Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 69 Boyd County 14 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Not surprising!!
JC's Tyler Pack attempted a State Record 60 yd. field goal tonight...

The kick was straight on, but the ball came up just a few yards short. He'll break that record before the season is out.
I've been on the chain crew since the 2006 season.... and I've seen several blow-outs. And you can always tell when a team just 'quits'.

But Boyd Co., didn't quit tonight. Their sideline stayed up and they continued to play.

I think Boyd Co. will be just fine in about 2-3 years.
Any stats?
Congratulations, Golden Eagles!
After 5 games... JC is 5-0

With scores of
67-7; 72-28; 53-7; 36-14; 69-14

That's a Total of....
297-70

That's a point difference of 227 for JC.

JC is scoring an average of 59 points per game.
JC is allowing an average of 14 points per game.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:After 5 games... JC is 5-0

With scores of
67-7; 72-28; 53-7; 36-14; 69-14

That's a Total of....
297-70

That's a point difference of 227 for JC.

JC is scoring an average of 59 points per game.
JC is allowing an average of 14 points per game.

Big game at Ironton next week, then back to back huge games at Putnam and at Belfry the last two weeks of the season. But scorewise, this team is putting up numbers so far like the 2006 team did.
With these 5 games remaining in the regular season.... 3 big games and they're all on the road at The Tank, Putnam Stadium and the CAM..... those games Should be a great measuring stick for post season play.

@ Ironton, OH.
@ Greenup County
VS. Rowan County
@ Ashland
@ Belfry
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With these 5 games remaining in the regular season.... 3 big games and they're all on the road at The Tank, Putnam Stadium and the CAM..... those games Should be a great measuring stick for post season play.

@ Ironton, OH.
@ Greenup County
VS. Rowan County
@ Ashland
@ Belfry

Really wish Ashland and Belfry weren't back to back going into the playoffs. Worries me about getting people hurt. And also putting the toughest game on your schedule as the last game...going into the playoffs with a loss hurts your momentum. Of course, I guess if you can't beat Belfry you ain't gonna beat Highlands either, so what the heck.
Diogenes Wrote:Really wish Ashland and Belfry weren't back to back going into the playoffs. Worries me about getting people hurt. And also putting the toughest game on your schedule as the last game...going into the playoffs with a loss hurts your momentum. Of course, I guess if you can't beat Belfry you ain't gonna beat Highlands either, so what the heck.

I would love to see that game (or any big Non-District game) on Apple Day Friday at JC... Talk about a crowd.
In case anybody has forgotten.... Your Truly (Pulp Fiction) is Alex Green.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I would love to see that game (or any big Non-District game) on Apple Day Friday at JC... Talk about a crowd.

Amen to THAT. Gotten to the point now where we're playing on the road on Apple Day Friday. What has this world come to?
Diogenes Wrote:Amen to THAT. Gotten to the point now where we're playing on the road on Apple Day Friday. What has this world come to?

And with Chris Stapleton singing on Apple Day Friday Night.... My heart is torn.

JC vs. Ironton at The Tank.....

OR

Seeing Chris Stapleton in concert......
Diogenes Wrote:Amen to THAT. Gotten to the point now where we're playing on the road on Apple Day Friday. What has this world come to?

But for real...

It would be nice to see a good Lexington/Louisville/NKY team come to JC on Apple Day Friday.
Yall got me wanting to go the Apple Days now. Use to go every year when I was a kid. We had a houseboat on Dewey and never missed it. Ah the good ole days.
Crossbones Wrote:Yall got me wanting to go the Apple Days now. Use to go every year when I was a kid. We had a houseboat on Dewey and never missed it. Ah the good ole days.

Come on down.....
I've already got my eating schedule lined out for Friday and Saturday.
Didn't get to listen to Spike and the gang on WSIP for the stats....

Anybody have any stats?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Come on down.....
I've already got my eating schedule lined out for Friday and Saturday.

May have to do that. Got a brother in law that lives down that way. I always enjoyed the carmel apples. Never could get enough of them things. Some good eattin. I believe you may have talked me into it. :biggrin:
And by the way.....

I have NO Problem with seeing Pack attempt the 60 yd. field goal. As a matter of fact, I think the crowd was louder when he was out there than any point in the game. And yes, JC did take a 30+ yd. loss on one of the downs.... but if I was on the team, and one of my buddies had a shot at a state record, I'd do everything I could to help him out. If that means taking a loss of yds. so he can have a longer field goal, then so be it.

JC could have scored 100+ in every game so far this year. Heck, JC took a knee on an extra point attempt to keep the score from hitting 70. When a team is out matched, and the JV and Frosh keep scoring... or the other team is having the worst night of their life's, it's not the coaches fault. I know if I was at practice everyday busting my butt, when I got in the varsity game.... I'd be trying every way in the world to get a touchdown.

Let the kids do their thing. It would be nice to see two JC players with state records. J.J. Jude for the all time rushing leader and Tyler Pack for the all time longest field goal.
I hope Pack tries the state record field goal in every game the rest of the season.

And another thing, Pack made some nice tackles tonight on kick-offs.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I hope Pack tries the state record field goal in every game the rest of the season.

And another thing, Pack made some nice tackles tonight on kick-offs.

Tries, and MAKES.
Why not just kick it when you're around the 43? I'm all for the kid getting a record but to have a player run backwards 30 yards to set up the attempt is unnecessary. It makes it look like you are just toying with your opponent and do not respect the effort that they were playing with that you previously mentioned. That makes his taking a knee at the end to avoid scoring 70 a hollow gesture to me.
As ive said before, I think JC is the best team in EKY, but if i were them, i wouldnt put any stock into that meaningless Belfry game.
Id get those guys some rest.
congrats JC
I agree with Walt. In baseball. A Manager can get tossed for doing something like that. Taking from the Integrity of the game. Don't be suprised when a late hit happens on a play like that. Kid takes a 30 yard loss and then a late hit and the ball moves forward 15. Out of record range then.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And by the way.....

I have NO Problem with seeing Pack attempt the 60 yd. field goal. As a matter of fact, I think the crowd was louder when he was out there than any point in the game. And yes, JC did take a 30+ yd. loss on one of the downs.... but if I was on the team, and one of my buddies had a shot at a state record, I'd do everything I could to help him out. If that means taking a loss of yds. so he can have a longer field goal, then so be it.

JC could have scored 100+ in every game so far this year. Heck, JC took a knee on an extra point attempt to keep the score from hitting 70. When a team is out matched, and the JV and Frosh keep scoring... or the other team is having the worst night of their life's, it's not the coaches fault. I know if I was at practice everyday busting my butt, when I got in the varsity game.... I'd be trying every way in the world to get a touchdown.

Let the kids do their thing. It would be nice to see two JC players with state records. J.J. Jude for the all time rushing leader and Tyler Pack for the all time longest field goal.

Didn't Jordan Young score the last TD on the night?
Yes, if I'm not mistaken Young was getting time in at the safety position with the younger players.
What are the combine teams record that Johnson Central has played so far. I would like to know .
podunker Wrote:What are the combine teams record that Johnson Central has played so far. I would like to know .
Look it up and let us know.
Pages: 1 2