Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 20 Western 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Central back on the winning track.
If you frame a six point margin over a winless team that has not even been close in its other games being back on track, then I guess they are.
Donald Styles returned a fumble 60 yards for a touchdown with about four minutes left to give Central a 20-14 victory at Western on Friday night.

Central improved to 3-2 and proved Western coach Torrey Shinholster prophetic. He said he told his team that "whoever took care of the ball best will win the game."

The Warriors (0-4) had tied it in the fourth quarter on Montez Bowen's 24-yard fumble return.

Central 0 8 6 6 - 20
Western 0 0 0 14 - 14

C - Derquione Mobley 8 pass from James Simpson (kick failed); C - Team Safety; C - Donovan Lovan 60 run (kick failed); W - Adrian Williams 4 run (run failed); W - Montez Bowen 24 fumble return (Williams run); C - Donald Styles 60 fumble return (kick failed).

Central Western
Totals 182 31
Rushes-yds. 18-134 30- -21
Comp-Att-Int 3-4-0 2-6-0
Passings 56 10
Fumbles-lost 6-3 1-1
Penalties-yds. 2-20 8-75
Punts-avg. - -

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-boxscores
Central just doesn't seem to have any offense this year.
Imagine Central scoring 8 points on D and winning by 6. They have made a living scoring on defense and special teams last couple of years.
This year is starting to look like Belfry and Wayne Co are front runners in 3a.
mysonis55 Wrote:This year is starting to look like Belfry and Wayne Co are front runners in 3a.

hopefully Belfry wins it, the last 3 yrs i made the trip over from jonesboro and they lost,so i told my self,nxt yr u stay home,lol
Seen Central play 7 on 7. There Defense was impressive. Heard they had a couple good offensive players out due to suspensions.
If Central gets their offense untracked they will be hard to beat come playoff time.
I tell you what, if style had anything to do with winning, Belfry would run away with it. I saw some posts on here last year of kids in their unis. Dang they were sharp.
mysonis55 Wrote:This year is starting to look like Belfry and Wayne Co are front runners in 3a.

I would agree with Belfry they are the leader right now. Wayne is IMO not a front runner for the state. I don't think they are getting out if our district. There is a lot of HYPE around Wayne we will know more about what's happening around here over the next two weeks. Wayne has Bell this week and Corbin next the only thing is they are both at home. That's the only advantage I can see at this point for Wayne it may set them up for home field advantage in the playoffs. We also have to remember that whoever comes out of this side of the bracket has to go to Central in the semis.
mysonis55 Wrote:I tell you what, if style had anything to do with winning, Belfry would run away with it. I saw some posts on here last year of kids in their unis. Dang they were sharp.

Props for respecting the "old school" look.

Central will be fine come November. They always are.
Well Williamsburg fans tell us that Wayne is for real. I have no way to tell other than teir results and what their opponents say. I know Central has been up for years but I think this year belongs to the kids in the sharp uniforms from the east.
I wouldn't count out Central just yet, but it does appear that they may be a little down this year.