Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: React to this Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What do you think?
With 5.00 to go I would have went for it Pikeville would.:Sad04:
The Ole Miss defense put themselves in that situation. It's LSU's possession and they can choose to run whatever play they want to run. Don't allow yourself to be in that position and you won't have to worry about it. It's college football...not elementary school football. People need to stop whining and play football. Don't like it? Do something about it.
I personally think it was the classy thing to do. If you get offended, be offended at your own team for not being able to stop them.
^ agreed..nut up Ol Miss and be more competitive for the 3 quarters prior and you don't have to witness the genuflect with 5 minutes left!
Run it up, it's the SEC they know they're playing the big boys. God knows it's happened to us.
mysonis55 Wrote:I personally think it was the classy thing to do. If you get offended, be offended at your own team for not being able to stop them.

Tell that to Marshall co 28 to mayfield 64 is this classy or not classy just wondering :Clap:
If your a coach you loose either way . It's a bad situation to be in. Honestly this political correct country needs to man up and get their feelings off of their shirt sleeves. It's football not Bingo
Each coach has a preference.
IMO this is sec football stop us if you can. But I can see where miles didn't want to run it up anymore also. Like the one guy said if you score the media is going to get on you for running it. Then you have well you took pitty on a team and that's unsportsmanlike. So either way it's a lose lose problem.
Miles showed some class by not wanting to run up the score, but Ole Miss Coach is charged to keep the score from getting where it was at.
64, we had the jv in. Our last 2 touchdowns were by our freshman running back. Im sure the Marshallfans will tell you we don't try to run up the score. We had 3 of our starters out on defense as well.
I get so sick and tired of hearing people complain about other teams "running up" the score. If you don't want them to score, stop them from scoring.
SCORE AS MANY POINTS AS YOU CAN!

Its that simple. We live in a BCS world, and lets be honest, if you dont blow bad teams out, your going to fall in the rankings. Look at Ohio State this year.
Its an easy question for me. It will only help improve your numbers in the computers and with pollsters to score a 100 if you can. And BTW, neither the computers or the pollsters care about class. Screw Class. Score a 100. Break Records.
Absolutely the right - and CLASSY - thing to do! I get tired of hearing this crap, "It's your job to stop us". That's bull. You think Florida International could stop U of L from scoring 72? Never! NO SCHOOL should ever beat a team 70+ - 0. Be classy and take a knee or punt on first down. Play the water boy, run the fullback three straight times. Do not throw the ball after 48 point lead, run the clock and do not score another point. Be classy.
damn if you do, damned if you don't
If College football wanted to avoid situations like this, they would have put in a Mercy rule. That might be in the works because of the many blowouts this year. Louisville winning 70-0 and Miami and Savannah coaches agreeing to shorten the 4th quarter when Miami was up 77-7. It seems that this year is worse than usual. There will always be blowouts when Division one schools play smaller teams, but this year it seems to be happening more often. I guess that is the price smaller schools are willing to pay for those money games.
Live Maroon Wrote:Absolutely the right - and CLASSY - thing to do! I get tired of hearing this crap, "It's your job to stop us". That's bull. You think Florida International could stop U of L from scoring 72? Never! NO SCHOOL should ever beat a team 70+ - 0. Be classy and take a knee or punt on first down. Play the water boy, run the fullback three straight times. Do not throw the ball after 48 point lead, run the clock and do not score another point. Be classy.

If you can't compete with a team, don't schedule them. This is not Florida Atlantic...this is the SEC.
Myself.... I would never tell a player to "back up" or not go 100%.

We don't practice, work out and condition all year for X # of games so we can slack up.

Yes, if a team is over matched and the coach plays the JV and Frosh and are still head and shoulders above the other team, then that's not their fault.

A competitive spirit is hard to hold back. And it's even worse at the middle school/high school level when kids need to be taught how to finish and win ball games.

There is a difference between Winning a contest/game against somebody & Unsportsmanship.
People need to learn from Coach Haywood. You can't tell me a team that Betsy Layne beat 47 - 0 that Belfry couldn't beat that same team 120 - 0 if they wanted. Belfry beat them 49 - 6. What's the point in running up the score? It benefits no one. Haywood is the classiest coach ever and knows how to win the right way.
If you cant stop it, either get better or quit football.
Its that simple.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you cant stop it, either get better or quit football.
Its that simple.

Certainly sounds simple. But we all know there are mismatches. Nobody plays 9 top ten teams over ten weeks. I have no problem playing JV and freshman, but if they are killing the opposing team - know when to say when. You've got the W, don't humiliate your opponent. I mean, 55 - 0 isn't a good enough win??? Run your fullback three times, keep the clock running, and punt. There is difference in finishing a game and unsportsmanship.
^I don't disagree with you but you are comparing apples and oranges. Running the ball three times and punting is totally different from kneeling 4 times and turning it over on downs with 5 minutes left when you are on the 1 yard line. Also you are comparing high school ball to the SEC. I think Les should've put in the backups and pounded it home.
I've seen a middle school team coach actually tell his QB to intentionally fumble the ball on the two yard line going in to keep a score from going over sixty. THOSE were the days.