Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne Co vs Southwester 9-20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how will this one turn out
Wayne 45. Southwestern 10
Wayne County by 20. SW has the big boys but not the skill people to match up with the Cardinals.
Wayne county 42 southwestern 12 :insane:
Going with Southwestern in this one. I think this is the week the week they will get their first win of the season. It won't be easy though, because Wayne County is a heck of a team.
Wayne in a game closer than many think...
SW is due one, they are the best 0-4 team in the state. They have lost to Corbin (game was scoreless to late in the third quarter), Knox Central ( in OT), Somerset (22-19 nail biter), and then Belfry (who SW tested for 4quarters and is also one of the best teams in the state). These boys deserve one they have North Laurel and then Madison Southern the next game, this week looks as good as any.

Southwestern 37

Wayne Co 36

Warriors get a much needed win!!!!!
I agree. Close game.
Wishing the Southwestern boys luck in this one. If they dont turn it over and keep that defense playing like it did against Belfry, think Southwestern pulls this one out.
Much closer game than most would expect. Wayne by 7
The Warriors pick up a win this week. Should be another good game.
Wayne County 34 Southwestern 21
I don't think Wayne will completely blow Southwestern out but I don't think Southwestern will be a threat to win after the half. Wayne is better than Corbin, Knox and Somerset and won't be dealing with a long road trip like Belfry. Wayne County 34, Southwestern 14.
Wayne wins big :blabbermo :blabbermo :blabbermo
The Warriors have gotten better each week against top notch teams. Wayne is another great opponent but Warriors get their first win 28-14
This game will tell u if Wayne is a contender or pretender!
Go Big Red! Wrote:This game will tell u if Wayne is a contender or pretender!

I agree, I just hope Southwestern isn't packing it in after starting out 0-4. They played a heck of a game against Belfry. Interested to see if they can come out with the same intensity.

I just hope they didn't put it all on the line against Belfry with a do or die attitude and decide there season is over now. I think Belfry made them look a little better than what they may be though. Sounded like Belfry was sleep walking or trying to wake up after the long ride.

Wayne Co 28
Southwestern 24

Hang in there Warriors!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I agree, I just hope Southwestern isn't packing it in after starting out 0-4. They played a heck of a game against Belfry. Interested to see if they can come out with the same intensity.

I just hope they didn't put it all on the line against Belfry with a do or die attitude and decide there season is over now. I think Belfry made them look a little better than what they may be though. Sounded like Belfry was sleep walking or trying to wake up after the long ride.

Wayne Co 28
Southwestern 24

Hang in there Warriors!

Belfry actually started out strong. I think it was more a case of them loosing their legs and their focus a bit as the game wore on.
Wayne goes big. I think the long bus ride got to Belfry a little bit, or maybe Belfry was overlooking them who knows, but Wayne doesn't have near the bus ride, and they are a very solid team this year. I know alot of people thinks it will be close but in my opinion it stays a little close in the first half, but Wayne blows the doors open in the second half pulling away and winning big..

42-14
I'm like most people on here believe it will be close game, Wayne by less than a touchdown.
This game will be a war. I doubt Wayne has played a team with a defense like SW. I'm just not sure if SW can score the needed points. I think SW is the best 0-4 team in the state. Four tough losses could be working on their mindset though. I predict Wayne in a very close one. Wayne 28 SW 27.
Wayne has to many play makers. They have a very good quarterback, a huge fullback, speed in the backfield and a bunch of kids who can catch the ball and make plays. They are a match up nightmare. SW is solid on D but Wayne will put points up.
Wayne by a fairly comfortable clip.

Southwestern has some very nice pieces on their team and some big kids up front, they are not a 'bad" team... you swap their schedule with North Laurel and the Warriors are the 4-0 team in their district right now. The fact of the matter is Belfry put up a ton of yards despite limited possessions and the Southwestern defense has some issues. Meanwhile this is a very balanced Wane County offense with a ton of experience and the line play to match-up.

Wayne County 42
Southwestern 21

Wayne scores a late TD to open it up a little more on the scoreboard in a competitive game.
Wayne will show all of SW weakness. Wayne Big!!!
Cardinals roll in this one.
Wayne Co. by 10