Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenville (Tenn) 45 Harlan Co 0 Final Score.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I keep hearing that HC needs to add passing, but do they have the personnel to do that? It's one thing to have a QB that can pass but the planets have to align and the OC has to find a 4 leaf clover to have kids that can catch as well...and to have them by chance in the same year is something akin to winning the lottery for a coach. Greeneville has been blessed with families that seem to produce good receivers,and although they didn't perform as well last night as they should have, Ballard has enough confidence in them to air it out. I hate to see a kid get hurt, but the injury to the Devil's big back has forced Greeneville to throw it more. Imagine how good Greeneville will be when they have a back the size of your Whitehead( I think he might be bigger)pounding it up the middle. I'll have to agree with HDE, if you aren't traditionally a passing team, you don't add it at this point in the season. I'd say Larkey has his hands full with ball protection issues and bonehead penalties. Gonna be 2 long miserable weeks of practice for these boys.
Well congratulations to the Greeneville Green Devils for their impressive win. I loved the facilities at Greeneville!! No track around the field, so the refs could hear me all night long!! Wink But for two fans, everyone I spoke with from the fan base was very friendly. Greeneville fans reminded me of Clay County's fans in years past as they intermingle with the visitors. I actually sat beside one of the Greeneville fans...very nice guy. Everyone I spoke with had a "tie" to Harlan County. That seems to be the norm with most places I visit.

During and after the game, the kids on the field were very respectful and I didn't see a lot of the cheap shots taken. Greeneville's QB is talented and a lot of fun to watch! So all that said, but for the two men that I had to get the police for, I gotta say that Greeneville Green Devils positively impressed me; but for their parking.

Next week is a bye for us, so I gotta find a football game to attend so that I don't go into withdrawals!

I can't defend the Black Bears in this game. But I want to say that win lose or draw, I will be in the stands and behind our boys. I saw a post from a Belfry lady one time...LOUD AND PROUD. I've stolen that from her!! LOL That's what we were in the stands last night to the bitter end, and that's what I'll be for the Black Bears to the bitter end; whatever that might be.

Go Black Bears!!!!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Should have been 70-0 your ignorant Ass........should have been a lot closer than it was Jackass!!!!'
Don't be obtuse...HC could not stop Greeneville from scoring with their defense hobbled on the ends. If both teams had executed on offense the outcome would have been the same. Finchum just plain picked the Filthy Animals apart and they were so gassed at half-time that the Devils were pounding 160 lb backs up the middle. Greeneville controlled the line of scrimmage. Period.
Bad times for Da Bears, this shall past HC fans. Granny you can come to our game Friday. I will make you some special hot chocolate.
Hey Granny come on over here and watch with some of your friends from the Pond Creek Nation . You can have my seat I wont be able to be there.
Greeneville averages giving up 2.6 points per game 3 shutouts so far and teams only scoring 7 & 6 on backups. Our defense is really good. Hope Harlan County players aren't too sore this morning
GREENEVILLE Wrote:Greeneville averages giving up 2.6 points per game 3 shutouts so far and teams only scoring 7 & 6 on backups. Our defense is really good. Hope Harlan County players aren't too sore this morning
Show some class. Trash talking should end with the final horn. In fact, trash talking is not even an essential part of a good football program.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Show some class. Trash talking should end with the final horn. In fact, trash talking is not even an essential part of a good football program.

Yes but it sure makes for a fun football forum. Bear fans give as good as they get...fun times. Y'all play safe and keep it between the lines. I'll check in on ya occasionally to see how things are going...
barb Wrote:Yes but it sure makes for a fun football forum. Bear fans give as good as they get...fun times. Y'all play safe and keep it between the lines. I'll check in on ya occasionally to see how things are going...
Some may enjoy pre-game trash talking on these forums, but rubbing salt in the wound after a game always shows a lack of class and poor sportsmanship. I am not a Harlan County fan - just somebody disgusted with trolls. HC is going through some tough times and to think that winning one game over one KY team established Greenville's and the state of Tennessee's football supremacy over the entire state of Kentucky is just plain silly.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Some may enjoy pre-game trash talking on these forums, but rubbing salt in the wound after a game always shows a lack of class and poor sportsmanship. I am not a Harlan County fan - just somebody disgusted with trolls. HC is going through some tough times and to think that winning one game over one KY team established Greenville's and the state of Tennessee's football supremacy over the entire state of Kentucky is just plain silly.

Trolls? Shoot Hoot, I thought this was a thread for the Harland County/Greeneville game. If your not a fan of either seems to me that YOUR the TROLL. We don't represent the State of Tennessee any more than HC represents the Bluegrass State. Besides, I think Granny and Company are plenty capable of defending themselves.
barb Wrote:Trolls? Shoot Hoot, I thought this was a thread for the Harland County/Greeneville game. If your not a fan of either seems to me that YOUR the TROLL. We don't represent the State of Tennessee any more than HC represents the Bluegrass State. Besides, I think Granny and Company are plenty capable of defending themselves.
There is no rule against anybody participating in any forum here, Barb. I have as much right to respond to the idiot posting as GREENVILLE as anybody else has. He/she/it will soon be talking trash on some other forum in preparation for your next game. It reflects badly on the rest of you. If you think that the comments of he/she/it are worth defending, then so be it, but in doing so you will also reflect badly on your school. You have a fine team, you won easily, and should do well the rest of the season - but the game is over and with it the time for trash talking.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no rule against anybody participating in any forum here, Barb. I have as much right to respond to the idiot posting as GREENVILLE as anybody else has. He/she/it will soon be talking trash on some other forum in preparation for your next game. It reflects badly on the rest of you. If you think that the comments of he/she/it are worth defending, then so be it, but in doing so you will also reflect badly on your school. You have a fine team, you won easily, and should do well the rest of the season - but the game is over and with it the time for trash talking.

I thought his post was pretty tame as far as trash talking goes... if you are so easily offended, you might go find a nice scrapbooking forum
barb Wrote:I thought his post was pretty tame as far as trash talking goes... if you are so easily offended, you might go find a nice scrapbooking forum
I am not easily offended, just easily annoyed by twerps that have nothing better to do than kick downed opponents after a game has already been played. Why don't you go pull some wings off a few flies?
I was saying we have a good defense so scoring on us is hard which would show why Harlan County didn't. Yes they did fumbled a lot but the score would still had been the same if the hadn't. No trash talking just inside info for the "trolls"
Interesting tidbit....of course you can't see a member's post if they are on your "ignore" list. You can; however, see them if they are "quoted" by another member.

You go Hoot!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Well congratulations to the Greeneville Green Devils for their impressive win. I loved the facilities at Greeneville!! No track around the field, so the refs could hear me all night long!! Wink But for two fans, everyone I spoke with from the fan base was very friendly. Greeneville fans reminded me of Clay County's fans in years past as they intermingle with the visitors. I actually sat beside one of the Greeneville fans...very nice guy. Everyone I spoke with had a "tie" to Harlan County. That seems to be the norm with most places I visit.

During and after the game, the kids on the field were very respectful and I didn't see a lot of the cheap shots taken. Greeneville's QB is talented and a lot of fun to watch! So all that said, but for the two men that I had to get the police for, I gotta say that Greeneville Green Devils positively impressed me; but for their parking.

Next week is a bye for us, so I gotta find a football game to attend so that I don't go into withdrawals!

I can't defend the Black Bears in this game. But I want to say that win lose or draw, I will be in the stands and behind our boys. I saw a post from a Belfry lady one time...LOUD AND PROUD. I've stolen that from her!! LOL That's what we were in the stands last night to the bitter end, and that's what I'll be for the Black Bears to the bitter end; whatever that might be.

When you hold your head up and take everything that comes at you WITH CLASS, you can never be defeated!
That's a very profound statement MtnHSFootballFan!! I would expect nothing less from you. I must admit; however, I lost a little of my class this week.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not easily offended, just easily annoyed by twerps that have nothing better to do than kick downed opponents after a game has already been played. Why don't you go pull some wings off a few flies?

"pull the wings off FLIES" Confusednicker: epic fail
Greeneville fans, how much do you lose this year?

Playing at Harlan County is tough, but HC loses a lot of good talent after this year. Should we expect the same from Greeneville?
^^
I'll still be there!
^
I still go to Whitley games and you see the catasrophe that is Whitley football this year Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:That's a very profound statement MtnHSFootballFan!! I would expect nothing less from you. I must admit; however, I lost a little of my class this week.

Granny, my statement was in response to your statement of unwavering support for your team and not an indictment of or a comment about your reactions to a rough period of time. Let me further clarify things by saying that I have been defeated more than once in the past. Most of us who frequent this site know that there's probably no one who is more hospitable to others and as compassionate about their team than you. Your team has lost ballgames before and probably will in the future. Yes, your team got their behind kicked twice but you weren't playing any weak opponents either. The last team was a seasoned winner for many years. I guess you could say, they were supposed to win unless we sent down Trinity in one of their better years. The game with Johnson Central came as a shock to about everyone, but we now understand that your team was very much distracted and otherwise occupied mentally at a time that they needed to be at their best all the way around. Then there were the pretty sharp discussions that we aren't used to most of the time around here. So you got severely tested and the test revealed that you are human. I believe you have one of the finest hearts around. And I also believe that the stress and testing will make you and your team and everyone involved even better than you were before because in your heart that's the way you desire for things to be.

I've never met you personally, but I hope to sometime. And I want that meeting to be at your football field so that I can enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and hospitality that I've heard about on here.

We still Love You and all the Harlan County faithful. If you feel you did something wrong, you know who to talk to about that. HE loves you!
GREENEVILLE Wrote:I was saying we have a good defense so scoring on us is hard which would show why Harlan County didn't. Yes they did fumbled a lot but the score would still had been the same if the hadn't. No trash talking just inside info for the "trolls"

How can you say Greenevilles drop passes were TD's but Harlan County wouldn't have scored if they hadn't fumbled? Even a Greeneville fan sitting behind me said at Halftine this game could easily be 20-14.

Our defense was gassed at halftime because they turned the ball over 4 times in the first half. The filthy animals were on the field a lot.

I think the air went out when we held Greeneville on 4th down then fumbled the next play.

Greeneville probably would have still out scored the Bears but 4 turnovers sure made things easier for them. Plus stupid penalties for the Bears, every big play we had got called back as well.

Just an absolute pitiful showing for the Bears no fumbles and fewer penalties and I honestly think this is a more competitive game. It's not like the Greenville defense was hitting them so hard they were forcing the fumbles.

And it had absolutely no outcome on the game but Greeneville did get some Tennessee home cooking from the refs. 1 false start penalty no team is that perfect!

Beautiful place for a game, very friendly fans (except for the one the mama bears were ready to kill). Very good experience except for the score.

But the team kept playing once they can get this fumbling under control we will be just fine.

Good luck to Greeneville the rest of the season fans mentioned Fulton is huge rival good luck!
I love football in the mountains and I have become a follower of all teams in this area. I for one was very excited about Harlan Co. before the season started but they have been a huge let down. They have waivered from the path Tom Larkey knows and it shows. A couch can only show you the way, he can't walk it for you. I hope Harlan is able to rebound and save this disastrous season, A piece of me believes they are to far gone though.
^^
Yeah, and he took off once I finally found a police officer. The officers were extremely cordial and helpful, too. I agree with your post.

MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Granny, my statement was in response to your statement of unwavering support for your team and not an indictment of or a comment about your reactions to a rough period of time. Let me further clarify things by saying that I have been defeated more than once in the past. Most of us who frequent this site know that there's probably no one who is more hospitable to others and as compassionate about their team than you. Your team has lost ballgames before and probably will in the future. Yes, your team got their behind kicked twice but you weren't playing any weak opponents either. The last team was a seasoned winner for many years. I guess you could say, they were supposed to win unless we sent down Trinity in one of their better years. The game with Johnson Central came as a shock to about everyone, but we now understand that your team was very much distracted and otherwise occupied mentally at a time that they needed to be at their best all the way around. Then there were the pretty sharp discussions that we aren't used to most of the time around here. So you got severely tested and the test revealed that you are human. I believe you have one of the finest hearts around. And I also believe that the stress and testing will make you and your team and everyone involved even better than you were before because in your heart that's the way you desire for things to be.

I've never met you personally, but I hope to sometime. And I want that meeting to be at your football field so that I can enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and hospitality that I've heard about on here.

We still Love You and all the Harlan County faithful. If you feel you did something wrong, you know who to talk to about that. HE loves you!

Thank you!! I would love for you to visit Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium. Just name the game!!

I, like my beloved Black Bears, failed myself last night. No worries. As old as I am I still am learning. If you get to the point in life (even at my age) where you stop learning, then you stop growing.
Patriot Wrote:How can you say Greenevilles drop passes were TD's but Harlan County wouldn't have scored if they hadn't fumbled? Even a Greeneville fan sitting behind me said at Halftine this game could easily be 20-14.

Our defense was gassed at halftime because they turned the ball over 4 times in the first half. The filthy animals were on the field a lot.

I think the air went out when we held Greeneville on 4th down then fumbled the next play.

Greeneville probably would have still out scored the Bears but 4 turnovers sure made things easier for them. Plus stupid penalties for the Bears, every big play we had got called back as well.

Just an absolute pitiful showing for the Bears no fumbles and fewer penalties and I honestly think this is a more competitive game. It's not like the Greenville defense was hitting them so hard they were forcing the fumbles.

And it had absolutely no outcome on the game but Greeneville did get some Tennessee home cooking from the refs. 1 false start penalty no team is that perfect!

Beautiful place for a game, very friendly fans (except for the one the mama bears were ready to kill). Very good experience except for the score.

But the team kept playing once they can get this fumbling under control we will be just fine.

Good luck to Greeneville the rest of the season fans mentioned Fulton is huge rival good luck!

Great points but did you know the Bears offense was actually on the field longer in the first half than Greeneville. (Greeneville 10:45 to Harlan County 13:15)I believe that means the Devil defense was on the field longer. If, like most teams, most of those big Bears play both ways, I'm sure they were on the line most of the half. I believe Greeneville has a bit more depth and could keep fresh legs churning at the line. Because of the turn-overs, a game that HC fans was sure to be a clock game quickly became a game of field position. The biggest drawback to a power running game like HC has is it is awfully hard to come back once your down 3 TD's . It just wears out your big boys.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Yeah, and he took off once I finally found a police officer. The officers were extremely cordial and helpful, too. I agree with your post.

Thank you!! I would love for you to visit Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium. Just name the game!!

I, like my beloved Black Bears, failed myself last night. No worries. As old as I am I still am learning. If you get to the point in life (even at my age) where you stop learning, then you stop growing.

That's a big 10-4 on the still learning. When I was 18 I thought I was the smartest person in the world. When I hit 30 I began to question my judgement. It wasn't long before I had to admit I might have been wrong when I was 18. After that I began to realize that I learn something every day and I've learned from senior citizens and even from little children.

I'll have to look at games and check my schedule. I guess it's getting near the beautiful time of year over there when the leaves start turning. Are there any football games scheduled around any of Harlan County's famous festivals?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Greeneville fans, how much do you lose this year?

Playing at Harlan County is tough, but HC loses a lot of good talent after this year. Should we expect the same from Greeneville?

Greeneville will lose a lot of senior leadership...
Tough year for Harlan co.
Was this a two year deal is Grenville comeing to Harlan county next year .
Harlan county will be ok they just need to get focused the real seaon starts now so put all this behind u all get ready for play offs .
Pages: 1 2 3