Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who do you think will start for your school?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i know practice hasn't even started yet but I want to get a general idea on who everyone's starters are.
Dont you think you should wait at least untill practice starts or even better, a week or two before opening games to ask a question like this?:wtf1:
most of the school's already know who is starting....i was just wondering who will be competing for the open spots!
For Example...Betsy Layne's starters are
pg. Brennan Case
sg. ??????
sf. ??????
pf. ??????
c. Trai Witt I was just wondering who will be competing for the open spots at your schools.
Pikeville's starters

PG-???
SG-???
SF-???
PF-???
C-???

You can fill in the blanks with the ones who trys the hardest in practice.
matt thomas, drew mcdavid, robbie wilcox, ryan bonner, and not sure about the other one.
t-cat50 Wrote:matt thomas, drew mcdavid, robbie wilcox, ryan bonner, and not sure about the other one.
They are going to be tough up in the 16th, those 1st 3 you mentioned are as good as anyone..IMO.
For Morgan County..probably:
Kat Haney 6'4 Sr.
Wes Montgomery 6'2 Sr.
Brandon Ferguson 6'3 Jr.
Possibly Logan May, Cameron Dunn, Stephen Barnett, or John Robert Henderson..the first 3 i mentioned are probably locks..because i.m.o. they're the best players on the team..and the other 2 will be decided when the season starts..
Paintsville
Slone
Vanhoose
Bundy
Grim
??????
For Fairview,it should be,

1.Alex Barker
2.Camron Hall
3.Caleb Collins
4.Daniel Armstrong
5.John Geringher
Danny Stewart would have started,but he quit during summer sessions,so he most likely won`t be playing this season.Cooksey doesn`t like quitters.
ducky Wrote:Paintsville
Slone
Vanhoose
Bundy
Grim
??????

Van ferguson
east ridge: Mike Rowe, Mark Bartley, Jordan Mullins, Anthony Coleman, David Ratliff.

Pikeville: Tim and Ted Honaker, Matt Clevinger, Jacob Sword, big tall guy from south floyd.
WIZE MAGIC Wrote:For Fairview,it should be,

1.Alex Barker
2.Camron Hall
3.Caleb Collins
4.Daniel Armstrong
5.John Geringher
Danny Stewart would have started,but he quit during summer sessions,so he most likely won`t be playing this season.Cooksey doesn`t like quitters.
armstrong is a big boy.
the starters for betsy WILL be as follows
PG- Brennan Case
SG- James Michael Lafferty
SF- Samuel Keathley
PF- Justin Collins
C- Trai Witt
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:east ridge: Mike Rowe, Mark Bartley, Jordan Mullins, Anthony Coleman, David Ratliff.

Pikeville: Tim and Ted Honaker, Matt Clevinger, Jacob Sword, big tall guy from south floyd.

No Robert Boyd, Jordan Bell, Daniel Harmon, or Jordan Hall, (I think that is his last name). I think Pikevilles lineup will change more than the menu at McDonalds this year.
phsblackcats Wrote:Van ferguson

yeah i hear van ferguson is pretty good
SEHUNT00 Wrote:yeah i hear van ferguson is pretty good
Is he the transfer??
he moved here from flordia i believe
Moe Wrote:Is he the transfer??
Van left Paintsville Elem. and moved to Fl. when he was 10 or 11.
His mother, several aunts, uncle and cousins all graduated from Paintsville High.
Some might remember his cousin, Danny Scott.
Anyway....Van is a transfer, but we look at it as more of a coming home!
Great ball handler, passer, good shooter, and at around 6'3", plays well above the rim. Kyle Jennings has played some with him recently, and told me he was very impressed and that Van can throw it down any way you would want. He was a point guard last year in Fl. but was the leading rebounder for his team, that I was told by an uncle of his, had a front court from 6'6"-6'10".
Paintsville
1. Blake Bundy
2. Shane Grimm
3. Landon Slone
4. JD VanHoose
5. Van Ferguson
paintsville is loaded man..at every aspect..and for the next two years.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:paintsville is loaded man..at every aspect..and for the next two years.

Wow! You are telling me,They have the top player in the region and one of the tops in the State in Slone, a top 3 caliber player in the region in VanHoose, a top 10 caliber player In Grimm, Bundy is a hard nosed solid role player who is capeable of doing some going things for this ball club and should be their best Defensive player.IMO.Van Fergason is supposed to be the best athlete in the 15th region this season and quiet possibly the second best player in the region this year behind Slone his teammate, thats how good he is supposed to be...But Ive never seen him but have heard these things of him, he has been pretty hyped up from alot of people about his ability, they say he's the real deal I dont Know.

They look dangerous on paper, but can they play together?? They should be favored in the region this season, JC #2 and SV #3.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:paintsville is loaded man..at every aspect..and for the next two years.

There must be a echo here in BGR's. We have heard that same thing for the last two years! Here the echo comes again... Paintsville is loaded with talent, but can they get that talent to play as a TEAM?
Is Daniel Pugh playing for the Tigers again this season?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There must be a echo here in BGR's. We have heard that same thing for the last two years! Here the echo comes again... Paintsville is loaded with talent, but can they get that talent to play as a TEAM?
I agree...the last 2 years they have the best players in the region....they couldn't play well together last year...so the big question is will they quit being selfish and jealous and learn to play together
White Mike Wrote:I agree...the last 2 years they have the best players in the region....they couldn't play well together last year...so the big question is will they quit being selfish and jealous and learn to play together
I have yet to see all that much awesome athletic talent. Hype yes,talent no. They are not much different than a bunch of teams in the 15th region. This is not the second coming of those Paintsville squads from 10 years ago. It's not even close. All this stuff started when these guys got labeled as 8th graders as being the class of supper kitties. They were not good or ready enough then to play at the varsity level, but they were all that Paintsville had so they had to play. They just have not panned out to be that super group, plain and simple. Now enter the supersized ego from Floyd County and his mommy to further disrupt things. I think that even most hardcore Paintsville supporters have come to that realization.
This less than talented group of kids beat Owensboro Apollo last season. Apollo went to the final four in the state tourney..
rooster Wrote:I have yet to see all that much awesome athletic talent. Hype yes,talent no. They are not much different than a bunch of teams in the 15th region. This is not the second coming of those Paintsville squads from 10 years ago. It's not even close. All this stuff started when these guys got labeled as 8th graders as being the class of supper kitties. They were not good or ready enough then to play at the varsity level, but they were all that Paintsville had so they had to play. They just have not panned out to be that super group, plain and simple. Now enter the supersized ego from Floyd County and his mommy to further disrupt things. I think that even most hardcore Paintsville supporters have come to that realization.

I think someone has a problem with Paintsville??? They won the district last year at Johnson Central, lost to them in the District finals their freshman year on a last second shot. That freshman year they were beat in double OT by the eventual region champs SV, and were defeated last year by SV in probably one of the oddest Region Tourneys I can ever remember, all the district Champs going out in the first round. Did they meet the expectations everyone has set for them last year? Nope, its that simple. Its a new year and they have everyone back that was a contributer to that team last year. And its fair to say we may never see another group of talent at PHS or any other 15th Region school compared to what they had 10 years ago when their starting 5 was 6'1, 6'3, 6'7, 6'9, and 6'10. Natural talent and height like that only comes around once in a blue moon. They did however do extremely well at a team camp this summer, and several players on that team did well at Bluechip. I think this year could be a region title year for Paintsville. Coach Runyon is no longer pulling double duty as a head coach and is just with the basketball team. Hopefully they can play TEAM ball and preform to the level everyone has said they were capable of doing. If not, it may just be another trip to the Regional Tourney.
ducky Wrote:This less than talented group of kids beat Owensboro Apollo last season. Apollo went to the final four in the state tourney..

Apollo was in the championship game last year.
PHSCARD Wrote:Apollo was in the championship game last year.
Thanks for the correction....I think you will see a much focused group this season.(Including coach Runyon) These kids can play and the hype may have hurt this young group. They need to focus on the floor and they could be in Rupp!!!
Pages: 1 2