Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Disturbing news for MHS Card fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the Mayfield Cardinals have so far been on a 6-0 roll this season and a 20 game roll since last beaten, but here are some things to think about before getting too full of ourselves. I hope none of this ends up being a sign of what is to come but, it is what it is. I am going to list a few things to keep things in perspective for the Cards fan base.

First, the Class A state championship has been won by the team listed as home on the scoreboard for the last 5 years. This year the east representative will be listed as home this year.

Second, in 2009 we went to Princeton at 9-0. We lost that game that year. We then went on to loose in the state title game.

Third, 2009 was the last time the St Louis Cardinals won the NL Central. We went to state and lost that year. Last night, the St Louis Cards won the NL Central again.

I try not to be too superstitious. If this was only one of those things lining up, it would be easy to dismiss. If it was 2 of those things adding up, a little bit more concerned. But, now if all three occur, then you have to be really concerned. So this is a simple fix, we gotta go in to Princeton and hand the Tigers their first loss.
OMGsh!
I think the only adversary that could take on and defeat Mayfield football would be the IRS.
Hope you are right Tica. By the way, your boys are about to rebound in Paducah. They are fixing to go on the roll that I expected. They got the fix back. He will turn things around if not interfered with.
Little team from The East is coming west to Bowling green WILLIAMSBURG
If those are Mayfield's biggest worries they will be okay.
Wburg isn't gonna make it this year 64. They may not even be as good as last year. I know they have had a tougher schedule this year but, as I was able to dig up the current info on those teams they have to win or at least be close in those games. That has told me all I need to know right now. Fairview, Pikeville, Hazard or Raceland would at least be 3-1 versus wburg's schedule.
mysonis55 Wrote:I know the Mayfield Cardinals have so far been on a 6-0 roll this season and a 20 game roll since last beaten, but here are some things to think about before getting too full of ourselves. I hope none of this ends up being a sign of what is to come but, it is what it is. I am going to list a few things to keep things in perspective for the Cards fan base.

First, the Class A state championship has been won by the team listed as home on the scoreboard for the last 5 years. This year the east representative will be listed as home this year.

Second, in 2009 we went to Princeton at 9-0. We lost that game that year. We then went on to loose in the state title game.

Third, 2009 was the last time the St Louis Cardinals won the NL Central. We went to state and lost that year. Last night, the St Louis Cards won the NL Central again.

I try not to be too superstitious. If this was only one of those things lining up, it would be easy to dismiss. If it was 2 of those things adding up, a little bit more concerned. But, now if all three occur, then you have to be really concerned. So this is a simple fix, we gotta go in to Princeton and hand the Tigers their first loss.

So regardless of having control over your teams own destiny...if the Cards win the NL Championship, the team is doomed Confusednicker:!

Throw in the towel now and look towards next year. Your opponents will love you for it!
You gotta admit that it is weird how all those things seem to be coming together again. We already had a scare on Fri 13th as well this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wburg isn't gonna make it this year 64. They may not even be as good as last year. I know they have had a tougher schedule this year but, as I was able to dig up the current info on those teams they have to win or at least be close in those games. That has told me all I need to know right now. Fairview, Pikeville, Hazard or Raceland would at least be 3-1 versus wburg's schedule.

Mysonis55 you have no clue about what going on in the east you just pick 4 teams why not just 2 teams why not just pick all of them :biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Wburg isn't gonna make it this year 64. They may not even be as good as last year. I know they have had a tougher schedule this year but, as I was able to dig up the current info on those teams they have to win or at least be close in those games. That has told me all I need to know right now. Fairview, Pikeville, Hazard or Raceland would at least be 3-1 versus wburg's schedule.

You just made a Quote Fairview,Pikeville,Hazard,or Raceland would at least be 3-1 versus Wburg's schedule my:moon:55
64, I wish you all the best of luck. I just don't see it in the CARDS for you guys this year. I think you see it as well, you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Take a page from Fairviews playbook, go to Tn and find you 2 or 3 ball players.
The only disturbing news is that I wasted my time reading this pointless thread and even more so that you wasted your time thinking that the baseless reasons you listed would have any bearing on the outcome LMAO.
Sports guru, you obviously never coached baseball. We tend to get at little superstitious after doing that for years. Heck I've had kids that would wash their stinky pants as long as we were still winning. Besides that, what else did you have to read today.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, I wish you all the best of luck. I just don't see it in the CARDS for you guys this year. I think you see it as well, you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Take a page from Fairviews playbook, go to Tn and find you 2 or 3 ball players.

What state do y'all import player from or is that a secret we will win with our homeboy mysonhasascret55 :dudecomeon:
Your a real wiznut lol
64SUR Wrote:What state do y'all import player from or is that a secret we will win with our homeboy mysonhasascret55 :dudecomeon:

All 50 !!! :truestory:
We need to do like Nick Saban does. We need to hire an asst coach to watch 100's of videos each week to find who we wanna recruit. What's the Fairview secrete.
mysonis55 Wrote:We need to do like Nick Saban does. We need to hire an asst coach to watch 100's of videos each week to find who we wanna recruit. What's the Fairview secrete.

Without me mysonis55 you wouldn't be relevant :truestory:
You are the many 64.
While a Caldwell victory over us would not be a huge shock but if we make it to the title game I really don't see a team on the east side this year that should be us. in 2009 I thought we could take down H and I was wrong but we also headed into that game with some huge injuries and that coupled with a better than expected H team sealed our fate. So far we have avoided seson changing injurues but that could still happen
As long as football is played on the field, that could happen.