Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands (5-0) @ Cov Cath (3-1) 9/28 *rivalry Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game will be at Cov Cath 9/28 1 p.m.
Highlands returns from 2 weeks of road trips to play there biggest rival.

IMO
Highlands 42 - Cov Cath 14
Let's go with Cov Cath on this one, 17-14. I really don't know why or have no real reason. I just know that both programs are top notch.
I don't care how the game goes as long as:

1. The players follow the rules and don't "play dirty"
2. There are no season ending injuries
and
3. Highlands wins by at least 1 point.

Remember a 1 point win is as good as a 40 point win (unless you are a hater and want to talk smack)

Go Birds!!!
Covcath is too beat up and Highlands will be well rested. Houliston is a heckuva QB and their offense will throw too much at Covcaths shallow D for them to handle.

Birds depth will be the difference...I see them a TD better each quarter.

49-21
Highlands by 3 touchdowns because they are Highlands.
FBfan4life Wrote:Let's go with Cov Cath on this one, 17-14. I really don't know why or have no real reason. I just know that both programs are top notch.

Honestly that would be a miracle worthy of Papal notice. CovCath is a pretty decent team, but they're in the same shape that NewCath is at the moment with a lot of banged up starters. CovCath lost their #1 running back and QB a couple of weeks back, so they're scraping by with a makeshift offense. The defense is still pretty stout, but Highlands is pretty stout themselves.
Highlands 35-14
Highlands
Highlands continues the streak.
Birds 35-21.
I may go over and see this game!!
Highlands with the running clock.
Go big blue
Can you dig it? Wrote:Honestly that would be a miracle worthy of Papal notice. CovCath is a pretty decent team, but they're in the same shape that NewCath is at the moment with a lot of banged up starters. CovCath lost their #1 running back and QB a couple of weeks back, so they're scraping by with a makeshift offense. The defense is still pretty stout, but Highlands is pretty stout themselves.
Highlands 35-14

Like I mentioned I really dont have a reason. I was just throwing my prediction out cause we all know that everyone will pick FT Highlands and I just want to be different :ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Highlands with the running clock.

You can throw records, injuries, and everything else out the window in this game. Cov Cath will come to play and be pumped up playing on a Sat. on their home field. I do think Highlands wins comfortably, I do not see a running clock. I expect Highlands to step up their D this week also, and would predict a huge game for Harris. Cov Cath has a really good DB (can not remember his name) and would not be surprised to see and INT by Cov Cath if they throw his way. Love this game, but hate Sat. afternoon games, I feel it takes a lot of the excitement out of the game, just not the same as playing at night under the lights.
Highlands has not been giving opponents beat downs, like they usually do. They had tough games against Tilghman and John Hardin. I think this one will be closer than most people think. I think Highlands will win by 14.
Tilghman and John Hardin are good athletic teams. Close wins against them is not a sign of weakness.
E's Army Wrote:Tilghman and John Hardin are good athletic teams. Close wins against them is not a sign of weakness.

Tilghman was 1-3 when they played. They may have been atheletic, but they were still losing. You have to admit that Highlands is struggling more than everyone expected at the beginning of the season.
sstack Wrote:You can throw records, injuries, and everything else out the window in this game. Cov Cath will come to play and be pumped up playing on a Sat. on their home field. I do think Highlands wins comfortably, I do not see a running clock. I expect Highlands to step up their D this week also, and would predict a huge game for Harris. Cov Cath has a really good DB (can not remember his name) and would not be surprised to see and INT by Cov Cath if they throw his way. Love this game, but hate Sat. afternoon games, I feel it takes a lot of the excitement out of the game, just not the same as playing at night under the lights.

I agree, Saturday games are just not the same. Does Covington Catholic play all of their home games on Saturdays?
blue1424 Wrote:I agree, Saturday games are just not the same. Does Covington Catholic play all of their home games on Saturdays?

Yes, have no lights at their field
sstack Wrote:Yes, have no lights at their field
Because the people living in the houses directly around the school have apparently blocked the installation of lights as they do not want night games or the lights shining in their windows. Houses back up really close to Cov Cath's field.
BLUEBIRDS by 30
sstack Wrote:Yes, have no lights at their field

Not for long.Confusedhh:
Birds will dominate.49-14
I just hope CovCath is healthy by the start of the playoffs. They need to meet again in the regional championship. They are the two best teams in their class.
Birds by 20. Rivalry game.