Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 35 Indianapolis Cathedral, IN 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Trinity improves to 2-3 and will face St. X next week.
Rocks are not dead yet.
Congrats Trinity. Glad i picked you guys in the pick em'....Big showdown with St. X will be a good one..
Im excited to see how St X matches up with Trinity.
Trinity will finally play some one from Kentucky.
Trinity 35, Indianapolis Cathedral 30: Reggie Bonnafon ran for 179 yards and three TDs and passed for 156 yards to lead the Shamrocks (2-3), No. 2 in The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings, past the visiting Irish (2-4). Donald Brooks had 144 rushing yards.

Cathedral 3 0 7 20 - 30
Trinity 7 14 7 7 - 35

T-- Donald Brooks 1 run (Andrew McGuffey kick good); C -- FG Mitch Gerbers 28; T -- Reggie Bonnafon 1 run (McGuffey kick good); T -- Bonnafon 1 run (McGuffey kick good); C -- Evan Christopher 4 run (Gerbers kick good); T -- Bonnafon 57 run (McGuffey kick good); T -- Brooks 3 run (McGuffey kick good); C -- Christopher 5 run (Gerbers kick good); C -- Jack Gomez 30 pass from Collin Barthel (Gerbers kick good); C -- Gomez 55 pass from Barthel (Rush failed)

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-boxscores
E's Army Wrote:Trinity will finally play some one from Kentucky.

That means the schedule gets much easier.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:That means the schedule gets much easier.
Unfortunately, that is very true. Cathedral has a quality football program and they will probably repeat as the Indiana 4A champion and would probably win the 4A or 5A Kentucky title, but they are not even a top 5 Indianapolis metro area team this season. Trinity has played a brutal pre-district schedule and should have no trouble waltzing to another Kentucky state title.
Cathedral would not even come close to beating a Highlands or a Bowling Green I was at T game last night. You are giving them to much credit, just saying wasn't impressed by them.
steelerfan14 Wrote:Cathedral would not even come close to beating a Highlands or a Bowling Green I was at T game last night. You are giving them to much credit, just saying wasn't impressed by them.
I understand that Trinity dismantles Highlands every time that they scrimmage them. I am not sure on what basis you conclude that Cathedral is incapable of beating either Highlands or Bowling Green, because they will beat teams that are better than either Highlands or Bowling Green by season's end.

Cathedral plays a tougher schedule than any team in Kentucky, with the possible exception of Trinity, and always peaks for the playoffs. It is a much smaller school than Trinity and routinely plays schools that have bigger enrollments than the largest Kentucky 6A teams.