Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands @ Covcath updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Highlands up 7-0 after their 1st drive!

69 yard drive to open the game in 2.5 mins.
14-0 with 5 mins left in the 1st. A Highlands clinic so far!
138 vs. 11 yards in total offense in the 1st quarter.

Highlands 21 - Covcath 0 ,9:56 in the 2nd...
Highlands 28 to Cov Cath 0 with 7 minutes to go in half.
28-0 after an intercepted screen pass by Highlands and solid play calling.

7:51 left in the 2nd. Colonels have had 2 weeks to prepare. Must be disappointed in Park Hills this afternoon.
Highlands is a machine.
35-0 with less than 1:30 in the 2nd.
E's Army Wrote:Highlands is a machine.

Agreed, I'll share thoughts on that at the half!

Looks like they have put last weeks mediocre performance behind them. Even without Birr Cov Cath is no slouch.

Great coaching, weekly preparation, a strong youth feeder program, depth at the skill positions to wear you out, complete buy in by the parents of those with true grit.

By the time middle school is over, the staff knows who is dedicated and wants to play football at a high motor level. The others simply fade away!
42-0 Birds...we have a running clock folks!
335 yards passing for Houliston. Starting QB and RB are still on the field with Elder ahead next week.
9:57 remain in the 4th and a lot of fans have left the building per the Covcath radio announcers!
Spirit100 Wrote:335 yards passing for Houliston. Starting QB and RB are still on the field with Elder ahead next week.

Actually, Harrison County, then bye, then Holmes, then Elder.
Frozenbird Wrote:Actually, Harrison County, then bye, then Holmes, then Elder.

So three bye weeks then elder
42-6 final
Frozenbird Wrote:Actually, Harrison County, then bye, then Holmes, then Elder.

My bad, I was relaying the Covcath announcers, it was his fault Confusednicker:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:So three bye weeks then elder

Definitely two. Maybe not quite a bye with Holmes? It will be a nice opportunity to get people healthy as a number of Highlands players went out with injuries.
Frozenbird Wrote:Definitely two. Maybe not quite a bye with Holmes? It will be a nice opportunity to get people healthy as a number of Highlands players went out with injuries.

Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok. The class of the highlands fans and players last season made me a huge fan of that program. Congrats on the big win.
Highlands has been there before. They don't act like this is their first rodeo.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok. The class of the highlands fans and players last season made me a huge fan of that program. Congrats on the big win.

Seth Hope left the game after re-injuring his ankle but according to the announcers from Highlands on the internet broadcast, he was walking around the sideline in street clothes the second half. Another starting defensive back dislocated his shoulder. Announcers thought he had broken his arm but later reported it was a dislocation. Did not catch the young man's name.
Spirit100 Wrote:My bad, I was relaying the Covcath announcers, it was his fault Confusednicker:

Cob Cath announcers often do not know of which they speak. Looks like they may be making a return to Johnsonville this year.
I knew injuries for CCH would hurt, but they looked bad today. The offense is really bad, no passing game at all and not much of a running game. The QB throws a terrible ball and throws it up for grabs. CCH D looked ok at times but could not defend the pass at all. Even if injuries heal I do not see this team improving too much. This team did not look like your typical CCH teams, they had a lot of slow over weight kids that you usually do not see on their team. I see a long ride home after a loss to JC in the playoffs for COVCATH.
Frozenbird Wrote:Seth Hope left the game after re-injuring his ankle but according to the announcers from Highlands on the internet broadcast, he was walking around the sideline in street clothes the second half. Another starting defensive back dislocated his shoulder. Announcers thought he had broken his arm but later reported it was a dislocation. Did not catch the young man's name.

Jackson Bardo^

Also another player, O-linemen went out just before the half. Looked to be ok. But didn't come back in the second half.
chance_rollin Wrote:Jackson Bardo^

Also another player, O-linemen went out just before the half. Looked to be ok. But didn't come back in the second half.

Highlands broadcast announcers indicated he had had his bell rung with a helmet-helmet contact with another Highlands player. Indicated that they thought he was pulled to rule out a concussion.