Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Pikeville 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions??? I got Mboro by 2+ tds...:ChairHit:
Middlesboro by 3 TD's
nice prediction... I think Mboro is way underrated and Pikeville is a tad bit overrated but I think @ Pikeville wont let it get past 2tds 3 at the most...
QB Edwards is out AP12 is out with injuries , Camar Stepheny quit.. Well be lucky to play within 3 tds of these guys.
Is edwards out next game? and Poindexter? I still think our running game will get it done...
Oh and we fumble the football way to much , and against a team with a running game like theres it will come back and bite us on the butt.
We dont fumble it way too much... A certain qb trying to scramble fumbles it way too much lol... but yeah that will def come back to bite us... Still got my jackets in this one though..
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:We dont fumble it way too much... A certain qb trying to scramble fumbles it way too much lol... but yeah that will def come back to bite us... Still got my jackets in this one though..
we've been lucky so far that we've be able to recover a lot of our own fumbles , Bet we had several against Bell but what's gonna happen
we don't recover em? Were gonna get blasted by a good team like Pikeville , Union and every team in our district.
Yeah I know of atleast 4 fumbles in the bell game... 3 was Edwards though... I think the other was Pittman but it went out of bounds... But your right... Can't argue with that... I think we would be fine though if Edwards will hang on to the ball not trying to be mean but true... Whoever is snapping the ball also leads to quite a few fumbles...
Pikeville will score on MIddlesboro and move the ball effectively....

...but Pikeville's defense is built for playing 1A teams, Middlesboro will put it on them offensively.

Middlesboro 46
Pikeville 26

Pikeville cant get deterred with this stretch of games. They may very well have the best 1A team in the East and a trip to Bowling Green is a definite possibility.
Pikeville is not overrated.... Middlesboro should actually get a challenge in this game...
What kind of injuries? Out for how long?
35-21 Jackets.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville will score on MIddlesboro and move the ball effectively....

...but Pikeville's defense is built for playing 1A teams, Middlesboro will put it on them offensively.

Middlesboro 46
Pikeville 26

Pikeville cant get deterred with this stretch of games. They may very well have the best 1A team in the East and a trip to Bowling Green is a definite possibility.

Absolutely spot on EKU, Pikeville don't have the defense to stop a good team from scoring at will. If you take a good team that can create some stops then the Panthers are done. These guys need to take a look at Panther Thunder's videos and you can see the one thing all these great Pikevillle teams had in common was they played good defense.
If Edwards doesnt play that will really hurt the Mboro offense for sure, I have no idea who the backup is. I know the old Pikeville teams were tough to deal with especially up there. I would have to say Pikeville is no better than Bell County if they are that good so I believe if the Boro brings a healthy squad and plays solid ball I can see the Jackets winning by a td or 2.

If the injuries are gonna knock these guys out then I can easily see Pikeville winning. But you never know with injuries in blowout games Edwards and the others may be ok enough to go but not in a blowout. We will see.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Absolutely spot on EKU, Pikeville don't have the defense to stop a good team from scoring at will. If you take a good team that can create some stops then the Panthers are done. These guys need to take a look at Panther Thunder's videos and you can see the one thing all these great Pikevillle teams had in common was they played good defense.
Were still pretty young on D. This group will get better.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Were still pretty young on D. This group will get better.

As I eluded to.. Pikeville doesn't need a defense who can stop dominant 3A and 2A offenses to reach their goals... with their offensive weapons they simply need a defense who can get enough stops to defeat the 1A teams on their side of the bracket.

That Russell game to close out the regular season will be a good litmus test for Pikeville. Russell is not a bad , but they also do not have a high powered offense. If Pikeville can hold them to 2 TD's it will bold well for their chances as they enter the playoffs where Raceland and Fairview await, neither one with a prize defense of their own.

There is no offense in 1A on the level of Belfry's..not even Mayfield (not saying Mayfield couldn't beat Belfry, just the Pirates are a better offensive team). Panthers just need to ride out these games then regain their confidence and focus on staying healthy and improving for the playoffs.
tazcat Wrote:If Edwards doesnt play that will really hurt the Mboro offense for sure, I have no idea who the backup is. I know the old Pikeville teams were tough to deal with especially up there. I would have to say Pikeville is no better than Bell County if they are that good so I believe if the Boro brings a healthy squad and plays solid ball I can see the Jackets winning by a td or 2.

If the injuries are gonna knock these guys out then I can easily see Pikeville winning. But you never know with injuries in blowout games Edwards and the others may be ok enough to go but not in a blowout. We will see.

I genuinely hope hope everyone is healthy for Mboro when they come to town. I mean that. On the other hand, i hope they're healthy so no excuses will be made IF Pikeville wins the game.
Mboro too physical. They will roll up the rushing yards.
[Image: 7lKexYC.jpg]

Major Edwards says he will play Friday.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:[Image: 7lKexYC.jpg]

Major Edwards says he will play Friday.

I meant pikeville in the pic btw. Lol I messed up and put pineville
Major Edwards, Austin Poindexter, and everyone else will be fine for Friday. AP could've played Friday but didn't want to risk reinjuring a hip pointer.

I think Middlesboro wins this game, but I don't think it'll be in blow out fashion. 2 TDs would be realistic but 3 is pushing it. As long as Middlesboro keeps running the ball and they avoid turn overs they will be alright.

I do think Pikeville is a better team than Bell County however
Middlesboro 32 pikeville 28 go Middlesboro :Thumbs: Confusedhh: :Thumbs:
Interesting match-up here. I too, think I'll take the Jackets.
Middlesboro - 42

Pikeville - 12
I think it will be a great game.
MHS 42
PHS 28

MHS will be healthy for the game. PHS will be ready to play. Should be a great game.
I think Pikeville by 14. To much offense for the Jackets.
Jackets win!!!
If Pikeville gets blown out in this one they will not have a chance of winning a state title as many were counting on.
mysonis55 Wrote:If Pikeville gets blown out in this one they will not have a chance of winning a state title as many were counting on.

No blowout here 55. Panthers win by 8. Confusedinglepar
Pages: 1 2