Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adair Co. @ Russell Co. 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Indians come in with just one loss to face a Laker squad anxious to get back on the field after a week off. What do you expect from this game?
The Indians are getting better each year, but I still don't think they have the ability to hang with the Lakers coming off of the loss to PC.

Hope to see Smiddy a bit more at QB, and much more passing game. If the Lakers can't spread the field a bit, it's going to be hard to be the better teams. I'd love to see Ellis moving around the field on offense (slot, WR, backfield). He is such a threat, but when both he and Fletcher are in the backfield the defense can load the box.
Looking forward to Friday night! I feel the Lakers are hungry and anxious to punch someone in the mouth. I agree with Laker20, hope to see more of diverse offense. Split Ellis out and spread the field. Give Smiddy a chance to show his strengths and hit receivers down field. This will open the running game up even more. Fletcher and Ellis don't need a lot room to break big runs but spreading the field will pull the defenders out of the box. Also looking forward to this week because I am hoping to make the drive down from Louisville to see them in action. Go Lakers!
I agree ,Im ready for a quarterback change or something and some more formations forsure. I like Russell county by atleast 28 in this one.
Let there be no doubt, that Adair vs Russell is the top rivalry for both teams. There exits a true dislike for the opposing programs of each school. The rivalry and dislike is deep rooted existing and highlighted in the late 1970's with fights and vandalisms that lead to a ban with no sports being played between the schools for several years.
Presently issues ,including but not limited to, the vandalism of Russell county's field and weight building, girlfriends that live in opposing teams counties, transferring of students to opposing schools, proximity and mixing of working parents , among several other issues has this as the circled game on each teams calendar.
Adair, with their 13 or so seniors, feel that they have their best chance in years to relieve their frustrations and get a long awaited victory. Especially sweet would be to do it on Russell County's home field. Adair has let it be known quite openly their expectations to compete and possibly win over a Russell County team that has dominated them for several years.
Russell has heard the rumors, and these boys in no way want to lose or come even close to losing to this Adair team. Coaches on both sides intensely desire this win. The players know each other very well and want no part of being on the losing end. Should be a great game with extra hard physical play and high emotions. Good luck and safety to all the kids but I hope to see a good old fashioned slobber-knocker. WHO ELSE IS IN ON THAT?
How dare they make it known that they want to compete and possibly win!
Lakers by 14. Adair is not there yet.
Well it is game day! Finally!! I expect the Lakers to come out focused and intense. House explained the rivalry pretty well. There is absolutely zero chance of the Lakers looking past Adair. I hope to see a balanced attack from the Lakers tonight. I think the play calling has been pretty balanced but Ellis's desire (and ability) to scramble turns pass plays into runs.
Lakers 42-14