Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- CKY/Lex Metro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again..toughest region to rank and the results of Friday did nothing to create anything more than increased confusion

1. Scott County- NO text required
2. Henry Clay- Blue Devils remain undefeated and vanquish a Lafayette team who had been a thorn in their sides
3. Lexington Catholic- Knights get a decent win vs. Mercer.. their win over Bryan Station looks better with BS defeating Tates Creek
4. Boyle County- Rebels win convincingly over a weak Taylor County.. Warren central is becoming a quality win and victory over Anderson remains nice
5. Bourbon County- Colonels are not beating very good teams..but they are beating them with authority. Truth be told there are literally 4 or 5 teams you can argue here.. but Bourbon is the only one who has did exactly as they were expected.

Game of the Week:
Lexington Catholic vs. Boyle County- After all the debate and hypotheticals and arguing schedules... the corner pieces of the puzzle can be put in place on the field
So I will argue what HSFOOTBALL argued the last few weeks but this time it is Boyle County that wins convicingly and drops? Now I see what he was seeing. It doesn't make any sense. Confusednicker:
BoyleCounty Wrote:So I will argue what HSFOOTBALL argued the last few weeks but this time it is Boyle County that wins convicingly and drops? Now I see what he was seeing. It doesn't make any sense. Confusednicker:

Once again..you are not grandfathered in with a win. It's about your total body of work and the quality of teams you have beat.. right now Henry Clay's body work has edged Boyle..and LexCath..who i feel was essentially a tossup with Boyle..gets the slightest nod thanks to the qualities of their victories.

Until LexCath and Boyle plays it is literally like splitting hairs with about 6 teams who are stacked on top of each other and all have an obvious flaw and lack of a marquee win to differentiate themselves at this point.
BoyleCounty Wrote:So I will argue what HSFOOTBALL argued the last few weeks but this time it is Boyle County that wins convicingly and drops? Now I see what he was seeing. It doesn't make any sense. Confusednicker:

:poker face:
Thats really my "trying not to laugh" face.
Regardless of how I put teams 2-5 someone will be upset.

Henry Clay- Undefeated with no signature win, beat Tates Creek straight up, crushed a GRC that Boyle struggled with, beat a Lafeyette who has a common loss to lexCath

LexCath- Has two blowout losses to a very good Bowling Green team, and a St. X team who isn't quite the dominant team people expected. Close win against Bryan Station looks better now, but ugly win over abad Mad. Central team and a less than stellar win against a Mercer County team

Boyle County- Undefeated, but 4 of their wins were against bad teams..including a closer than expected win against a very bad GRC. Warren Central win is starting to give validation (especially now that their loss to DeSales is looking good) and ANderson County is a nice win albeit a very close one.

Franklin County- Undefeated.. against a very underwhelming schedule. Had a chance to make a statement against a decent West Jess team and failed to really do so..

Bourbon County- Awful schedule... but Bourbon is the only team on the list who has beat bad teams like they were supposed to. Beat Anderson County as equally bad as Anderson County, but unlike Anderson has the flawless record

Anderson County- Has a loss to a fellow CKY team, decent resume.. beat Mercer equivalent to lexCath

Madison Southern- Undefeated..but the only team with ore than 2 wins they defeated was a narrow escape of Dunbar

Bryan Station- Suddenly looking much better with a win over Tates Creek and a quality win over a ranked 2A team Murray. Lost a narrow game to LexCath and lost to Highlands which every other team discussed would do as well.

Tates Creek- Now has two losses to Lexington public schools

The fact remains until LexCath/Boyle play this week an argument can be made basically any way you choose
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Once again..you are not grandfathered in with a win. It's about your total body of work and the quality of teams you have beat.. right now Henry Clay's body work has edged Boyle..and LexCath..who i feel was essentially a tossup with Boyle..gets the slightest nod thanks to the qualities of their victories.

Until LexCath and Boyle plays it is literally like splitting hairs with about 6 teams who are stacked on top of each other and all have an obvious flaw and lack of a marquee win to differentiate themselves at this point.

I'm not upset. Just thought it was humorous that Boyle County dropped two spots in one week after a running clock. Bad team or not.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Thats really my "trying not to laugh" face.

I now see what you were arguing! :Thumbs:
Is Collins considered part of Lou metro or Central Ky/Lex Metro?
SimpTitan Wrote:Is Collins considered part of Lou metro or Central Ky/Lex Metro?

Lou. Metro
Little off topic question for EKUAlum, but you said you started this poll originally to give the 2011 Garrard Co. team it's due. How would you compare this years Belfry team to that of the 2011, when Garrard Co. and Belfry met up in the Semi's? I think this Bourbon team could give Belfry a run this year, if they so happen to meet up again.
NoworLater Wrote:Little off topic question for EKUAlum, but you said you started this poll originally to give the 2011 Garrard Co. team it's due. How would you compare this years Belfry team to that of the 2011, when Garrard Co. and Belfry met up in the Semi's? I think this Bourbon team could give Belfry a run this year, if they so happen to meet up again.

Right now the 2013 Pirates and 2011 Pirates are very similar. Both had veteran QB's though Sani is a better player. Both had defenses with nice pieces, but who were far from dominant. The 2011 Belfry team was better at LB and a little better on the OLine... but the 2013 Belfry team is substantially better at the skill positions on offense and a much better team in terms of Special Teams. In terms of where they are at this point in the season the 2013 team would probably be ahead.

This team though has a much higher upside than that 2011 team and their defense could potentially improve beyond that team.

The better comparison for Bourbon's sake is that right now the 2013 Belfry team is about dead even with where the 2012 team was this time last year (which is a pleasant surprise for Belfry fans). The 2013 team though has the potential to be a much better team offensively than 2012,,, but their defensive ceiling would be only to equal the 2012 team.

I think Boubon, especially playing at home, will prove to be a great game potentially and dont expect a physical domination like last season. The problem for Bourbon is unlike that 2011 Garrard County team who had 3-4 quality tests along the way.. I am not sure BoCo will see a single team who should stay within 3-4 TD's of them until they meet Belfry. They will have gone a full year without seeing a team with the speed, physicality, and swagger/confidence Belfry plays with and that could be a tough adjustment to make.