Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gallia Academy ( OH ) @ Belfry 10/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gallia Academy (OH) with a 4-1 record travels
to Belfry with a 5-0 record, who wins ?
Should be a good game.

Gallia has been putting up huge numbers on offense. With that said, their schedule has been less than impressive thusfar as Calpreps has their best win being Fairland OH who is historically a mediocre program at best. The best team they have played far and away was Athens and they lost 63-38.

By comparison, and I don't like using computer ratings, but Athens has a rating of 37.5 and a national ranking of 873.

Belfry has a 36.6 rating and a ranking of #941 Nationally. According to Calpreps Belfry has already defeated 3 teams significantly better than Fairlands. Gallia Academy is just a little ahead of Pikeville based off Calpreps ratings and Belfry is projected to win 44-26.
Belfry has a 36.6 rating and a ranking of #941 Nationally. According to Calpreps Belfry has already defeated 3 teams significantly better than Fairlands. Gallia Academy is just a little ahead of Pikeville based off Calpreps ratings and Belfry is projected to win 44-26.

I don't have a problem taking that score!

Belfry is Belfry. They will win this game, and make another huge statement in doing so! They may be the "Pondy Pirates", but gotta give them their due!!!
Wink
Should be a good game early belfry pulls out late 34-14
I look forward to being back home to see this one in person. Belfry wins 49-14
The Blue Devils quickness may give Belfry fits. They aren't a soft team, but I think Belfry's physicality will be a little much but if they hit us like they've hit some of their Ohio opponents at points this year, this could be fun.

A lot of emphasis goes on the defensive ends & linebackers here. Gallia likes to spread it out to four wide, and then throw short or run the ball. Kind of keeps those backers guessing. The ends have to, and I mean HAVE TO make sure that they're containing #7 and #4 ... those two can bounce a carry out and house it they're pretty quick from what I've seen and they like to line #4 up in the slot and run jet sweeps with him. Just when they catch your team gearing up for the short pass, they're going to bomb one over your head to keep you honest... but I think that's just for show because I don't see that QB having ANY more than a 40 yard arm and that's being generous.
Belfry wins big
Gallia looks to be a pretty good opponent IMO. They are a division 4 Ohio team with a similar enrollment to Belfry and they won 10 games last year and a playoff game. That isn't small potatoes in Ohio. 4-1 this season with a loss to a pretty strong Athens team makes me think they are nothing to sneeze at. Maybe Newarkcatholicfan can give us a better idea about the Blue Devils. I know they return the QB from last year.

That said, I saw their highlights on YouTube and it looksike they like to spread it out. I would compare their offense to a Raceland/breathitt Co. Style. I think that matches up well for the younger/smaller (but quick) Pirates. Tuff to pick a score. I think Belfy will win, but I see our young D giving up some points.

Belfry - 42
Gallia - 21
Belfry pounds buckeyes next week.
Belfry should win this one pretty good.
IMO pond creek will be a rocking.
Would love to see all of Pond Creek out in full force for this one. Should be a good game until half and I think the depth of Belfry will wear them down.
Teams like Gallia is always dangerous because you know nothing really about the team. But I know if we come to play then we will be ok. I hope for a hard hitting good injury free game.:Thumbs:

Belfry=42
Gallia=18

Go Big Red:devilflam
Belfry rolls against a opponent that's very similar to Pikeville.

Belfry 42
Gallia 12
Pond Creekers will be rocking.Belfry by 20.
Belfry 42
Gallia 21