Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky @ (8) Eastern Illinois
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RICHMOND, Ky. – This Saturday marks the beginning of Ohio Valley Conference play for the Eastern Kentucky University football team. The Colonels have a tough challenge ahead in facing No. 8 Eastern Illinois in Charleston, Ill. ESPN3 will broadcast the game beginning at 2:30 p.m.

Eastern Illinois and Eastern Kentucky were the two preseason OVC favorites selected by the league's coaches and sports information directors. The Panthers (3-1, 0-0 OVC) have lived up to the hype with a season-opening win at FBS foe San Diego State and nearly knocking off defending MAC champion Northern Illinois last week.

Meanwhile, the Colonels (2-2, 0-0 OVC) have been up-and-down in the first four weeks with convincing wins over Robert Morris and Morehead State, but sizable losses to Louisville and Coastal Carolina. On offense, redshirt freshman RB JJ Jude is expected to get the start after posting an OVC-best 195 yards rushing last week at Morehead. Fellow redshirt freshman WR Devin Borders has picked up his game with four touchdown catches in the last three contests.

The EKU defense has struggled to stop the pass this year and that will be a major test against Eastern Illinois. The Panthers rank first nationally (FCS) in total offense (618 yards per game) and passing offense (436 ypg). On the flip side, the Colonels rank last in the conference in passing defense (294 ypg). However, EKU did produce three interceptions last week at Morehead State.

Last year's meeting between the two teams proved to be a pivotal game in the race for the OVC title. Eastern Illinois held the Colonels to a season-low 81 yards rushing on the way to earning a 24-7 win. Eastern Kentucky was also just 3-of-18 (16.7 percent) on third down conversions in that loss.

Following this game, the Colonels return home to host Austin Peay as part of EKU Athletics Hall of Fame weekend. The APSU game will be played on Saturday, Oct. 5 beginning at 6 p.m.

http://www.ekusports.com
I forgot to add in the title this game is Saturday 8/28.

Who you got?
Eastern Illinois in a close one 31-27.
I've never picked against the Colonels in my life and I'm not starting now. Colonels by 6. GO COLONELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eastern Ill,by 17
EIU 7 EKU 0 at the end of 1 quarter.

The game can be seen live at the following link.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/...n-Illinois
EIU 35 EKU 0 at the half.
EIU 42 EKU 0 End of 3.