Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton 42 Mullins 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Dorton.

Leslie Stewart 20 pts, 8 rebounds
Kyleigh Tackett 14 pts, 4 rebs
Kayla Newsom 4 pts, 2 asst
Sadie Compton 2 pts, 3 rebs
Kelsey Tackett 2 pts
Cassidi Wright 2 asst

B Team

Dorton 29
Mullins 24

Kelsey Tackett 13 pts
Alyssa Newsom 5 pts
Kristin Thacker 5 pts
Jaden Edmonds 3 pts
Jerrica Thacker 3 pts

C Team

Dorton 23
Mullins 13

Kelsey Tackett 9 pts
Alyssa Newsom 5 pts
Jerrica Thacker 4 pts
Kristin Thacker 3 pts
Jaden Edmonds 2 pts

D Team

Mullins 9
Dorton 2

*We didn't keep a book on the D team so I could be wrong on the final.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Final from Dorton.

Leslie Stewart 20 pts, 8 rebounds
Kyleigh Tackett 14 pts, 4 rebs
Kayla Newsom 4 pts, 2 asst
Sadie Compton 2 pts, 3 rebs
Kelsey Tackett 2 pts
Cassidi Wright 2 asst

B Team

Dorton 29
Mullins 24

Kelsey Tackett 13 pts
Alyssa Newsom 5 pts
Kristin Thacker 5 pts
Jaden Edmonds 3 pts
Jerrica Thacker 3 pts

C Team

Dorton 23
Mullins 13

Kelsey Tackett 9 pts
Alyssa Newsom 5 pts
Jerrica Thacker 4 pts
Kristin Thacker 3 pts
Jaden Edmonds 2 pts

D Team

Mullins 9
Dorton 2

*We didn't keep a book on the D team so I could be wrong on the final.
Nice win Coach. I was told there was some ruckus during game. Something about Mullins not getting out of the huddle in time and the ref putting the ball on the floor? Was told Coach Charles was ejected and Principal Birchfield nearly had a stroke!! Now mind you I wasn't there, so could you clarify this for me? I know that sometimes things get blown out of proportion.
It wasn't because the ref put the ball down and counted, although that did happen the officiating was horrific, all night. Even door tons fans were apologizing to the Mullins fans for how bad it was. Charles was ejected because the ref, Tim Sammons (I guess that's how he spells it), is one of those refs that likes to be in the spotlight and get the fan riled up. He's a poor excuse for a referee.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:Nice win Coach. I was told there was some ruckus during game. Something about Mullins not getting out of the huddle in time and the ref putting the ball on the floor? Was told Coach Charles was ejected and Principal Birchfield nearly had a stroke!! Now mind you I wasn't there, so could you clarify this for me? I know that sometimes things get blown out of proportion.

I can't say for sure if it was the laying down of the ball (this happened several times throughout the night) or not. I did not think Coach Charles deserved to be ejected and told him so as he left. He is a good guy and I have never seen him do anything to warrant an ejection. The one referee seems to focus more on minor things (lane violations, hairclips, etc) than what needs to be focused on. Also, he seemed to be in a hurry to get out of there.
Way to go !!!