Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Bell postponed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Middlesboro vs Bell game has been postponed due to a power failure. The Game will restart at 5:00 Saturday. Bell led 7-6 in the 2nd, game will resume were stopped.:flush:
that's BS...should've made em load up and play at Mboro or make Bell forfeit
Must still be paying Dudley money, since they cant pay the light bill.
I was there, made me so freakin mad.
Middlesboro was playing amazing. 11 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and only losing 7-6. Would've been tied if we would've made an PAT.
I'll be in Lexington tomorrow, so if I make it back to the game, it'll be late in the game. Shew, it makes me mad.
PioneerBlue Wrote:that's BS...should've made em load up and play at Mboro or make Bell forfeit

mboro dont even have a press box right they tore it down this week
If the ball game was at Middlesboro this year they would be playing now. If i am not mistaken the game was at Bell last year.Confusedilly: I don't know how that deal came about.
It was totally Randy Frazier's decision to postpone it, there was plenty enough light to keep playing, just my opinion
There wasn't enough lite to see punts and kick offs.
Your probably right, I blame the school for not getting the problem fixed earlier in the day by professionals, the line got cut at about 3:30, should have been fixed right.
It isn't that we can pay the bill it was due to construction work and the people that was doing it cut into the power lines. It is ok U will get ur chance tomorrow and the game would have went on if RANDY wasn't crying over it. The BOBCATS wanted to play on with or with out the lights lol!
The City County Bowl was at Bell last yr. If they would have had one this yr it would have been at Middlesboro, but They couldn't find anyone to play BELL so they didn't have one and they (BOTH TEAMS) agreed to play during the regular season. So NEXT YR IT WILL BE AT MIDDLESBORO.
I bet they did wanna play on... The lights was working on their sideline.. I was on the mboro side you couldn't see nothing... Their is a such thing as coaches in the booth ya know... lol... we will tom though... I think bell was a little shell shocked with pittman running down their throat and Poindexter...
LOL, see you tomorrow
PRAYER REQUEST FOR STEVE ELY assistant principle at Bell. He was taken away from the game in the ambulance. Prayers going up for him and his family.
The refs were the one that stopped the game. Coaches had no say. It was to dark to play a football game. If anything Middlesboro had the momentum. They would have wished to continue. There is only one reason the game was called...NO LIGHTS

Bell knew oif the problem at 1:30, should have moved game. Should have never started.

On the most important matter. Steve Ealy and his family ,all of our prayers tonight should be for him and his family. May God touch him and heal him. Great family.
CatBlue Wrote:It was totally Randy Frazier's decision to postpone it, there was plenty enough light to keep playing, just my opinion
The game should have never been started in the 1st place. Bell just wanted the gate receipts. Fans get into the game free tomorrow night but you can bet on a smaller crowd. Middlesboro Administration and Coaches did not want to start the game but the referees said that it was Bell's AD's decision to start the game. Once started, then they (the referees) could call the game at any time, which they did when it become impossible to see the last punt kicked by Middlesboro.
I was there and cannot go tommorrow which is a shame. I have to say I have seen Bell in either the Middlesboro or some other game more or less every season since 1986 and this is the worst Bell team I have seen. I really believe Middlesboro would have won tonite by 2 tds if this game goes on. Bell has no breakaway backs, qb didnt look that great and receivers (well who knows they never pass). Defenses on both sides about the same, but offensively I think Middlesboro was better at all postitions easily. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. Doesnt suprise me as corrupt as Bell County is they probably did all this on purpose. Now they have a true scouting report. Cry all you want Bobcat fans Middlesboro would have won tonite, tomorrow who knows
whatever tazcat u have lost your mind did that on purpose haha people starving to death in the world trying to be comedians and you are trying to be funny:lmao: they had nothing to do with a construction company Middlesboro is improved a lot from last year but heck they returned everybody well anyway it will be settled tomorrow on the field :Thumbs:
teampaul Wrote:The game should have never been started in the 1st place. Bell just wanted the gate receipts. Fans get into the game free tomorrow night but you can bet on a smaller crowd. Middlesboro Administration and Coaches did not want to start the game but the referees said that it was Bell's AD's decision to start the game. Once started, then they (the referees) could call the game at any time, which they did when it become impossible to see the last punt kicked by Middlesboro.

Chase didn't have any trouble catching that punt you couldn't see. We played in the fog at Casey County last year, visibility was terrible. The only people I heard complaining was Middlesboro fans.
Are you people for real. One whole side of lights did not work. it is a safety issue. FIX THEM. Keep your mouth closed about we would have played in the dark. Your right Middlesboro was complaining, we expect to play on a lighted field after dark.
Word on the street in Barbourville this morning is Bell may have played an inelgible player.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Word on the street in Barbourville this morning is Bell may have played an inelgible player.

Since bell has NO transfers I see that as impossible!!! You people are ignorant!!:flame:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Word on the street in Barbourville this morning is Bell may have played an inelgible player.

Are you serious? There is no way that either team played one.
Why did they even play the game if one side of the field lights would't working don't make sense. Someone had to no :please:

"Word on the street across southeast Ky is Knox got there --- kicked by Harlan Co. Last night!!:hilarious:
The lights were working when I got there around 7. Apparently the splice where the wires were repaired burned through. I won't be able to make it back to the game today either, but it is what it is. Amazed that people get this worked up over a lighting issue. SMH

You're thinking of 1991. lol
Can't we all just get along. My question is which coach can get his team motivated again , and mentally ready. Both teams prepared for 6 days to get emotionally and mentally ready to play. I don't have a clue who would have won the game last night, but whoever wins today is the coach that can get his team prepared mentally and emotionally again.The only advantage I can see is Middlesboro's players now know that they can play with Bell, which in times past they truly didn't believe that they could. One thing is bell County usually is physically bigger and stronger than Middlesboro on the line of scrimmage, in my opinion that's the biggest advantage they have had over Middlesboro . Middlesboro is bigger than bell on the line with the exception of that monster right tackle Bell has.:closeenough::lolrage::blabbermo
Yes we did get our backside kicked. We will be there today to watch. but if Bell played the Cox kid, according to the main man he has not had 5 days of full contact against others. Just because he was in pads doesn't matter. Has to have unlimited contact for 5 days. If he was released Monday, it doesn't add up. We shall see.

Thanks Mills, we will see you next week, for real.
Just line up today and see who is the better team !!
Someone will have an excuse at 7:30. I can hear it already; "if we had played last night, we would have won."
Pages: 1 2