Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cupcakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering who people think has a cupcake schedule. Who has the easiest in all the diffent levels. Lets here what people think and maybe even mention the team that has the tuff ones.
Belfry has a cupcake schedule.

South Floyd has one of the toughest schedules in the state.
I won't go as far as to say anyone has a "cupcake"schedule, but there are teams who I feel are hurting their chances to elevate their program and impair their chances at State Titles by not playing a tougher slate. None of these teams would I say truly play a "weak" schedule, but for the team they return their schedule doesn't challenge them like it should:

The ones who come to mind in this category:

Caldwell County- The 2A Pre-Season favorite with a potential Blue Chip College Prospect only play one team that should really be the favorite against them, Mayfield. Although Mayfield is very good.. it is still a case of their best game being a smaller school. As for Sindelair.. he is a special player and will deserve a ton of accolades. The problem is KY HS Football is frowned upon for competition on the recruiting scene, especially small school football. Maybe I am a homer, but I want to see KY kids get invites to Army AA games and be these super highly rated prospects.. with this schedule it does Sindelair no favors in getting that extra exposure.

Bourbon County- Bourbon may go 14 weeks before winning a game by less than 4 TD's. Their schedule may actually be weaker than last year's despite returning 9 starters on both sides of the ball and being outclassed against the first real team they faced last season. With a State Title their goal, it will be tough to make up ground on Belfry who plays 5-6 teams better than Bourbon's toughest foe.

Franklin County- Fliers have won a ton of games the past 5 years.. but when the best looking game on your schedule is 1A Beechwood you aren't really growing your program.

Scott County- For any school Class A-AAAAA the Cardinals schedule is stout.. inf act it is a good schedule for a 6A team. The problem is Scott County is trying to catch Trinity and X and this schedule simply doesnt come close..in fact it is substantially weaker than last year when they at least took on Highlands

Mason County- Royals should go 12-0 or 11-1 until they meet Bourbon. A veteran team returns, but when your toughest opponent is Scott (who has been a NKY doormat for decades) then you are handicapping yourself.

Morgan County- Your District Rival is down...you return basically everyone from one of the bets teams in school history... you had a disappointing 1st Round exit in a close game...annnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddd Pike Central may be your toughest non-district game.
Johnson Cent has an easy sched thus far. Their coach must be a good liar to get some of those teams to play him.

Trinity has hardest sched I bet
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I won't go as far as to say anyone has a "cupcake"schedule, but there are teams who I feel are hurting their chances to elevate their program and impair their chances at State Titles by not playing a tougher slate. None of these teams would I say truly play a "weak" schedule, but for the team they return their schedule doesn't challenge them like it should:

The ones who come to mind in this category:

Caldwell County- The 2A Pre-Season favorite with a potential Blue Chip College Prospect only play one team that should really be the favorite against them, Mayfield. Although Mayfield is very good.. it is still a case of their best game being a smaller school. As for Sindelair.. he is a special player and will deserve a ton of accolades. The problem is KY HS Football is frowned upon for competition on the recruiting scene, especially small school football. Maybe I am a homer, but I want to see KY kids get invites to Army AA games and be these super highly rated prospects.. with this schedule it does Sindelair no favors in getting that extra exposure.

Bourbon County- Bourbon may go 14 weeks before winning a game by less than 4 TD's. Their schedule may actually be weaker than last year's despite returning 9 starters on both sides of the ball and being outclassed against the first real team they faced last season. With a State Title their goal, it will be tough to make up ground on Belfry who plays 5-6 teams better than Bourbon's toughest foe.

Franklin County- Fliers have won a ton of games the past 5 years.. but when the best looking game on your schedule is 1A Beechwood you aren't really growing your program.

Scott County- For any school Class A-AAAAA the Cardinals schedule is stout.. inf act it is a good schedule for a 6A team. The problem is Scott County is trying to catch Trinity and X and this schedule simply doesnt come close..in fact it is substantially weaker than last year when they at least took on Highlands

Mason County- Royals should go 12-0 or 11-1 until they meet Bourbon. A veteran team returns, but when your toughest opponent is Scott (who has been a NKY doormat for decades) then you are handicapping yourself.

Morgan County- Your District Rival is down...you return basically everyone from one of the bets teams in school history... you had a disappointing 1st Round exit in a close game...annnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddd Pike Central may be your toughest non-district game.

Russell County can probably fall into that category as well. For as much success they have had the past couple of years (at least during the regular season) they have a very poor schedule.
It only matters in District, so the season long schedule is pointless. Thus, Highlands has the biggest cupcake schedule. Their only Dristrct game that is ever competitive is Cov Cath. With Cov Cath now missing their QB and other starters for at least the next six weeks, Cov Cath is a shell of a team. The Birds will have a running clock in Q1 against Cov Cath this year. In their other District games, Harrison Co and Pendleton Co, the running clock will start during pregame warmups! The Birds District has two teams teams that could not compete in 1A and a third team that should be competing in 1A.
I like my cupcakes with sprinkles on top.
Full deck Wrote:Johnson Cent has an easy sched thus far. Their coach must be a good liar to get some of those teams to play him.

Trinity has hardest sched I bet

2 games in to the season.... wow!

I'm just glad we have played 2 games thus far. A "cupcake" is better than an Open date any day of the week.
Stardust Wrote:It only matters in District, so the season long schedule is pointless. Thus, Highlands has the biggest cupcake schedule. Their only Dristrct game that is ever competitive is Cov Cath. With Cov Cath now missing their QB and other starters for at least the next six weeks, Cov Cath is a shell of a team. The Birds will have a running clock in Q1 against Cov Cath this year. In their other District games, Harrison Co and Pendleton Co, the running clock will start during pregame warmups! The Birds District has two teams teams that could not compete in 1A and a third team that should be competing in 1A.

As a Highlands fan, I cannot disagree with you with regard to the district schedule. Of note, however, Highlands does not play Pendelton County. They dropped out of the district. The other district opponent is Holmes who would be stronger than Harrison County, at least. I wish the district was more competitive to make for more interesting games.
Why didn't they go down and play Bowling Green in the Rafferty's Bowl instead of playing John Hardin and Tilgham?
i think Letcher Central has a pretty weak schedule other than district play this year, they started out playing two 1a's and a 2a:eyeroll:
I know you asked that question in at least one other thread hop24 and it was answered there. Trolling a bit?

They had a team willing to play them at home that weekend, University Christian Florida, while they did not have teams willing to play them this weekend or next other than John Hardin and Tilghman and then only away. The games are not directly substitutable.

Would have been nice if the current number two ranked team in Northern Kentucky (Simon Kenton) would have been willing to play them, either at home or away. Much shorter bus ride.
No trolling. That UC team wasn't very good. There rating in Florida shows it. Never can find a good week for T or X either. I would love for SK to play the Birds every year. Would be a good measuring strip. LIKE I SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD, I DON'T MAKE THE SCHEDULES.
I do not make the schedules either. Maybe next year we will see Highlands play both Simon Kenton and BG if we are lucky.
Check out Ballard Memorial's schedule. They have taken over where Murray left off.
Frozenbird Wrote:I do not make the schedules either. Maybe next year we will see Highlands play both Simon Kenton and BG if we are lucky.

As fans we can only hope so.:Thumbs:
Betsy Layne easily has the easiest schedule that I've seen. The only decent team they play is Prestonsburg. They play Shelby Valley too but they're not that good. And they only play those games because there district games and they have to play those teams. The other 8 teams they play are Phelps, Sheldon Clark, Allen Central, Knott County, South Floyd, Leslie County, Magoffin County, and Jenkins. That has to be the easiest schedule in the entire state. With that schedule Coach Parsons should become the leader in all time win percentage playing those "cupcakes" every week. They could possibly go 10-0 this year. I think they need to schedule some good teams that would give them a competitive game like Pikeville, Hazard, or Pike Central. Some other options for teams they could play are Breathitt County and Letcher Central.
I don't think Betsy Layne is near that caliber yet. I think Prestonsburg will beat them, and Valley has a chance. As far as the other teams, well Phelps, AC, SF, Leslie, KCC, Mc, and Jenkins are pretty much easy wins, but lets face it, not many people would imagine Sheldon Clark would fall off the face of the Earth.
I love how anyone can say Betsy Layne has a cupcake schedule. I can give you feedback on their schedule.

They scrimmaged Breathitt County. They suspected Sheldon Clark would have been better, they will play a magoffin county team that could be their best team ever. As far as South Floyd and Allen Central that is county rivals. Paintsville dropped them, they requested to play a tougher opponent in the pike county bowl and was denied.

Betsy Layne has like 5 winning seasons in their schools history, they are trying to get better and bring the comm its closer.
But what I'm saying is bl is now used to winning now. They're a good football team. They've come a long way in the last 5 years. They're better than Allen central south Floyd Jenkins and Phelps unlike 5 years ago. I think they need to play some better teams to prepare for playoffs now. Just my opinion though
Johnson central tried to play some of the better teams but they want u to come and play at there field and don't want to give u a return game . No two year deal