Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The state of Paducah Tilghman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could this be another remarkable change about to take place with the Tornado? I am starting to see signs that something may be about to change for them. If you look back to 2009, you will see some similar trends. First they lost 5 games in the regular season. That is about to occur for this years bunch on Friday. Second, it was a down year for Central. Does anyone believe this is not a down year for Central this year. Third, in 2009 they lost close games to Mayfield and Graves County, just like this year. I would not say this just based upon those three things. I however, did see some fight in them against Highlands and I think they will look at this game to propel them into the last four games of the regular season and the playoffs. I don't know for sure if this will happen, but it is shaping up that way.

What's your thoughts?
mysonis55 Wrote:Could this be another remarkable change about to take place with the Tornado? I am starting to see signs that something may be about to change for them. If you look back to 2009, you will see some similar trends. First they lost 5 games in the regular season. That is about to occur for this years bunch on Friday. Second, it was a down year for Central. Does anyone believe this is not a down year for Central this year. Third, in 2009 they lost close games to Mayfield and Graves County, just like this year. I would not say this just based upon those three things. I however, did see some fight in them against Highlands and I think they will look at this game to propel them into the last four games of the regular season and the playoffs. I don't know for sure if this will happen, but it is shaping up that way.

What's your thoughts?

The only problem is 2009 was a down year for Belfry as well.... Belfry is not down in 2013.

2009 was a remarkably weak year in 3A... the traditional powers were all rebuilding and there was a whopping grand total of 3 teams with 10+ wins.. Henry County who was a paper tiger... Mason County (who similar to the past few seasons have collected a large number of wins against a weak regular season schedule) and Somerset who went 14-0 and Tilghman beat in the Finals 21-0. Somerset was definitely the class of 3A along with PT and a down Central, but the next season when they returned practically everyone they again went undefeated before losing to a Belfry team who was in the midst of their bridge year. Central also began to regain form and made short work of Tilghman in the Semi-Finals.

In addition, this was prior to the influx of strong teams migrating from other classes such as Bell County, Wayne County, Corbin, and Ft. Campbell.

2013 is not a remarkably weak year in 3A.. in fact this is a very stout year. I see 7-8 teams who will more than likely finish with a 10+ win season. With all due respect to that Somerset team from 2009, Belfry has been a different animal than them the past few years and this year won't be any different... that is if Belfry survives a very good Bourbon County who returns 9 starters from a 13-1 team.

Tilghman might be able to make a run..that doesn't change things with a team full of athletes... but if they do it this year it will be against a much tougher path and a stiffer crop of teams including the team who is three plays away from 3 State Championships in AAA.
The secondary point I will make about Tilghman is that for all the similarities to 2009 you point out...Tilghman has also been the most schizophrenic team imaginable and as easily as they may be able to turn it around and make a push for a title..they may fizzle out and exit early without a whimper.

The 2008 Tilghman team had a similar dubious start going 1-4 as well....... they never rebounded even with close losses to good teams..they ended up missing the playoffs.

Tilghman has also had teams start off like gang busters, only to suddenly fold in games they shouldn't.

The question remains which PT team shows up the most this season? They have that schizophrenic nature again it seems looking great against Highlands and McCracken County but looking very mundane against Reitz and Graves. Against Mayfield their Dr, Jekyll act was very obvious..looking like they didnt belong on the same field in the 1st Half..then looking the better team in the 2nd Half.
Tilghman has always played a tough schedule. They did it way before Central. They look like they have the athletes to make a run, but they have to start being more consistent and play as a team, if they want to have a shot this year.
I think if they make a push and reach the finals, not necessarily win, they will be able to save a coaches job. If they do not, I do not see any way possible that PT can turn a blind eye again this year. I think I saw in the paper this past weekend that someone from Highlands seems to believe they will be the team to beat in 3a.
I don't see PT getting it together in time to beat Fort Campbell and they will get handled by South Warren. SW is a very disciplined football team with enough athletes to keep PT in check. Plus PT has no one to handle the Middleton kid.
South Warren should beat Tilghman. They have enough kids to play in 5A, at least 4A. They sure won't be in 3A at the next alignment.
PT has played a tough schedule and lost close games. They have the athletes and could make a serious run in November.
Defensive guru Larry Shanks - the architect of swarming Tilghman defenses in 09, 10, + 11, has officially rejoined the Tilghman program this week after retiring at the end of the 2011 season. Whether this revives Tornado fortunes is a question still on the table. But if it does not, not much room left in the 'ol excuse jar. We shall see.
Now I'm sure PT is going to represent the west at BG. The man is the difference. They need discipline and they just bought it.
Late in the year for coaching changes.