Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 40 Betsy Layne 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Betsy Layne.

Was 14-13 at the half. BL has 3 crucial turnovers and Prestonsburg converts on each to blow this one open in the 4th quarter.

Betsy Layne is getting better and better, but this was their best opportunity to beat Prestonsburg with all the youth they have and they still don't get it done.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congratulations, Blackcats!
Im a big betsy layne fun I just want to say if you quit playing cupcake teams you'd probably go farther
Blackcats come up with a big win.
I personally didn't think that this one would be this close but I must give BL credit. They have really surprised me this year. BL keep climbing!!!!!
Congrats of Pburg on the win!
Wins mean nothing come district time
^ the second half of Betsy laynes schedule is just as weak as the first. You can't prepare for the playoffs with such a weak schedule. Way to go BLACKCATS!
A diet of cupcakes is not healthy. The Bobcats have to schedule tougher teams or what happened tonight will happen forever. Great game by the Blackcats. Good effort Bobcats.
I agree Bobcat.

Parsons had the right idea scheduling weak teams when he first took over to get the school and community excited, but eventually you need to start scheduling some tougher competition, other than playing Prestonsburg once a year and getting taken out by a good team in the playoffs in the first round.

You don't have to go far to find very good competition in this area. I know everyone has scheduling conflicts, but if Betsy Layne ever wants to be Prestonsburg, start playing the level of competition they play each year. You may lose a handful of games, but it'll be worth it come district and playoff time. Unlike playing against scrubs and beating them by 40 and having to rest your starters in the second half.

Best of luck to the Bobcats on the rest of the season!
I thought both teams played hard. With three turn overs at the end of the game that pburg capitalized on, it would not matter what schedule bl played. There is a lot of talent on bl's team, they just have to play to their abilities. I could see bl making it far in playoffs.
congrats Pburg
Would Sheldon Clark been a different team if the boys didn't transfer? Yes. Did they scrimmage Breathitt County? Yes, Did they drop Hannan for a pretty good Maggoffin County team, yes. Betsy Layne will always play Floyd County Teams. So that schedule is going to stay the same. I do think they will be moved to single A in a couple years.

As far as the game tonight? Betsy Layne got outplayed, out coached, and out cheered in the stands.
Sheriff, I don't think coaching was a factor. Nothing changed for either team much during the 4 th quarter. That was when the majority of pburgs points were scored.
I wouldn't be surprised to see both these teams meet again in the playoffs. If so could the Bobcats get there sweet revenge then? Maybe we will see how the district plays out first
Congrats to the Blackcats great win toinight on The Hill....County Bragging rights were on the line and District opener for both teams.....Betsy Layne has a very good football team and that program has improved very much, this would've been the signature win they needed, but P-burg is a much better team than hat their record entering this game would've indicated, they have played a tough schedule.. Games like this one tonight between P-Burg and Betsy Layne are what makes football Friday nights in the mountains great!!
sheriff Wrote:Would Sheldon Clark been a different team if the boys didn't transfer? Yes. Did they scrimmage Breathitt County? Yes, Did they drop Hannan for a pretty good Maggoffin County team, yes. Betsy Layne will always play Floyd County Teams. So that schedule is going to stay the same. I do think they will be moved to single A in a couple years.

As far as the game tonight? Betsy Layne got outplayed, out coached, and out cheered in the stands.

Then drop Jenkins and Knott Central and pick up decent local teams!
your should have dropped Jenkins or knott central and keep Paintsville on ur schedule
Paintsville dropped Betsy Layne. You need to change your name bobcat for life, sounds like your only for them when they win.
Congratulations Panthers!! I was keeping up with the game as best I could, and come half time, this game wasn't won or lost by anyone.

Prestonsburg came through impressively!

Betsy Layne needs to keep their chin up. Sounds to me like they played a valiant game!
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Panthers!! I was keeping up with the game as best I could, and come half time, this game wasn't won or lost by anyone.

Prestonsburg came through impressively!

Betsy Layne needs to keep their chin up. Sounds to me like they played a valiant game!

Blackcats Granny, get it right. :Clap:
The Bobcats are doing well, sometimes when you lose the game, you learn from the loss, therefore get better, work harder, and improve. Prestonsburg Blackcats played a great game and they will have a great season due to a tough schedule. The Blackcats will be ready for the playoffs and Betsy Layne will improve and get better and possibly be a 9-1 team in the playoffs. The bobcats are very talented may be for once they are as talented as the Black cats are, but to play at their level they've got to take steps to get there, that is work harder in practice and get better as a team and put themselves in position to play the Blackcats in the playoffs. I feel fully confident in the coaching staff at Betsy Layne to put the Bobcats in a better position.
I wish betsy layne would play pikeville again!!
Pitiful showing and make u wonder what went wrong so many possibilities
Good effort by the Blackcats tonight to win one of these close halftime ball games. Very proud of the fight they shown last night. I think Dylan Hamilton is a very underrated signal caller for the Bobcats, he seemed to throw a really nice ball and put the ball where it needed to be. Good luck to both the rest of the season!

-Jarredd Jarrell was 13-14 for 156 and 4 total tds and on defense intercepted 2 passes.
(2 passing, 1 rushing, 1 int return)
About what I figured. Congrats to the Blackcats on the win.
sportsguru4u Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see both these teams meet again in the playoffs. If so could the Bobcats get there sweet revenge then? Maybe we will see how the district plays out first

Given last night's outcome, for P'burg and Betsy Layne to meet again in the playoffs, that means the Bobcats would have to beat TWO of the following teams in the first two rounds:

Danville
Lexington Christian
Middlesboro
Somerset

Really? Hope springs eternal, I guess.
The chances of these two meeting in the playoffs are slim to none.

Going to be a tall task for either of these teams to make it past the first round.
Im glad this site is opinionated. I didn't get to come to the game, but I did get to listen to the game. I will never buy from Rick Hughes again or any of his businesses. I suggest anyone from Betsy Layne do the same. I won't even listen to the music anymore. I understand being biased but why bad mouth Betsy Layne the entire game?