Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon 75 - Western Hills 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bourbon has a super soft schedule, but they are absolutely dominating everybody they play. I believe this one was 69-14 at half time.
How do you score 69 in a half with the new mercy rule?
Bourbon is a good team that is very well coached. Coach Hodge is a good young Coach who is looking to drill everyone they line up against. I like it
E's Army Wrote:How do you score 69 in a half with the new mercy rule?

Very Carefully!!

It was 62-7 with 7 min to go in the 2nd, so they only scored once in the last 7 minutes of the half.... Just sayin
Not saying they ran it up. How do you score that fast? Did Western Hills turn it over? Kick returns, pick sixes, one play drives. With the new rules a couple of penalties can kill a quarter.
All of the above ... Bourbon scored on the first play from scrimmage, WH fumbled kickoff Bourbon scored on the next play ... 14-0 35 seconds into the game
I thought Western Hills was a little better than that. Bourbon County must have a special bunch this year. Are they loaded with skill people or do they manhandle you up front?
Bourbon should've played Johnson Central this year when they had the chance in week 2 instead off Breathitt. Reminds me of the time I wish I had used 1 pinch of salt instead of 2 on my delicious fried chicken. Looking back it would have given me more flavor and a better representation of my basket. Congratulations on the win. Looks like another 12-0 season leading up to the drubbing by Belfry.
I don't think Belfry drubs Bourbon if they meet up... but it will be a whole new world for the Colonels in terms of competition.

Weak schedule aside, there is absolutely no doubt Bourbon has a very good team and is clearly in the 3A Title Hunt. Compare what Bourbon is doing to what Mason Co is doing. Both will probably be 12-0, but it is obvious they are two different animals.
No doubt bourbon's schedule is week but they did try from what I understand. Members on here are frustrated with their schedule but the varsity kids are also frustrated getting to play a couple of quarters and sit the bench, reps is the only way to improve and their not getting them. Question was asked earlier if they were man handling or skill and from what I see they have a good OL that gives QB all day to find one of their skill players to throw to and he can definitely throw a strike that will be caught with skill they have at receiving core.
when it got to 36 points the clock operator did not keep the clock running. ran it like normal even though the officials kept winding their arms to keep it moving.
Madison Southern and Middlesboro both refused to re-sign the contract I know. I believe Boyle was close to happening, but both coaches decided no to coach against on another. Lets be honest, unless u go play a Lexington team or get drummed at Scott co. There is in no one in cky to play.

From what I've seen this Bourbon team even without hopkins is heads and shoulders better than they were last year, and it starts up front. They will be undefeated against belfry again this year,and though I believe Belfry will probably beat them again, this will be a completely different bourbon team.
No one in CKY to play?? Boyle, lex cath, whole city of lexington right down the road...BTW poor old western hills I did not think beat downs like this were possible with the new clock rule.
FCSPY Wrote:No one in CKY to play?? Boyle, lex cath, whole city of lexington right down the road...BTW poor old western hills I did not think beat downs like this were possible with the new clock rule.

Re-Read my post. You must have missed all of it.
Successful teams always have a problem scheduling games. If Bourbon Co. wasn't any good people would be ringing the phone off the hook to get games. I mean really? What does it hurt to play a tough non-district game and lose. In the big scheme of things it's means little. This is one reason a lot of teams have inflated records because they don't play tough games. Play one, play all is what I say
Bourbon's issue is their school size and reputation on a regional level.

In terms of playing CKY teams. You have several programs who probably think they are "above" playing a Bourbon County team that for the past decade had not been competitive. The best teams in CKY are either 6A schools who have had their teeth kicked in by Louisville and NKY teams over the years, or LexCath and Boyle who have learned through their success you have to schedule up. This year it is very clear Bourbon is on par with any team in CKY not named Scott County, but the name alone makes them a lose-lose team. If you beat Bourbon.. congrats you beat a 3A team who traditionally was very weak... if you lose to Bourbon...you just lost playing down.

My critique with Bourbon is that they shouldn't limit themselves to playing Regional Games. When you are in WKY or EKY you have geographical handicaps that create logistical problems. For Belfry to play a 6A size team for example either you have to travel 3 hours, or you have to play a WV team who will rarely play down against an OOS opponent because of their playoff system. In fact, due to Belfry's size they are forced to either go West for competition or go on long trips to Ohio or Tennessee.

Bourbon may have a lack of regional opponents, but they are an hour and a half from NKY, Cincy, and Louisville. Within 2.5 hours you can extend even deeper into Ohio, Indiana, Southern KY, and areas outside of Louisville like Hardin County, Nelson County, Bullitt County, etc

How about this Hypothetical Schedule where Bourbon would have been an upgrade in terms of competition, all with drives that were within reason:

Week 0 vs. NewCath
Week 1 vs. Central Hardin
Week 2 vs. Johnson Central
Week 4 vs. Christian Acad. Louisville
Week 5 vs. Western Hills
Week 6 vs. Estill County
Week 7 vs. Graard County
Week 8 vs. Powell County
Week 9 vs. Bath County
Week 10 vs. Lou. DeSales
Should of scored a 100.
I hate the mercy rule.
How are you suppose to break records?
Hills just never seems to get better, they had the good class with Curry, and a few others but playing top teams close was all they could accomplish, what is the issues over there?