Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds Implosion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the visit from the Great 8 the bats and pitching have slowly but surely gone limp in the last week.

When Championship teams are gaining momentum and peaking the Reds have detoured and appear to be face-to-face with an early exit in Pittsburg.

Time to nut up Redleggers. Congrats to the Pirates for doing what you needed to do!

Thoughts on the implosion, or do the Reds conquer their shortcomings?
Trip to Pittsburgh is what matters now. Go Buccos.
I almost think Dusty has given up on this team, and the team has given up on themselves. All year the bats have been there when they have needed to be. Pitching has been so so.

One of the biggest concerns has been why haven't they tried stealing more bases than they have??? They bring Hamilton up and in less than a month he steals almost as many as the team leader(Choo) has all season. Just don't understand Dustys thinking on that.

As far as the game in Pitt, if the reds fall behind early they will be done for. If they can get ahead early I think they have a good shot at winning. I still don't like their chances much. It's going to be a tough game for them. But the one thing in their favor is its hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.
Reds could be due for a offensive explosion after getting humiliated at home against Pittsburgh.

Liriano is tough at PNC.

It's going to be a duel IMO.
Well, we do know they can win in Pittsburgh, but I'm just not sure this team has anything left. Phillips will be out, Ludwig has provided nothing, Bruce is on the Cold side of his Hot/Cold streaks, Cueto is just coming back, they get embarrassed in their final home-stand of the season, it sure looks like the Reds are "Deader than Fried Chicken"
Everything looked good for the reds going into the postseason last year and we all know how that went!!!
Dusty, Phillips has stated that he'll probably play Tuesday.
Curveball 24 Wrote:Everything looked good for the reds going into the postseason last year and we all know how that went!!!

I like your take here Curveball. It is very difficult to beat a team 4X in a row as well. So the Reds have that going for them.

Cueto has to be dealing from start to finish and if the bats don't come alive we're dead in pirates cove. I'd be sacrificing a box of chicken this evening Confusednicker:.

This game reminds of one of those great farts. You either pull it off and feel outstanding or you hope you had on a pair of depends. Hope the Reds don't play in depends tomorrow!

GO REDLEGGERS...:Thumbs:
Reds lay another egg tonight. Total no show. As far as I care baseball is now over this year.
See ya in spring training.
^^
Guess I could wait and see how the tribe does.lol.. Can't do any worst than the reds did.
Implosion confirmed...no heart!
Reds lose 4 in a row to Pirates to end season.
This team just seemed like they played with 0 urgency once they clinched a playoff spot.