Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trent Richardson traded to Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colts trade their 2014 1st round pick to Cleveland for RB Trent Richardson..

As a Colts fan, I'm very happy!

Colts just got better
LOL...WTF Browns? Do they try to be the worst team in the NFL?
Why would the browns do something this stupid?? They just sunk theirselves again for the next few years. Colts are now going to be a lot better.
Typical Browns move. They flushed this year down the toilet just 2 games in. If I were a Browns fan, I'd almost sever my ties with them over this move. this move might've made a little bit of sense, IF you had a decent RB2 on the roster. I like Bobby Rainey, but he's not a solid NFL RB. Good luck in the 2014 NFL Draft, Browns. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Win-Win move by the Colts, they get a franchise RB.
Couple of issues here.

1) After the very first game, I already knew what the problem was with Chud. The same problem a lot of teams have. They run to say they ran. I truly believe you have to have a commitment to running the football in order to win. Being able and committed to running sets up the pass and the play action pass. I truly believe a team cannot win in the long run with commitment to running the ball. The difference in passing the ball and running the ball for three and outs is time of possession as well. At least when you run it, you're taking time off the clock... whereas if you pass it incomplete that's time left up there for your D to be on the field. I have a very Belfry mindset about this, and I understand the NFL is a QB's league... but when your QB is Brandon Weeden (!) you need to be a run first team!

2) a lot of the reporters are saying the Browns are worried about injuries with T Rich and that he doesn't have good field vision. I can agree with that, but as of right now he's selling your tickets. Keep him for no other reason but to not infuriate the team and fanbase. But if they don't love him (remember the current FO guys did not make that pick) no better time to sell than now. If they're right, and got a 1st rounder out of it then I believe it's a good trade.

3) This really shows a complete disregard for the 2013 season. Losing is a habit. If you tank and pick up a QB who doesn't pan out, then you set the franchise back probably 5-6 more years because you don't have a franchise guy in the backfield to build around (only a franchise left tackle who will be aged well by the time they decide to remove their heads from asses) ... then due to not having a running game teams play back on the pass and shred Weeden/Bridgewater or whoever, Chud takes the fall and by 2015 we have ANOTHER coaching change. The FO needs to get their shit together. If nothing else, those damn Steelers at least have the right mentality. TOUGH AS NAILS. Not hiring coaches who throw the ball with BRANDON WEEDEN FIFTY THREE TIMES. I'm 20 years old and I have enough sense to know that Weeden can't play throwing 53 times and two, he's gonna throw better if they have to worry about run first.

All I can say is, here's a picture of the state of the franchise...
[Image: Dumpster-Fire.jpg]

It's not about the ballplayer, it's about being serious about winning. Feed us all the crap you want about the future, but the fact is T-Rich was a pretty good piece NOW.
^^
Well said
They seen how Jacksonville was doing and decided they need to do something to get that first pick.
My best friend, a diehard Browns fan, who died unexpectedly of a heart attack in February, if he was still alive today....this news would have sent him to his grave. This provides upside to his passing then! Thank God he didn't witness this.

This Browns organization makes my Bengals look like the 49ers of the 80's. They cease to amaze! They might win 3 games this year...I'm being optimistic!!!
And they wonder why they keep losing!!!
So so stupid
I drafted T-Rich for fantasy football. It looks like that will be great pick after all.
Browns have already gave up on this year and it just started...
Browns being the Browns.
The Browns are planning for the 2030 season instead of trying to win ball games in the present.