Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 21 Southwestern 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
10 seconds for SW to throw an incomplete pass from the NL 4yard line to end the game.
Crazy ending to the game!
More importantly, Southwestern's Stewart Russell was taken to the hospital during the game. Please keep him, along with his family, in your thoughts and prayers!
North's clock quit working at half time.
That along with some other things made this a rough outing.

GO WARRIORS!!!
^
Dont let the Wburg fans have any more conspiracies Confusednicker:

In all honesty, Southwestern may be the best 0-6 team in the state. Theyve played a lot of good mountain teams very tough and should have won the majority of those.
After seeing this though, Im not sold on North having a chance against Pulaski or Madison Southern. This is the best this district has been overall since the realignment.

Congrats to North for there first ever 6-0 start.
Congrats to NL. Prays going out to the Russell family!! Hope the young man is ok.
Holy Mackeral, sounded like a awesome game. Radio guys going nuts giving a great play by play.
Congrats to North Laurel big win for them in conference.My only Gripe is with the officials of the game.When Southwesterns' Player is lying within three feet of the playing field and looked like fighting for his life at that point in time,the game was not stopped. The young man was surrounded by medical staff,with the line of scrimmage not more than 5 yards away.At that point the young man could not defend him self on the side line as he was on his back or on his side vomiting or having what appeared as seizures. He may have not been directly on the field of play, but it was a dangerous situation none the less. If you had been on our sideline or it had been one of yours, I am certain you would feel the same as most Southwestern fans. Did it cost us the game? NO! Did it affect the boys on the sideline? YES!! Seeing one of your team mates convulsing on the side line had an adverse affect on the whole team and fans. Being from Laurel Co. for the past 20 some years I'm appalled by this situation.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

In all honesty, Southwestern may be the best 0-6 team in the state. Theyve played a lot of good mountain teams very tough and should have won the majority of those.
After seeing this though, Im not sold on North having a chance against Pulaski or Madison Southern. This is the best this district has been overall since the realignment.

Thanks Gut for the 6-0, but, we were off last week just 5-0. Like you I really have a problem seeing us beat Pulaski next week and going 6-0. It seemed like something was missing last night against Southwestern.
Congratulations North Laurel on your district game victory!!!

Hate to hear about the injury!! Keep us posted, GetChili!! He and his family will certainly be in my prayers.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Congrats to North Laurel big win for them in conference.My only Gripe is with the officials of the game.When Southwesterns' Player is lying within three feet of the playing field and looked like fighting for his life at that point in time,the game was not stopped. The young man was surrounded by medical staff,with the line of scrimmage not more than 5 yards away.At that point the young man could not defend him self on the side line as he was on his back or on his side vomiting or having what appeared as seizures. He may have not been directly on the field of play, but it was a dangerous situation none the less. If you had been on our sideline or it had been one of yours, I am certain you would feel the same as most Southwestern fans. Did it cost us the game? NO! Did it affect the boys on the sideline? YES!!

Keep us updated on Stewarts' condition Grandpa! I agree with you that the officials should have made an official timeout to make sure he was not in danger.
What is more Important? A players health or stopping a game for a few minutes.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

JagSwag Wrote:Thanks Gut for the 6-0, but, we were off last week just 5-0. Like you I really have a problem seeing us beat Pulaski next week and going 6-0. It seemed like something was missing last night against Southwestern.

What is North missing? Southwestern is a fine team regardless of the record they have. Serious question for both of you and I am not being smart or acting like I know everything but what has Pulaski shown this year that makes them have the hype they have had? I really want to know like I said not trying to start trouble just curuis. I looked at the teams thay have played and dont see a strong team yet.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:What is more Important? A players health or stopping a game for a few minutes.

I dont remember hearing of such an injury on radio, when and where was it?
Congrats to North. Pulaski has much better skill people than SW. SW close again but no cigar.
Sw coaches need to work harder to put the kids in better position to win they have too much size, talent, resources to be 0-6, 3-14 since winning region in 2011
I was at the game, I didn't hear about the injured kid till after he was taken out. I'm not sure anyone in the stadium new except the trainers and the people around him. SWPC's fans were into the game just as much as everyone else, so I'm sure nobody meant any disrespect. What number was that kid?
Hg Bullfrogs, Pulaski has hype because, well, they have not only won every game this year...but dismantled each team they play every week. (AWWWWWW PC)
I was sitting in the stands for the whole game, and had no idea about this injury! You are right, game should have been stopped til the young man could have been at least gotten over to the track, but as a fan I had no idea anything was even going on.
As for the game itself, the best way I can describe it was weird. Certainly exciting, if not necessarily great football. In the first quarter SW looked like much the better team. Then all of a sudden in the second, everything just shifted and it looked like North was a ton better. If Nelson's long touchdown run in the third that would have made it 21-6 hadn't been wiped out by a penalty, I've got to believe North would have won comfortably. But give SW credit, they responded and probably would have won the game if not for the fumble inside the North 10 in the fourth quarter with the game tied. I'm not totally sold on North's chances either, I would take a split with PC and Madison Southern right now and be thrilled, but I am sold on what Larkey has done with the program, which is turn what was at best mediocre and often worse, and made it competitive and respectable.
Having said that, they do one thing that drives me nuts. I hope some of the other North people on here might give their thoghts. Why is it when we have one of the best kickers in the state do we not kick the ball deep on kickoffs? I know we've had a few problems with out kick coverage, but Kennedy puts at least 50% in the end zone, an automatic touchback in high school. That's a weapon very few high school teams possess. Last night, SW was always starting from the 35 or better because we squibbed every kick. I just can't figure it out. I know Campisano was dangerous, but still. When we play Madison Southern, if they have Harris on kick return, we'll probably just kick it out of bounds on purpose every time. Thoughts?
You probably would not, he was shown the side line by his team mates after he ask where he was. He made it off the field under his own power before collapsing on the side line.
good win north laurel hard fought game :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Congrats to the Jags!! First time in the schools history to start out a season 5 & 0!! The buzzards were out hoping North would get beat!! Hated to hear about the kid from SW. I seen some commotions on the sidelines but had no idea their was anyone hurt till this morning. I agree with what everyone says about SW. I'm sure they won't stay winless.
I wish the best for Stewart Russell. I hope he bounces back quickly.
good win
I wish i had know this game was on a thursday, i would have loved to went watch that game, SW must be better since we scrimmaged them.

Hope the kid who got hurt gets better, how did he get hurt.

good job north and coach chris larkey, you have them excited
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:What is North missing? Southwestern is a fine team regardless of the record they have. Serious question for both of you and I am not being smart or acting like I know everything but what has Pulaski shown this year that makes them have the hype they have had? I really want to know like I said not trying to start trouble just curuis. I looked at the teams thay have played and dont see a strong team yet.

Because when you look at PC, they are MUCH better than SW. Look at what each of them did against Somerset if you need proof.
It looks as if Stewart Russell got a grade three concussion from the game.
GetChili Wrote:It looks as if Stewart Russell got a grade three concussion from the game.

Grade 3, when did they grade those things

what is a grade 3 concussion mean
North Laurel survived this one. Southwestern played good enough to win. North will have to play much better to beat Pulaski Co or Madison Southern. My district ratings:
1. Pulaski Co
2. Madison Southern
3. North Laurel
4. Southwestern
5. South Laurel
6. Lincoln Co.
Pages: 1 2