Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton 56 Mullins 30: Pike County Preseason Tournament Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Kimper. We all were very impressed with Kimper's new gym. Thanks to Coach Abshire and Principal Thompson for the invite.

Kayla Newsom 20 pts, 4 rebs, 3 asst
Cassidi Wright 9 pts, 3 stls
Kyleigh Tackett 9 pts, 4 stls, 3 rebs
Leslie Stewart 6 pts, 6 rebs
Alyssa Newsom 6 pts
Kristin Thacker 4 pts
Kelsey Tackett 3 pts, 3 rebs
Sadie Compton 2 pts, 5 rebs, 3 stls
Jerrica Thacker 2 pts, 2 rebs
Elizabeth Bentley 2 rebs
Jaden Edmonds 1 reb
Katelyn Bartley 1 reb
Madison Caudill 1 reb
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Final from Kimper. We all were very impressed with Kimper's new gym. Thanks to Coach Abshire and Principal Thompson for the invite.

Kayla Newsom 20 pts, 4 rebs, 3 asst
Cassidi Wright 9 pts, 3 stls
Kyleigh Tackett 9 pts, 4 stls, 3 rebs
Leslie Stewart 6 pts, 6 rebs
Alyssa Newsom 6 pts
Kristin Thacker 4 pts
Kelsey Tackett 3 pts, 3 rebs
Sadie Compton 2 pts, 5 rebs, 3 stls
Jerrica Thacker 2 pts, 2 rebs
Elizabeth Bentley 2 rebs
Jaden Edmonds 1 reb
Katelyn Bartley 1 reb
Madison Caudill 1 reb
Hey Coach, Just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with your girls on Saturday. You can tell they are a "team", thru and thru. The respect they show to you and to one another is commendable. Very talented, but not arrogant. I really appreciate that. Also, they way you get everyone involved is great, think some coaches and teams could take heed to what you're doing and learn somthing. Congratulations on Saturday and good luck the rest of the year. I haven't seen everybody thus far, but you guys are the best I've seen.
yeah without a doubt Dorton or Valley are at the top of Pike County this year.. These two teams are on a different level..

Belfry is good too.. but not quite there yet...

The rest of the county is fairly even.. Shouls be some fun game this year...
sprucepinetiger Wrote:Hey Coach, Just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with your girls on Saturday. You can tell they are a "team", thru and thru. The respect they show to you and to one another is commendable. Very talented, but not arrogant. I really appreciate that. Also, they way you get everyone involved is great, think some coaches and teams could take heed to what you're doing and learn somthing. Congratulations on Saturday and good luck the rest of the year. I haven't seen everybody thus far, but you guys are the best I've seen.

Thanks a lot for the compliments. This group of girls is a special one to us. They have been that way since they were in about the 4th grade and have always understood the game well. It makes a coaches' job pretty easy when you have girls that love the game and work hard. My assistants coach them during the summer (while I coach boys) and are the main reason they are so good. We will really miss this group when they are gone. There are definitely some good teams in Pike County. It will be a competitive season. Good luck on your season as well. Your girls really played hard Saturday. They will improve a lot if they continue to work that hard throughout the season.
Congrats on the win preseason championship. Your girls sure are a cohesive group. I have seen several of the girls BBALL teams play this year and you all are definitely the deepest and most talented I have seen this year. I haven't seen valley, but heard they were good too. Most of the other teams either only had bout 2 or 3 girls that can play and/or are young. I watched the Mullins girls play the other night versus Feds creek and they look like they will be very competitive next year. They only have bout 6 or 7 girls that can compete and actually play. Feds creek had some height and talent just ran outta steam against a run n gun Mullins team. FC had 3 starters that were so athletic but out of shape. Just wish the county was more even instead of it coming down to 3 teams that over power. Belfry, dorton and valley are all at least 8-10 girls deep no other team is even close to that, except maybe p-ville or Mullins.