards Richmond. Wait until the Haysi-Clintwood consolidation, that team will be dangerous.
I understand all states have their good and bad teams. I was just wondering considering 3 virginia teams fell this week to a kentucky school and one close game with a very weak phelps team.
Virginia high school football is a lot better than Kentucky's. Football in eastern Kentucky might be better than football in the western part of Virginia, but teams from the DC area, Virginia Beach, Richmond, etc are loaded.
That's a good assessment of VA football. The 4A to 6A schools with the D1 recruits and better brand of football are in the 757, 804, 540 area codes. SWVA football is 1A to 2A with a couple 3A schools and it's brand of football is down this year. We had 2 SWVA teams (George Wythe vs.Honaker) in the 1A west State Title game last year but this year maybe Fort Chiswell and possibly Honaker again can make a run. The rest in SWVA are probably 1 and done.
Nice W for the Wildcats!:rockon: