Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 46 Whitley County 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Colonels fall to 0-6 for the first time in a LONG time.

Dont let the score fool you, this was a very competetive game.
14-13 at the end of the first, Knox took a TD lead into halftime, and led by two at the end of three.

Its been almost 10 years since i watched a football game at KC. Then it was the old field, and let me tell you, you KC fans have really turned that program around. I was very impressed at how much has been done and how much of an attendance difference there was in only 10 short years. Kudos on turning nothing into something.

As for the game, KC fans havent really experienced a hard year like this one in a long time. I know this was a 46-27 ball game, but these teams were pretty evenly matched.
Ill also add that this may be the worst Whitley County defense ive ever watched in my life. Knoxs defense wasnt much better until after halftime when they made some good adjustments. Stupid mistakes by both teams, and i bet Whitley fumbled 5 times tonight, with Ysidro conituing to struggle holding on to the football.

Both teams, but especially Whitley, needs to get the defensive side of the ball figured out. Time and time again ive watched Whitley lack fundamantal tackling, and were past that stage. That one goes on the coaching staff. It also seems that kids havent wanted to play in a single game ive watched. No want to at all.

Maybe we'll keep losing and get the first draft pick next year Confusednicker:

What a bad year for teams in this area :HitWall:
Well GUT you told me to pick Know and i did. I see that didn't work..At least WC scored tonight anyway..Congrats Knox..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Colonels fall to 0-6 for the first time in a LONG time.

Dont let the score fool you, this was a very competetive game.
14-13 at the end of the first, Knox took a TD lead into halftime, and led by two at the end of three.

Its been almost 10 years since i watched a football game at KC. Then it was the old field, and let me tell you, you KC fans have really turned that program around. I was very impressed at how much has been done and how much of an attendance difference there was in only 10 short years. Kudos on turning nothing into something.

As for the game, KC fans havent really experienced a hard year like this one in a long time. I know this was a 46-27 ball game, but these teams were pretty evenly matched.
Ill also add that this may be the worst Whitley County defense ive ever watched in my life. Knoxs defense wasnt much better until after halftime when they made some good adjustments. Stupid mistakes by both teams, and i bet Whitley fumbled 5 times tonight, with Ysidro conituing to struggle holding on to the football.

Both teams, but especially Whitley, needs to get the defensive side of the ball figured out. Time and time again ive watched Whitley lack fundamantal tackling, and were past that stage. That one goes on the coaching staff. It also seems that kids havent wanted to play in a single game ive watched. No want to at all.

Maybe we'll keep losing and get the first draft pick next year Confusednicker:

What a bad year for teams in this area :HitWall:
5 fumbles huh? what in the world is going on with these teams and fumbles?? Man football is so down this year..
I believe that Whitley had 4 fumbles and one int. should have been 2 int's if it wasn't for a stupid pass interference. That ball was badly under thrown safety had no reason to tackle the WR, just dumb play on knox's part.

Knox's offense looked a little better tonight, Jacob Mills ran really good with G-man bothered by the shoulder injury. Knox may have found someone to help Gist out in the backfield so he doesn't have to run it thirty times a game. As far as defense Knox still has some work todo line play is getting better but still isn't close to where it should be.
I was shocked at how few kids Whitley had tonight for a 5a school that is just a shame. Not sure what's going on there but to compete in 5a you have to have more kids out there playing.
I understand that Whitley is not very good this year, but there is just no way they should have so little of a fan base that travels with them. I looked in the Whitley stands and was shocked that there was almost no body there. That has to be very disheartening for the players to see that no one is comming to watch them play. I hope thier home games aren't as bad.
Demarcus ware Wrote:5 fumbles huh? what in the world is going on with these teams and fumbles?? Man football is so down this year..
Ive noticed the talk of fumbles on every thread ive seen this year.
Doesnt anybody teach the ole fundamentals anymore? Confusednicker:
congrats KC
panther nation Wrote:I believe that Whitley had 4 fumbles and one int. should have been 2 int's if it wasn't for a stupid pass interference. That ball was badly under thrown safety had no reason to tackle the WR, just dumb play on knox's part.

Knox's offense looked a little better tonight, Jacob Mills ran really good with G-man bothered by the shoulder injury. Knox may have found someone to help Gist out in the backfield so he doesn't have to run it thirty times a game. As far as defense Knox still has some work todo line play is getting better but still isn't close to where it should be.

I think you'll agree that the first qtr was some of the worst defense ive ever seen two teams put on.

Whitleys defense confuses the hell out of me. No matter what they do or what they try, there is just no way they can stop anything.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive noticed the talk of fumbles on every thread ive seen this year.
Doesnt anybody teach the ole fundamentals anymore? Confusednicker:
Apparently not. I'm not exactly sure how many fumbles HC has had in the last two games, but good lord it's enough to make me want to scream...
panther nation Wrote:I was shocked at how few kids Whitley had tonight for a 5a school that is just a shame. Not sure what's going on there but to compete in 5a you have to have more kids out there playing.

Its hard to get the average fan out to watch an 0-5 team, whos now 0-6.
This season might have Black on the hot seat. Not sure if anything will be done, but the numbers are, to be honest, pitiful.
Were only dressing around 35-40 players and a bunch of the are frosh.
There was a lot of potential to start something really good a few years ago and it fell apart.

panther nation Wrote:I understand that Whitley is not very good this year, but there is just no way they should have so little of a fan base that travels with them. I looked in the Whitley stands and was shocked that there was almost no body there. That has to be very disheartening for the players to see that no one is comming to watch them play. I hope thier home games aren't as bad.

My brother and I counted under a 100 at one point.
Somethings gotta change. Ill just flat out say it. This is the worst season ive ever seen a Whitley County team have, but i knew it was coming. That was exactly why i told Bell fans that they would be bad. Under Black, the 2006, 2007, 2011 and and this year has just been horrible.
I think the success of the 08 and 09 seasons carried it this long, but its reaching a point where its coming.
These kids work hard and dont deserve it, but its obviously time for some kind of big change.
^^
Yes I do agree the first qt was really bad for both teams
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This season might have Black on the hot seat.
These kids work hard and dont deserve it, but its obviously time for some kind of big change.

If he isn't on the hot seat he should be. For a school that size to only dress that many kids is a crying shame. The ones that do stay and play deserve much better. It's only a matter of time before that all just give up and quit.

From everything I seen tonight both teams really have to get back to the basics and learn how to tackle again just way to many missed by both teams.
panther nation Wrote:If he isn't on the hot seat he should be. For a school that size to only dress that many kids is a crying shame. The ones that do stay and play deserve much better. It's only a matter of time before that all just give up and quit.

From everything I seen tonight both teams really have to get back to the basics and learn how to tackle again just way to many missed by both teams.

If you do go away from Black, then where do you go?
Blacks a great guy. He really does care about his players. But that doesnt always translate to wins.

If Whitley goes a different direction, they'll hire a current assistant, im sure.

When a change is made, Whitley needs to go way out, maybe even out of state and bring a big time guy in. Whitley has over 1300 kids in that school. They should be able to get 60 or 70 talented football players on the team.
I did notice that the panthers mixed up the play calling a little more tonight. Everything wasn't run it up the middle all the time. Mixed in a few option plays and some real nice play action passing to. Been looking for this type of play calls all year. Hope they keep this up.
Did Whitley throw the ball any last knight? How did the young qb do? I have heard he can throw a little bit.
Whitley threw the ball some but wasn't really that effective. The Qb had 1 int but really should have been2.
Congratulations Panthers on you win! I know this was a difficult game for both teams!! Just very glad there were no injuries.
panther nation Wrote:Whitley threw the ball some but wasn't really that effective. The Qb had 1 int but really should have been2.

2nd should have been was a half back pass. Passing was very good. Over 100 yards easily with 1 big drop and 1 fumble on 4 yard line after a 40-50 yard completion. 1TD pass.
After last week just could not talk my self into going this week, Did Gist not play at all . Great for Jacob Mills I have thought all year that he and the Stewart kid should be giving Gist some help. The Stewart kid is going to be special.
How many yards rushing did KC have. I was convinced Whitley couldn't stop anybody from after watching them last week. Bumping an assistant up will not be a change.
Im glad to see KC get the win but from what im reading it just sounds like that killer D that Onox used to have is gone. I hope they can get it nder wraps soon. And does anyone know when KC starts district play? I would like to know if anyone can help me out
a win is a win,congrats on that.i am still steaming over the lack of effort in last weeks game.the 2 games i wanted this team to win were bell and corbin.until the mentality and effort changes in this team {especially on defense] i dont think we beat good teams.
insideinfo Wrote:After last week just could not talk my self into going this week, Did Gist not play at all . Great for Jacob Mills I have thought all year that he and the Stewart kid should be giving Gist some help. The Stewart kid is going to be special.

Gist did play he had 1 td rec not sure about rushing yards. I think he played until about half way through 2nd qt. then he didn't play the rest of the way. Think that arm was still bother him some. Mills and Barger both had over 100 yards rushing.
Whitley has to learn to stop the run to be competitive.
Our passing game was actually better than ive seen all year.
Woods is a much better passing QB than Ysidro, but I think Ysidro is more effective at running the offense.

Its really hard to understand, but i dont see us running the option that much. Im not sure if its a lack of confidence or what, but those few good years in a row we had, we were very effective at running the option.
E's Army Wrote:How many yards rushing did KC have. I was convinced Whitley couldn't stop anybody from after watching them last week. Bumping an assistant up will not be a change.

I stopped counting midway through the first qtr Confusednicker:
Coach Black on the hot seat?
I know Dave Estes does a good job on the history of our opponents before each game but i missed it friday night.
Did anyone here the overall record between Whitley and Knox, and when the last time Knox beat Whitley was?
Im pretty sure it was mid 80's with Whitley winning the last 10 or so.
Pages: 1 2