Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 38 Prestonsburg 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hawks get a big win .
Awesome job Hawks.
congrats to PC
Hawks have the ability to score a bunch of points. They have an excellent quarterback.
Prestonsburg has lost by a combined 4 points in their last 3 games.

Team needs to start out better. They've gotten themselves into a hole in the last 3 games, but they keep finding a way to dig themselves out of it.

They have heart, just not the athleticism and talent were use to seeing at Prestonsburg.

Keep your heads up boys. Big game next Friday.
Prestonsburg just can't find the winning way.
Fun game!

PC almost shot theirselves in the foot several times with some silly turnovers, but somehow they managed to survive and escape with a W.

Mac Justice is one heck of a player and he's only a Junior.

P-Burg showed some good fight, it was back and forth...back and forth the whole game.

Props in order for helping produce a fun, exciting game for the fans.
Congratulations Pike Central on your win!!! I thought Prestonsburg would pull this out, but on the other hand, most of the teams I thought would win last night, did not do so!

So, the only thing I have left to say.......
here kitty kitty kitty

You know who you are!!

Wink
The center for PCC needs to do a better job of snapping the ball. he's too low to the ground. This alone caused two tuneovers.
johntom2000 Wrote:The center for PCC needs to do a better job of snapping the ball. he's too low to the ground. This alone caused two tuneovers.

:dudecomeon: they won the game :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead and this is from a Williamsburg fan
64SUR Wrote::dudecomeon: they won the game :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead and this is from a Williamsburg fan

I mean I am not being mean but, that alone gave the ball twice to p-burg. A little work that can fixed.
Was the a upset?
redstorm Wrote:Was the a upset?

Ya, If you look at the history of the series. You could call it a upset. P-burg had been down for the last couple of years. PCC is getting to be a soild team. We shell see If Chapman stays next year.
PCC trying to become relevant along with Pikeville and Belfry. Prestonsburg has slid back into the pack.
Prestonsburg has lost 3 games by a total of 4 points, better team than record indicates :insane:
^^
I agree!!
1/4bak Wrote:Prestonsburg has lost 3 games by a total of 4 points, better team than record indicates :insane:

Definitely.

Big game next week against Betsy Layne, probably the #1 seed in the district on the line in that one.
This is an interesting game with this outcome...curious on how they will fair with BL.
The Pburg coaching staff embarrassed the entire community and school. Coach Ray pulling players in front of the fans yelling to the top of his lungs, John climbing the fence screaming at the clock operator, James having to be restrained by coach Woods while going toward the officials. Next weeks game will be epic if BL wins.

Great heart and effort by the kids. Keep your head high guys as you could as easy be 5-0 as you are 1-4. Love watching you boys play. Congrats PCC, good luck Blackcats next Friday.
Be prep aired for the epic of all floyd county events as one of the county schools will finally have bragging rights on the grid iron. Unless BL don't show up they will win and by more than 1 score , they should b celebrating early.
blackcatballer Wrote:Be prep aired for the epic of all floyd county events as one of the county schools will finally have bragging rights on the grid iron. Unless BL don't show up they will win and by more than 1 score , they should b celebrating early.

If BL wins, it will certainly be the first time they have been able to brag when it comes to playing p-burg in football. How can BL expect to make a playoff run when they have one of the weakest schedules around? P-burg is plagued with injury right now but it should still be a great game. GO BLACKCATS!!!!
Congrats to the Hawks on the win. Mac Justice........WOW...... you have one hell of an arm kid. The kid is by far better than an average QB. Great game.

Blackcats need to get healthy before the next game. I know its the first District game, but IMO this game is for the District. Chatlin & Jackson being out really hurt us this last game.
football-junkie 01 Wrote:If BL wins, it will certainly be the first time they have been able to brag when it comes to playing p-burg in football. How can BL expect to make a playoff run when they have one of the weakest schedules around? P-burg is plagued with injury right now but it should still be a great game. GO BLACKCATS!!!!

Betsy Layne had bragging rights in 1986 when they beat Prestonsburg.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Congrats to the Hawks on the win. Mac Justice........WOW...... you have one hell of an arm kid. The kid is by far better than an average QB. Great game.

Blackcats need to get healthy before the next game. I know its the first District game, but IMO this game is for the District. Chatlin & Jackson being out really hurt us this last game.

I wouldn't say it's for the District just yet....... Shelby Valley might have something to say about that.
Admin, you are insane to think that Shelby Valley is any good. They got beat by East Ridge
UpYours Wrote:The Pburg coaching staff embarrassed the entire community and school. Coach Ray pulling players in front of the fans yelling to the top of his lungs, John climbing the fence screaming at the clock operator, James having to be restrained by coach Woods while going toward the officials. Next weeks game will be epic if BL wins.

Great heart and effort by the kids. Keep your head high guys as you could as easy be 5-0 as you are 1-4. Love watching you boys play. Congrats PCC, good luck Blackcats next Friday.

I wasn't present at this game, I was busy getting my guts beaten out at Johnson Central! Wink

But, I have heard a lot of controversial stories about the clock being manipulated on the play just before half time. Was this what caused all the frenzy??
On the clock issue Pike Central actually got screwed the refs ran the clock down from like 7 secs to like 3.7 secs so they the Hawks had less time. Then Mac Justice took the snap on the last play and dropped back about 5 to 7 yards was being pursued and rolled back around the ref to the left and ran back towards the line of scrimmage and launched a beautiful 55 yard pass into the endzone on the run for a dynamic TD grab with no time remaining on the clock into a crowd of defenders about 5 yards deep into the endzone to end the half. A thing of beauty.
sportsguru4u Wrote:On the clock issue Pike Central actually got screwed the refs ran the clock down from like 7 secs to like 3.7 secs so they the Hawks had less time. Then Mac Justice took the snap on the last play and dropped back about 5 to 7 yards was being pursued and rolled back around the ref to the left and ran back towards the line of scrimmage and launched a beautiful 55 yard pass into the endzone on the run for a dynamic TD grab with no time remaining on the clock into a crowd of defenders about 5 yards deep into the endzone to end the half. A thing of beauty.

we try that against wayne county before half and they ran it back to the 4yd line with 38 second and it took a 4th down an goal with 4 seconds for them to score making it 20-06 at half. A thing of panic anyway we get the ball in the second half first and take it down on wayne an score making it 20-13 we panic wayne forced us to panic:Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:
sportsguru4u Wrote:On the clock issue Pike Central actually got screwed the refs ran the clock down from like 7 secs to like 3.7 secs so they the Hawks had less time. Then Mac Justice took the snap on the last play and dropped back about 5 to 7 yards was being pursued and rolled back around the ref to the left and ran back towards the line of scrimmage and launched a beautiful 55 yard pass into the endzone on the run for a dynamic TD grab with no time remaining on the clock into a crowd of defenders about 5 yards deep into the endzone to end the half. A thing of beauty.

Not quite the way it happened. The clock was stopped at 14 seconds for about 6 seconds when it should have been running. That is why all the up roar from the coaching staff of Prestonsburg. The last play before half should have never gotten off if the clock had been ran properly. Of course it was an issue most of the night. In a 2 point game the clock keeper made the biggest play of the night.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Not quite the way it happened. The clock was stopped at 14 seconds for about 6 seconds when it should have been running. That is why all the up roar from the coaching staff of Prestonsburg. The last play before half should have never gotten off if the clock had been ran properly. Of course it was an issue most of the night. In a 2 point game the clock keeper made the biggest play of the night.

I disagree with this. It's like saying the refs took the game. Games are won and lost by the players and coaches executing the plays and making the right decisions throughout the game. Why do people always want to lay blame on others for their mistakes / misfortunes. :eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2