Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 48 Phelps 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
East Ridge goes to 4-1 on the season while Phelps falls to 0-4. East Ridge rolled to a 42-0 lead at half time, racking up 400 yards of total offense. Best of luck to both teams on the season.
Way to go Warriors!!!
Lots of kids got a lot of playing time. Hats off to Phelps for their effort last night. Phelps is facing a lot of challenges with the facilities issues and inexperience and low numbers. The kids didn't quit and kept playing hard and tried to get back into the game the whole night.
School Admin. Wrote:Lots of kids got a lot of playing time. Hats off to Phelps for their effort last night. Phelps is facing a lot of challenges with the facilities issues and inexperience and low numbers. The kids didn't quit and kept playing hard and tried to get back into the game the whole night.
The Phelps community is my neighbor and they have got a raw deal from the Pike Co. school system. What's it been....3 years since they have had a football field? The players that have stuck it out the last couple of seasons deserve better.
Kids deserve a field. That is a bare minimum. Sounds like they are the redheaded step child in the Pike County school system.
I know plans are being developed for a new football complex. I don't know any of the particulars, but I understand work is to begin soon.
Congrats to East Ridge. Sounds like they are heading in the right direction.
I could see ER going 7-3 with their schedule...

Sure loss to Fairview and probably to Grundy, VA..but I think they can and will win all their remaining games besides those.
There is no reason why they shouldn't beat Grundy, Va this year.
Grundy is horrible this year, losing to Twin Valley 42-12.
big orange T Wrote:The Phelps community is my neighbor and they have got a raw deal from the Pike Co. school system. What's it been....3 years since they have had a football field? The players that have stuck it out the last couple of seasons deserve better.

Phelps has always got neglected by Pike Co. The old feild was donated by the Mccoy brothers, there has been enough coal money come out of Phelps in past years to make them 3 super domes to play in. sad.:ChairHit: