Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @Letcher Co Central 9-27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hate to hear Lange is reinjured. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
ballboy Wrote:Letcher was ahead of Hazard 20-6 at one point and Hazard beat them 26-20. Everyone said Somerset was a good team they lost to Hazard I guess with 3 starters out 32-28. I just tink Letcher wins this one. Hazard held Letcher scoreless the second half to to win 26-20 at Hazard the first game of the season so check your states before posting.

Somerset actually was beaten 32-28 at Hazard. With FOUR starters down in a 2a school they had a difficult night, (two of their best athletes didn't play that night) although the Jumpers led that game for almost the duration, Hazards' Jones made several big plays at the end of the ball game (including the go ahead score with 3 minutes and change to go that sealed the deal for the Bulldogs). After watching all three of these teams I'll come away with this: Hazard is much improved defensively since the Letcher game, and played just well enough to win on both sides of the football when they played Somerset a couple weeks ago. Somerset has become very efficient offensively averaging about 260 in the air and over 200 on the ground, they have also improved defensively as seen by stifling Glasgow's powerful running game (I think this is partly due to tackling getting much better, I know that there has been an emphasis on this). Letcher has good size up front, I like 21 as well as 5 in the backfield and Coach Holcomb is a great coach for a school like Letcher and will have success if given time.

I don't make predictions, both teams aren't bad. Somerset has had the tougher schedule and has very good athletes, I think by the end of the year when everyone's healthy this could be a dangerous 2a team in the playoffs.
Somerset
I'm going with the cougars at home in a close one.
Does this game start at 7:00 or 7:30 tonight?
Shondue Wrote:Does this game start at 7:00 or 7:30 tonight?

KHSAA Scoreboard has it a 7:30 start.
Ballboy, I hope you are kidding, the final score of the game was 26-21. look at khsaa and maxpreps. So if you are right and letcher lead by 20-6 they would have had to kick a magical extra point after halftime without scoring a touchdown. Seriously?:lmao::lmao::lmao:
The cougars were up by one point at half time. Bulldogs scored a td in 3rd quarter but missed extra point and we lost by five. Trust me we had our chance.
Letcher have plenty of opportunities to beat hazard but just couldn't capitalize. It's just braimless to get on here and manufacture stats and scores like ballboy did, I was wrong also I thought hazard was ahead at halftime. But at least I admit it and don't trudge forward pushing a blatant lie.
Pages: 1 2