Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Russell 9/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can Russell hang in there with Ashland or will they run away with it?

thoughts/predictions
Tomcats 28 devils 21. This rivalry finally gets back to being competitive.
More competitive than last few years. But I say Tomkittens beat the Debils

Ash 36
Russ 21

Both defenses way down by comparison to previous years.
:beavis:Ashland will give up some points but no way will Russell slow down Q and his supporting cast. Close for a half but Ashland pulls away and wins big 42-21!!!
ttt
I think Ashland comes out strong to start but slows down by mid 3rd. Russell hangs in to the end to keep it respectable
Cats 42
Devils 32
This one will not be 61-7
Russell has to become less predictable. I'm not saying scrap the offense. Just do more of what is already in it.
Putty Tats 34
Devils 17
Ashland 48
Russell 9
Ashland 35
Devils 14
FBALL Wrote:Russell has to become less predictable. I'm not saying scrap the offense. Just do more of what is already in it.

They will never change as long as this staff is there. They've ran the same thing for thirty six years. When you have the right personell it will work, but if you don't it won't as evidenced by the last several years. This staffs reluctance to throw in some different looks and wrinkles to adapte to their talent level is very frustrating.. teams have just been stacking the box with 8-9 guys. Just been brutal to watch at times. It's just old and stale. I don't know if Russell will ever have the talent to consistently run the wing t anymore
You can still run the wing t but you can't just line up and say here it comes. See if you can stop it. The play calling is utterly predictable. There are plays with in that offense that they never run anymore. There are looks and alignments that they have used on the past that could keep defenses just of balance enough. The 2005 team ran quite a bit of I formation to go along with the wing t.
Tick-tock running clock Ashland Confusedinglepar
FBALL Wrote:Russell has to become less predictable. I'm not saying scrap the offense. Just do more of what is already in it.

Your preaching to the chior. I don't want to point fingers because I don't know what's going on over there, just seems like things haven't been right for several years, and I don't believe its all been lack of talent as a lot of people say. They've had enough talent to make a better showing and not to have been embarised at times like they have been.
64SUR Wrote:Tick-tock running clock Ashland Confusedinglepar

From this Ashland team? How much have you been drinking today
They haven't had the playmakers in recent years. But yes I agree they have underachieved. It's not all play calling either but that hasn't helped. Work ethic is another thing. You can't just show up.
I believe it all starts from the top
Ivan's health and personal problems have not helped.

But like I said some attitudes and work ethics haven't either. Show some pride in the program and the rest will take care of itself.
With the new 36 point rule, running clock early! Russell will not beat a good team all year. I love Ivan as a person and respect his football IQ but things need to change before they end up like Greenup.
That's a bit much. They still haven't had a losing record since the last century. I will say there will be no running clock and they have never been as depleted even this year as what GC was. Not even close.

Russell will be much better the next few years. They will be better by the time playoffs roll around this year once they get things sorted out.
I totally agree. Everything has a lifespan, and I believe things have run its coarse at Russell. For some reason a lot of people think its being disrespectful to say its time for a change. I don't believe any one person is greater than the program as a whole.
I have seen both teams play and I think it will much closer than a lot of people think. Ashland's run defense isn't very good and I don't think Russell will have problems moving the ball. Ashland has some speed and dangerous weapons on offense that Russell won't be able to contain. My prediction is Russell plays close for the first three quarters and Ashland wears them down in the fourth. Ashland 42 Russell 28
Both teams are going through growing pains this year. No doubt about it.

I think Baker is the difference in this one for the Tomkittens.

I hope I'm wrong. It's time for Russell to step back up a f make this one of the best rivalry games in the state again. We sure haven't held up our end the last 6 years.
Over/Under on passes thrown in this game by both teams.

I'll set the line at 8.
Ashland has a great D, Russell will not run on Ashland! I really think the JFL program is hurting Russell. That's a Fact !TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Orange Blaze Wrote:I have seen both teams play and I think it will much closer than a lot of people think. Ashland's run defense isn't very good and I don't think Russell will have problems moving the ball. Ashland has some speed and dangerous weapons on offense that Russell won't be able to contain. My prediction is Russell plays close for the first three quarters and Ashland wears them down in the fourth. Ashland 42 Russell 28

if the coaches would rotate on d and use some of the younger kids this wouldn't be a problem
that's right Wrote:Ashland has a great D, Russell will not run on Ashland! I really think the JFL program is hurting Russell. That's a Fact !TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

If Ashland has such a great defense then they wouldn't have given up over 400 yards of total offense against Raceland. Ashland has also given up over 30 points in each of their first three games, I don't consider that to be good defense.
Ashland's defense isn't going to shut anybody down this year, getting timely turnovers will be the name of the game all year. Thankfully they have just enough offensive weapons to outscore some good teams, Russell will definitely score but just won't score enough. 42-28 Ashland.
Raceland is almost as good as the 2008 team that beat Ashland 3 years in a roll! Ashland had a lot of big wins those years also, no cupcake schedule. Raceland can run the ball on anybody this year and will have a lot of big yardage games. They kind of toned it down for Boyd Co. to stay out of the running clock to get more playing time for the kids. They could have had a running clock the first half against the county.
Pages: 1 2 3