Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co at Knox Central 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who win and Why?
I will go Knox by 6. Whitley has not showed the ability to stop the run. It will be close though.
I believe that you will see a different football team this Friday . Mills back and Woods second game as starting QB.
redstorm Wrote:I believe that you will see a different football team this Friday . Mills back and Woods second game as starting QB.

The question is will Mills play D this week? The biggest issues are defense at this point. They could really use Mills playing both ways!!
^
Mills will be back on D this week.
We could have really used him against Clay because Carr embarrassed us.

If we contain Gist, which I think we can if we go back to fundamentals this week, I think Whitley wins. I was expecting to see this backfield start the year, but Hooper was a load at fullback. I hate that the kid will miss the rest of his senior year with a broken ankle.

I think Whitley gets there first win of the year on the road at Knox. Either way, i think it will be a close one.
Gut you r a clown, everybody is about tired of seeing your comments, you have no clue about football, you r a looser, No way Whitley beats Knox, Knox will win by 3 TD's
CatBlue Wrote:Gut you r a clown, everybody is about tired of seeing your comments, you have no clue about football, you r a looser, No way Whitley beats Knox, Knox will win by 3 TD's

Well, since your a Bell fan i find that funny and it shows your knowledge about football.
Your same Bell team only beat a Whitley team by 7, where Bell trailed the majority of the game, and Whitley was without there entire backfield.
Bell goes and spanks Knox easily, and you think Knox is a 3TD favorite over Whitley?

Please, do tell!

Also, when do you speak for all members of this site?
CatBlue Wrote:Gut you r a clown, everybody is about tired of seeing your comments, you have no clue about football, you r a looser, No way Whitley beats Knox, Knox will win by 3 TD's

Your the clown. bell sucks.
Mills is not a linebacker. He will not help Whitley's D that much. Linebackers got to step up. Gist will carry Panthers to a 12 point win.
If Knox don't change their schemes some so that every team don't know its run, run, pass Whitley will have a good chance. Knox has to stop this run it up the gut every play. Everyone has seen the same play and it easy to stop when you know where it's going.

Then the defense has to step up! To many plays the linemen are getting blown off the line. Missed tackles gap assignments, and WAY to many penalties, just can't give up that much free yardage and expect to win.
E's Army Wrote:Mills is not a linebacker. He will not help Whitley's D that much. Linebackers got to step up. Gist will carry Panthers to a 12 point win.

Anyone with some defensive talent will help this team right now. Whitley is simply short on talent at this point, and every little bit helps when your trying to sqeak one out.
BDC Wrote:Anyone with some defensive talent will help this team right now. Whitley is simply short on talent at this point, and every little bit helps when your trying to sqeak one out.

Whitley right now needs to squeak one out too!!

Coach Black was trying to do the right thing this year, meaning playing more kids and not just using the same 12-15 kids all year. But this team doesn't have the talent some of his teams have had in the past, when he should have been doing this. So I agree that he needs to get every athlete that he has on the field, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If not it could be a winless year.
I think this game will go into double overtime an knox central will beat 0-5 whitley co. 44-38 Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:
"Not so fast my friend" in my best Lee Corso voice..

Don't say everybody..
^
My best friend Confusednicker:

Glad your not still sore over the hot dog Confusednicker:
Knox Central has serious problems.Way to many mental mistakes, Personal fouls ,holding penalties, missed tackles and missed blocks. Until you start holding people responsible for there mistakes things will never get better only worst . I don't know what happened to there strength and conditioning program but Bell looked stronger and faster at every position,Bell destroyed the knox line the whole game. And if anybody knows what kind of offense we are trying to run please tell our coaches because running Gist until it is 3rd and long is not working.Friday night was the most disappointed in a Knox Central team I've been in a long time and it had nothing to do with winning or losing we just did not show up and if you do not show up for a game that many had wanted for four years what is going to happen the rest of the year.
I was shock myself when bell beat Knox central I don't no if there a problem or not.But it seem to me that the QB Diamond should be the starter I would let barger go back to playing receiver and be a double threat.barger could be one of the top receiver in this area right now all he is doing handing the ball off. So :please: Knox fan don't get upset.I would love for y'all win Districts.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
My best friend Confusednicker:

Glad your not still sore over the hot dog Confusednicker:
Nah, it's all good Gut...

As for this game, who in the heck knows, last week i picked Knox to beat bell so i don't know who wins this one....Honestly, i'm shocked at both of these teams right now so who knows...
insideinfo Wrote:Knox Central has serious problems.Way to many mental mistakes, Personal fouls ,holding penalties, missed tackles and missed blocks. Until you start holding people responsible for there mistakes things will never get better only worst . I don't know what happened to there strength and conditioning program but Bell looked stronger and faster at every position,Bell destroyed the knox line the whole game. And if anybody knows what kind of offense we are trying to run please tell our coaches because running Gist until it is 3rd and long is not working.Friday night was the most disappointed in a Knox Central team I've been in a long time and it had nothing to do with winning or losing we just did not show up and if you do not show up for a game that many had wanted for four years what is going to happen the rest of the year.

The fact that Bell handled Knox pretty easily on the line surprises me.
Whitley IMO had the upper hand on Bell on the line and Whitley was definitely stronger in the backfield until the fullback went out, and even then, Whitleys backs looked to be doing better.

Whitleys biggest problem is defense. Its that simple. I said it all summer. There is just nobody ready to step up and take over that defense. Whitley has trouble lining up in there base defense sometimes, its almost embarrassing. It could be youth, it could be coaching, but i just think its flat out inexperience.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Nah, it's all good Gut...

As for this game, who in the heck knows, last week i picked Knox to beat bell so i don't know who wins this one....Honestly, i'm shocked at both of these teams right now so who knows...

Then pick Know this week!
We need a win!
The way Knox defense has been playing I wouldn't be surprised if this is a one score game. Either way. But who know that is why they play the game.
^
I think Knox will be surprised how quick Mills is.
To be honest, he hasnt been a 100% all year. This will only be his second game, and he should be really close to a 100% now, or as close as he will get.
Whitleys QB will remain at Fullback, and Woods will conitnue at QB.

The thing that hurts Whitley is that all three players will have to play defense as well. We just dont have any depth this year.
That's been some of knox's trouble this year. You have about 4 or so going both ways. Understand they have the depth but just not the experience on both sides of the ball. Really the only ones that don't go both ways is the line. But with this week having two o-linemen out with hurt even more. Some of the younger players are going to have to step up this week or it could be bad news for the panthers.

Not sure on G-man either. He got a stringer last week haven't heard how that's been this week either.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The fact that Bell handled Knox pretty easily on the line surprises me.
Whitley IMO had the upper hand on Bell on the line and Whitley was definitely stronger in the backfield until the fullback went out, and even then, Whitleys backs looked to be doing better.

Whitleys biggest problem is defense. Its that simple. I said it all summer. There is just nobody ready to step up and take over that defense. Whitley has trouble lining up in there base defense sometimes, its almost embarrassing. It could be youth, it could be coaching, but i just think its flat out inexperience.

Gut I thought you were at the Corbin game that night?Confusederiously:
My bad, wrong week.:eyeroll:
Whitley's line play is sold but their corners and linebackers don't step up and make plays. Mills will cause problems because of his quickness. He is very good but Ysidro needs to have a big game for the Colonels also. If you miss tackles against Gist and let him get his shoulders square rambling down field it will be a long night.
If Gist can get squared up and running down hill. He could put up some big numbers this week. He is at his best when he gets his shoulders squared. If he can get to the linebacker level running down hill it will be a long night for Whitley Co.
the problem is not Whitley's offense good game plan good athletes if the full back was still playing I would give whitley the edge (due to ball control) but even with mills playing the defense will give up to many points as they have all year.

Morristown-Hamblen West, TN 13 - 42 (L)
Madison Southern away 14- 56 (L)
Bell County home 14- 21 (L)
Rockcastle County home 9- 28 (L)
Clay County home 36 - 42 (L)

The best Defense in Whitley county is a ball controlling offense

The only game they didn't give up a lot of points was the Bell game and Bell scored easily but Whitley held the ball offensively probably 3/4 of the game. It could have been out of hand in Bell's favor it not for ball control

fix the defense and you fix Whitley Co with Mills back and the offense coming around

Knox Central out scores Whitley 34-28
Confusedmoke: Go Knox
One of the biggest keys for Knox will be STOP all the STUPID penalties. This problem has hurt them more than anything this year. I don't know the numbers but I would bet that they average at least 6 or 7 15 yard penalties a game along with 3 or 4 other ones.

This have been drive killers and have also kept the defense on the field when the other team should be punting.
Pages: 1 2