Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Co.@ Lawrence Co. 9/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who ya got and why???

When I got the schedule this year I was very glad to see Breathitt on it.
It's been a while since these two teams went at it and we do have a little history. Lawrence was down a little the last few years and Breathitt was doing well, but Lawrence is got a pretty good team this year and much improved. I believe this will be a very competitive game. We had a tough loss on friday to a very fast, athletic and big team in Fairview, but we had a few chances to win it. Don't get caught up on Fairview being 1a because they don't look or play like it and I believe they could beat the majority of 3a teams in this area.
Breathitt is down Lawrence County by 7.
Lawrence 35 Breathitt 21. Is Goble good to go?
Lawrence County
Think Lawrence edges the Bobcats out

34-31
I'm jumping on board with Lawrence also :igiveup:
The dawgs 35 to 14. I think the dawgs defense is really pretty good. The first string gave up 1td to boyd co. Rowan co scored 14 points on 2 lc fumbles. Fairview scored 21 points on 4 lc turnovers protect the ball lc and fairview different game. The secondary has 4 int. In 3 games I believe the defense has cause 7 turnovers in 3 games. They do need to work on their run defense to the outside. The corners need to be more aggressive getting to the ball. And then making the stop when they get their.
Breathitt is more than capable of winning this game..However until the prove themselves against a worthy opponent they will continue to be the underdog for the next three weeks...........
bearcat88 Wrote:Breathitt is more than capable of winning this game..However until the prove themselves against a worthy opponent they will continue to be the underdog for the next three weeks...........
Nothing wrong with being an underdog. That just means motivation for the team it tells them they have to work a little harder. I like what I have seen so far from LC what I saw that I liked best was the half time changes the coaching staff did during the Fairview game last week. When a team gives up 28 points in the first half then comes out and pretty much shuts down that team then they made the right adjustments. With this game being at home and in the pound I look for LC to bounce back with a BIG W. Go Dawgs
Goble is out this week and next week with the ejection from the Fairview game. Sophomore Cole Mosley will get the start at fullback.
This game has the potential to be the "game of the week" in the mountains. I believe at this point in the season, both teams are pretty much equal. I believe the bobcats have the better offense, while Lawrence has the better defense. If the bobcats can limit their turnovers, I like their chances. If the bobcats don't take care of the football, I look for Lawrence to win easily. With that being said, I think the bobcats hold on to the football, and win 35-28. Good Luck bobcats!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey lc grad I don't think goble is out. Khsaa does not have him listed as dq for the next 2 games just that he was dq that game. It is only a automatic 2 game if it is for fighting. Boyd co had 2 players ejected week one with no dq for the next week. It is khsaa call on unsportsman like conduct.
This is a big game for LC. They need to hold on to the football and keep turnovers to a minimum. I don't know much about Breathitt but based on tradition they'll be a solid team that's capable of putting a lot of points on the board. I like the Bulldogs in this one if they don't turn it over.
Dawgs by 7, ball control is the key to this game. Who ever has it the most wins!!
I've not personally been to any of Breathitt's games this year but my son and nephew have and they said they are weak at QB and the line is not very impressive either. I hope they win but whether this year's team wants to admit it or not they lost nearly all the talent they had last year. I also heard a comment from one of this years players that this year's QB is better than last year's QB Richard Trent:dudecomeon: Frankly that's a joke sorry but it just is I have seen both of them play. I hope the Bobcats win but if Lawrence is good at all they will beat Breathitt. Sorry.
I'm afraid the bark is bigger than the bite. The bobcats will leave Louisa with a victory.
Lawrence plays tough but Breathitt manages a win.

Bobcats 34
Dawgs 28
Factsonly Wrote:I've not personally been to any of Breathitt's games this year but my son and nephew have and they said they are weak at QB and the line is not very impressive either. I hope they win but whether this year's team wants to admit it or not they lost nearly all the talent they had last year. I also heard a comment from one of this years players that this year's QB is better than last year's QB Richard Trent:dudecomeon: Frankly that's a joke sorry but it just is I have seen both of them play. I hope the Bobcats win but if Lawrence is good at all they will beat Breathitt. Sorry.
You my friend are weak in the mind!:truestory: