Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 34 Rowan County 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Good win for Ashland.
And so the long season continues for the Vikings. Ashland gets a win in a game that probably resembled more of a glorified practice.
Not trying to start anything but...........some smart mouth from Ashland a few weeks ago said no way that we have improved by 40 something points from last year. If you look at Ashland and the Dawgs 2 common opponents in Raceland and Rowan then I beg to differ. I said that we would revisit that comment in a few weeks so..................
This is a completely different Lawrence team. I don't remember the exact person or thread and I don't think you are worth my time even looking it up.:rockon::Thumbs::biggrin:
So how is Ashlands starting QB? Heard he was injured in the first half and didn't return to the game. Hope all is well.
As do I pooper. Hate to see any young lad down on their luck with an injury. Speaking of injury, one of my favorite players, Baker, did not have a very pretty stat line. Did he also get injured during this game?
Paula Dean Wrote:As do I pooper. Hate to see any young lad down on their luck with an injury. Speaking of injury, one of my favorite players, Baker, did not have a very pretty stat line. Did he also get injured during this game?

He didn't run the ball well but had over 100 receiving yards. The great ones find ways to make plays.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:He didn't run the ball well but had over 100 receiving yards. The great ones find ways to make plays.

I agree. A RB catching the ball out of the backfield or in the slot, with Baker's speed, is a valuable weapon.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:He didn't run the ball well but had over 100 receiving yards. The great ones find ways to make plays.

Did I hear correctly??? Rowan held Baker to less than 30 yards running???
Rowan wasnt a bad team at all. They were very very undisciplined and to be honest were very capable of winning. They had a ton of turnovers and seemed to be forcing the pass. Their line and HB were pretty impressive, if that coach can get those boys on some kind of leash they might be a solid team.