Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Conner @ Ryle 9/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Conner (2-1) goes to Ryle (1-2) on 9/13

I think this will be a very good game and will show how Ryle will play in districts this season. Ryle's win was a close rivalry win vs. Cooper. Their first loss was to Scott County who is arguably the best team in 6a. The second loss was to Cincy Sycamore which is the 4th best team in Cincinnati. This will be a much better test for the Raiders/

My prediction:
Ryle 28 - Conner 21

This game will solely come down to Ryle's offense and whether or not they can move the ball this week against easier competition than the previous 2 weeks.
Are there any injuries for the Conner Squad?
Ryle 21 Conner 14

This should be a good game.
Conner 42-14. Just don't think Ryle's offense can keep up with Conner. Interested to see if the golden boy gets another personal foul this week for running his mouth. He sure doesn't like it when things don't go his way.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Are there any injuries for the Conner Squad?

There was someone down for Conner. Don't know who or if he returned to the game.
hop24 Wrote:Conner 42-14. Just don't think Ryle's offense can keep up with Conner. Interested to see if the golden boy gets another personal foul this week for running his mouth. He sure doesn't like it when things don't go his way.

Who is the golden boy? Barker? He has had two since he became the starter his Soph year. Soph year for chest bumping after TD in playoffs vs Franklin County. One last year after he trucked the defender and the defender got a little aggressive while lying on his back, Drew just reminded him who hit who.

The real question is will Ryle ever live up to their hype year after year?
We saw what Simon Kenton did to Conner. This game will tell us whether Ryle is a contender for 6A in NKY and a threat to win the District.
mason Wrote:Who is the golden boy? Barker? He has had two since he became the starter his Soph year. Soph year for chest bumping after TD in playoffs vs Franklin County. One last year after he trucked the defender and the defender got a little aggressive while lying on his back, Drew just reminded him who hit who.

The real question is will Ryle ever live up to their hype year after year?

Yes, that's who I was reffering to. Should have had another after he scored a rushing TD on Friday for kicking at would be tacklers in the end zone. The SEC's gonna love him!:hilarious: As for Ryle, I would go a different direction with a new coach and a realistic schedule. Seems like the fanbase is somewhat unrealistic in there expectations.They expected no drop off after Elliot and that good QB graduated. I'm all for playing great competition but when you don't have the horses to back it up, trouble will find you. They have a lot going for them. Nice area, good feeder progreams, nice facilities.
Stardust Wrote:We saw what Simon Kenton did to Conner. This game will tell us whether Ryle is a contender for 6A in NKY and a threat to win the District.

So true. Just don't think Ryle's offense can keep up....
hop24 Wrote:Yes, that's who I was reffering to. Should have had another after he scored a rushing TD on Friday for kicking at would be tacklers in the end zone. The SEC's gonna love him!:hilarious: As for Ryle, I would go a different direction with a new coach and a realistic schedule. Seems like the fanbase is somewhat unrealistic in there expectations.They expected no drop off after Elliot and that good QB graduated. I'm all for playing great competition but when you don't have the horses to back it up, trouble will find you. They have a lot going for them. Nice area, good feeder progreams, nice facilities.

You mean on the play were #45 would not let go of his ankle in the end zone and he pulled it loose? Oh well, people will see what they want to see. No worries...

Ryle has one 7th 7 8th grade team feeding a 6A school, I do not think that is a good thing. That means you have two kids at most practicing qb and the other positions.Just look at SK and how many teams are feeding their school. they have about 6-8 kids practicing and playing qb in 7th and 8th grade. So, when they hit high school they have choices to pick from not stuck with one maybe two with experience. I do not know of any 6A school with one team feeding their program, well outside of Ryle.
Does the Boone Co. Pee Wee system still exist? Heard it wasn't in good shape a couple years back. You are spot on about having more choices. The way I see it the more kids you can get in game situations at an early age the better off they are. Before the middle school programs were established here in Kenton Co. South Kenton of the NKYFL would have 45 kids on a team but would only play 11 kids both ways and on special teams. There is a young man who starts at WR for SK this year that never saw the field for 3-4 years for South Kenton. He gets in middle school, joins the school team and becomes there go to guy. The QB at SK didn't start playing QB till he was an 8th grader. Always played RB/WR/CB in youth league. Kids getting a chance I think means everything.
Yes, the BCPWFL is still there. There are three 7th and 8th grade teams feeding Conner and three feeding Boone. this year they added a team from Campbell county. Next year Cooper will bring their one and only 7th and 8th grade team back into the pee wee league. Ryle will probably do the same. If they both come in Conner and Boone will go to two 7th and 8th grade teams feeding their programs.

Plus, their field is turf so they have a great complex and set up in Florence.

Dont forget the middle school teams started back in either the late 80's or early 90's, they have been around for along time. Marksberry gets a lot of credit with getting the ball rolling in Independence. In addition to all the subdivisions being built out there.

If you remember Conner qb Nick West he never played football until his 8th grade year. Sometime you never know how kids will grow and develop, so it is important to keep them all interested!!
"Ryle has one 7th and 8th grade team feeding it". I assume your talking about the Union Raiders team. They have a 7th only an 8th only and (last time I checked) a mixed 7th and 8th grade team. Not only that but many kids still playing 7th and 8th grade football in the BCPWFL will play at Ryle. Lastly, Ryle pulls from two of the largest middle schools in Boone O (Gray and Ockerman) and a little from a third (RA Jones). So for several years now we've heard about the great development the Union Raiders have created and now your saying that you think Ryle is limiting itself somehow?
Bottom line- I've seen very good play and very good players come out of the Union Raiders program. If the Ryle varsity staff can't figure out how to retain that and further develop those players, thats on them.
bluedad1-
I am one of the only resident Raider fans on this site. And I could not agree more you said it perfectly.

I think the biggest problem for the Raiders is not all to blame on Warner I think there problem has been the amount of Offensive Coordinators and Offensive coaches period that they have ran thru. Each season the kids have learned similar plays but a lack of consistency has really taken affect over the past couple of seasons. I believe they finally have a good OC in Russell Harden that is making Ryle into more of a modern offense instead of the 80% run team they have been most of the time under the Warner Regime. As the season goes on and this group learns the plays I would expect serious improvement.

I would expect them to get better throughout the year and expect them to see improvement by leaps and bounds thru this off season. As Brandt takes more snaps and improves his Awareness he has the Arm he just needs to get the mental part down.
Ryle has a strong Junior class with a lot of players that took snaps as a sophomore and behind that they have a very talented sophomore group. I still stand by the 5-5 record I believe Ryle can achieve this season but next season I would expect a lot more.
TNT, help correct me if I am wrong, but the last two Frosh classes have been outstanding. I believe things are looking bright in the Raider future especially as the other three (CCHS, Dixie, SK) will graduate a lot of talent this year.
Totally Correct Stardust. The future looks very bright in Union.

Last year's freshman group was exceptional and this years frosh have proved that they will make just as much noise. The junior class as well was a very strong freshman group. There defense was very stout and most of those defenders played last year and almost all are starting this year. The sophomore class was more offensive players so the combination should work well as they gain experience.

I look forward to this year and next years matchups with Dixie as those were fun games to watch as freshmen and as JV, both squads were very impressive. Darion Washington RB (Dixie) vs. Ryan Wolfe LB (Ryle) was always a fun battle.

The only real problem Ryle will Face after next season is the QB question. They really planned a lot around the Morgan kid and I cant blame him as he probably could of took varsity snaps as a freshman and had no problem. But with him gone there is a very noticeable hole. Brandt seems to be a good answer for this season and next but the question is who will step in after that.