Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle (1-4) @ Simon Kenton (5-0) 9/27 *rivalry game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Raiders will drag there half-sunk ship to Independence next week to face what has been the most bitter NKY 6a rivalry over the past 7 years.

Simon Kenton has been everything they were expected to be and Kuntz is an extremely talented QB at there Helm.

Ryle lost to Shelby County in a game that could be blamed easily on weather or officiating. That doesn't matter though as all teams enter Districts at 0-0 in KY.

I think this game will be closer than most will expect as Warner's play action he debuted tonight was actually pretty decent. Plus Ryle will play harder just because of the rivalry.

21-7 (I will not utter the name of who I think will be the victor :flushSmile
Kenton County by at least 14.
Simon Kenton 28-7. Think Ryle will have trouble moving the ball. Praying for no rain!
Just hope it's a competitive game...
Just hoping for good officating
Should be a blowout! Not much of a rivalry when Ryle can't even score on SK! Big Grinl
Last 10 matchups for Ryle and Simon Kenton
05- Ryle wins 42-0
06- Ryle Wins 46-13
07- Simon wins regular season 10-18 and Ryle Wins Playoff game 44-27
08- Ryle wins 26-18
09- Simon Wins 29-49
10- Ryle wins regular season 38-35 and wins playoff game 35-14
11- Ryle wins 21-6
12 Simon wins 0-20
13--????

SO Ryle has won 7 of the last 10 matchups, not much of a Rivalry if you ask me, but Ryle is down so Simon might win this one and make it 4 wins for them in the last 11. So brag and have your fun now UK fan, but get a few more wins before you brag too much.
^ Its more of a rivalry off the field in events leading up to the game than it is on the field. I remember a lot of incidents in regards to Ryle's Ship & Field house the night before the game. Also a couple Ryle players getting in trouble for driving around the SK campus yelling obscenities after a win. Its more of a Football Rivalry.

The competitiveness of the fans has always been superior compared to most games (Besides Boone/Ryle). This is also one of the hardest hitting games of each season. :rockon:

Thank you Hardcore1 for posting the record!

I would also like to point out that Ryle is 2-0 vs SK in the playoffs.
Just got word Ryle will have lex Sowards back as well as there sophomore FB & RB tag team of Jarvis/Mcgregor which has been very impressive.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Just got word Ryle will have lex Sowards back as well as there sophomore FB & RB tag team of Jarvis/Mcgregor which has been very impressive.

Still not enough to beat SK!
Pioneers overlook the Raiders and get upset, as long as Warner sticks to the run and long sustained drives. If he attempts to get in a track meet.

Pioneers by 10!
I honestly wouldn't mind if Ryle went 2-8 as long as they pulled this upset. Go Raiders baby!!!!!
The Raiders are 12-5 vs SK since 1998.
The game is scheduled to be video broadcast by ihigh.com and can be found at the following link: http://www.ihigh.com/ryle/broadcast_3008...verlight=1
TNT-MB1 Wrote:The Raiders are 12-5 vs SK since 1998.

If SK was worried about it's past they wouldn't show up. I live for the here and now. Elliot and Simpson have moved on. I like my team THIS YEAR.
Spirit100 Wrote:Pioneers overlook the Raiders and get upset, as long as Warner sticks to the run and long sustained drives. If he attempts to get in a track meet.

Pioneers by 10!

In 5 games SK is giving up around 71 yards a game rushing. Might be a little harder than you think.
Simon Kenton continues to roll in this one.
I remember all the publicity Ryle's OL got last year for its size and quality. I'll be very interested to see what the final rushing statistics are as well as the final score in this one.SK OL playing in this game will avg about 270lb.
Last year Ryle was suppose to have the greatest OL ever SK took care of that! SK has the best run defense so bring it Ryle! Good luck! Big Grin
Word is Raiders have now lost Safety/Punter/TightEnd Brownell till atleast November with torn ligaments in arm. Not getting any easier for the Raiders.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Word is Raiders have now lost Safety/Punter/TightEnd Brownell till atleast November with torn ligaments in arm. Not getting any easier for the Raiders.

Sounds like the injury bug has hit Ryle pretty bad this year. Hate hearing this about anyone.
Game is at 7 p.m NOT 7:30

Just an fyi
Based on what Shelby Cty did to Ryle, SK should win big. Running Clock?