Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell County 55- Adair County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Total domination by the Lakers! It could have been worse!
Not sure if this game proves much for the Lakers. There is only so much you can learn when there's so much gap between the quality of the teams. I was glad to see Smiddy a bit more at QB. He threw for 1 TD and ran for another. I believe Fletcher had 4 TDs on 6 carries. I was also happy to see Nick Coffey with a couple receptions tonight. They need to involve him more in the offense

Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't get much harder throughout the year. (0-5) Larue County, (1-5) Rockcastle, (2-4) Clay Co, and (3-3) Grayson Co. The only team with a winning recorded is Knox Central at 4-2. I worry that the schedule just isn't going to have this team prepared for playoffs time.
It was great being back in RC and seeing the Lakers live in action. As stated above, this was total domination by the Lakers. Somewhat of a surprise due to it being a long time rivalry. I to was glad to see Smiddy get some more action. I feel it is crucial for the Lakers to continue opening up the passing game to have success in the post season.
Russell County has moved forward with their program. Adair is playing catch up.
Coach Gay is doing a good job building Adair up. Russell is just good.
wiznut Wrote:Coach Gay is doing a good job building Adair up. Russell is just good.

He is doing a good job with the team. I know a lot of the players were frustrated last night, but I hope they realize the Lakers are likely better than anyone they will or could face all year. I'm sure the Indian seniors would have liked to stole this game, but it really means nothing to their season. I hope the injuries they suffered were minor and everyone will be ready to play the next game. It's time for them to start another winning streak.