Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Dawson Bryant, OH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3-1 Raceland travels across the river to 0-3 Dawson Bryant(Colegrove) High School. DB is very big upfront. Ohio ball is a different brand than KY. Raceland has the speed and quickness to compensate the size. This sill be a good test for the oline and dline from Raceland. It is the speed of Risner, Boggs, Manis, and the rest of the line that makes the difference. Risner is starting to turn heads. At his size, the kid has tremendous speed and footwork. I predict:

Raceland 39
Dawson-Bryant 18
Raceland by 12.
This game will be a good test for Raceland. Coal Grove may be 0-3 but those losses have been against tough Ohio competition including a game in which they hung in there with a Wheelersburg team that thrashed Ironton. In order to win this week, Coal Grove's record needs to be ignored. I haven't seen Coal Grove play so I really don't know much about them. I think this game will show a lot about the mentality of this team. If they overlook Coal Grove it could be a long ride across the river. If they play tough hard nosed football like I have seen them play the past few weeks they win a good hard fought game. My prediction is Raceland 40 Coal Grove 20
The Rams will struggle this week. Ashland was the last real physical team they have played. The tomcats forced a lot of mental mistakes. Will see how far they have come mentally. Team has the physical ability to play with 75% of the teams in the state. IMO we lack the mental toughness it takes to win the tough big games. Time after time I have seen them in perfect position. Or have the perfect play called. And somehow we fail to execute! The Rams have to prepare as if their lives depend on it. On each play. Of each quarter. Of each game. Every game we have played this season we have given up scores all because of dumb mistakes. Letting a int go through our hands. Dropped passes at the wrong time. Going for a int and miss judging it. On and on. The RAMS stop the mental mistakes. They could go along ways!
This coaching staff seems to always have the right played called. But we fail to execute. Or finish! As I heard one of the coaches say one game. And you hear it in college and pro ball. You GOT TO MAKE THE PLAY!!
I think they will! Rams by 4!!
I've seen a few games in Ironton ans Coal Grove. You better be prepared in every phase!!!!!