Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 46 - Ryle 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from independence... Stats I come
Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
4 Logan Winkler 9 140 15.6 47 3
15 Grant Wassom 3 72 24.0 51 1
18 Lars McEntyre 4 39 9.8 25 0
87 Grant Vercheak 1 26 26.0 26 0
5 Evan Meenach 1 9 9.0 9 0
82 Chad Rowe 1 7 7.0 7 0

Kuntz with 4 TDs in. 3 quaters
SK rolls in rivalry game.
Kuntz was 17/19 285 yards 89% 4 tds 55 yards rushing 2 tds.
That's a nice line.
Running clock late in the 2nd quarter. SK's defense bottled up Ryle's offense all night.
Looks like Kuntz had a nice night. Congrats to Simon Kenton on another win!
congrats SK
Kuntz is one of the bet QBs to come thru Nky in recent years. And I've seen them all play from Hempel to Pike to towels to Mcnabb to holliston to Barker.

Kuntz had great mechanics and made throws I haven't seen any of the others make.

Congrats to SK on the big win and congrats to that young man
Way to be objective in defeat TNT.

So much for those long sustained drives we were discussing. Congrats to SK on the win!
Yeah some of Ryle's problem was offensive play calling but the other 60% was SK out playing them in the first half you could tell they studied there film and picked the perfect lanes to throw the ball.
Ryle's 3 runs on a 2nd and short blew my mind. The kid can throw so let him throw especially if you have nothing to lose.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Kuntz is one of the bet QBs to come thru Nky in recent years. And I've seen them all play from Hempel to Pike to towels to Mcnabb to holliston to Barker.

Kuntz had great mechanics and made throws I haven't seen any of the others make.

Congrats to SK on the big win and congrats to that young man

I totally agree with everything you said!!!
He made a believer out of me I have watched a game live and parts of films of Barker this year the only thing he has on Kuntz from what I've seen is size. But I was told Kuntz is a younger senior so that will come with time. With SK being 6-0 and the ridiculous numbers he's capable to put up he will get some looks especially as the playoffs near. He will be a player to watch.
Kuntz sounds like the real deal Someone will be all over him.
Kunts looks taller than Barker. Barker has more weight. But Kuntz is alot quicker and faster.
Good win for sk
TNT, where does Ryle go from here? It seems key that success in the district is going to depend on QB play and thus far, Ryle seems ineffective at QB development. It always makes me scratch my head when I see either the JV or Freshman team blow away the opposition running the ball knowing this formula does not work at the varsity level.

Your thoughts?
^development needs to be the only focus for the rest of the year for Ryle. QB play is part of the problem but another major problem is the traditional strong defensive backfield Ryle usually has isn't there. That's because the guy who has coached them for however many years is the new OC.

I'm not saying the season is over but the best I see them fairing is 3-7 but a record of 1-9 would not suprise me as mucch as it pains me to say it.

IMO the biggest problem with the QB is they don't have a true QB coach. Any QB coach knows you have to let a QB play thru a few mistakes especially when your developing one. They rotate QBs way to much the second string guy isn't terrible but the starter is just a better passer. To run everything out of a shotgun like they have been you have to go with the strong passer. And he has thrown great passes you can't blame him for the 5 drops in the first 3 series vs SK Friday.

The problem with QB1 Brandt is it looks like he gets ahead of himself and he fumbles the snap atleast once a game. Coaching should be able to correct that. Not pulling him out for it when your down 35 - 0 and that's his 2nd mistake.
The have a big O-Line but they constantly switch then around. I can't tell you how many times I've seen them switch there guards and tackles and then watched the defense get TFLs off the switch.

Lastly get rid of so many father coaches. If you have 2 or 3 that's no big deal but they have atleast 7 that are on the coaching staff. Not enough Indians to many chiefs. I personally like Warner and what he has done since he started in Union. I just hope he doesn't let other people bring around his downfall.

There I'm done with my rant lol.