Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bryan Station (1-2) @ Tates Creek (4-1) 9/28 *RIVALRY GAME*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Rivalry Game for both teams. Station Playing a very tough schedule so far comes in 1-2 but has lost to Highlands and LexCath, Tates Creek is 4-1 and only lost a 1 score game to Rival Henry Clay. Who moves on in this one. 1 of the Best games in the state this weekend.......
Both teams like to throw the ball. Should be a very entertaining game.
After seeing BS play Lex Cath and TC play PLD. I give the edge to Station. Station moved the ball well against a good Lex Cath and TC struggled to move it against PLD. Im sure both teams are better now, but I'll take Station.
I don't know... I think PLD is a much better team than they are getting credit for this year. They lost to a really good Madison Southern team in the final seconds by 1 point (1 or 2, it was less than a field goal). In my opinion, Creek should have blown out PLD, but they didn't (chalk that up to the coaching staff, not the players). Station can move the ball, and could create all kinds of head aches for Creeks defense. They will do a lot of little dink passes to get their speedy guys in open space. Creek will have to rely on good open field tackling to stop them. But this Creek defense has been really good this year. They will shut them down in the first half. Second have may be a different story. That said, I don't see Stations defense keeping up with Creeks passing game. The Creek team that played PLD (and only passes the ball 18 times) will not be the Creek team that shows up on Friday (which will probably put the ball in the air over 30 times). I see a fairly high scoring game here, with Creek putting up more points in the first half to take the win... I'm looking for a score in the range of 35 to 21, Creek wins. Unless the Creek coaches pull a bone head move like they did against Henry Clay and try to establish a run game. Then Creek gets a beat down... We'll see which team shows up!
Should be a close game, kind of looks like Lexington football could be on the upswing again. I think most of the Lexington games this year should be rather good football. But in this one I'll go with Station.
Dunbar is a whole heckuva lot better than getting credit for. Knocked Damian Harris out of the game completely against Southern and hit the game winning field goal only to have a penalty negate that and miss the rekick. Tates Creek's first game while still rotating QBs isnt close to who Creek is.

I also watched the Station / Lex Cath game and came away feeling Creek could beat both teams. I like the balance of Tates Creek. Very good defense that is 3rd in the state in Points allowed. Scores 35 points per game on offense. Has a very good QB with some very good skilled players to throw to, and playing behind a Senior LAden Experienced O LINE.

Bryan Station however, shares alot of these very same traits. Very Good QB, very nice skill players to throw to, but what seperates these 2 in my opinion is Defense. Station isnt as stingy from what I have seen. I could be wrong but I have Creek slightly favored at home for homecoming in this one.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Dunbar is a whole heckuva lot better than getting credit for. Knocked Damian Harris out of the game completely against Southern and hit the game winning field goal only to have a penalty negate that and miss the rekick. Tates Creek's first game while still rotating QBs isnt close to who Creek is.

I also watched the Station / Lex Cath game and came away feeling Creek could beat both teams. I like the balance of Tates Creek. Very good defense that is 3rd in the state in Points allowed. Scores 35 points per game on offense. Has a very good QB with some very good skilled players to throw to, and playing behind a Senior LAden Experienced O LINE.

Bryan Station however, shares alot of these very same traits. Very Good QB, very nice skill players to throw to, but what seperates these 2 in my opinion is Defense. Station isnt as stingy from what I have seen. I could be wrong but I have Creek slightly favored at home for homecoming in this one.

Respectfully sir, how could you have watch the Station and Lex Cath game when TC was playing Henry Clay on the same evening? Thought your a Creek homie. Surely you would have not left your game to come out and scout the Station/ Lex Cath game... :biglmao: Did you not attend the Creek game? Or your a coach and watch films of the Station and Lex Cath at a later day?
FBfan4life Wrote:Respectfully sir, how could you have watch the Station and Lex Cath game when TC was playing Henry Clay on the same evening? Thought your a Creek homie. Surely you would have not left your game to come out and scout the Station/ Lex Cath game... :biglmao: Did you not attend the Creek game? Or your a coach and watch films of the Station and Lex Cath at a later day?
I don't know about him, but I too, managed to watch the Creek game. Then separately watch the Station vs. Catholic game through the magic of video. Should be a good game tonight. Looking forward to some great football from these kids.
FBfan4life Wrote:Respectfully sir, how could you have watch the Station and Lex Cath game when TC was playing Henry Clay on the same evening? Thought your a Creek homie. Surely you would have not left your game to come out and scout the Station/ Lex Cath game... :biglmao: Did you not attend the Creek game? Or your a coach and watch films of the Station and Lex Cath at a later day?

I watched the game film of that game as Creek plays Station this week....:rockon:
Its a new era now where parents can watch game film on thier sons Hudl account. I believe both gentlemen watched both games.