Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 14 Eastern 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
What can you tell us about Eastern and their quality as an opponent?
Eastern isn't quite as good as they have been the past couple of years. Their only win so far was against a bad J-Town team.
Central just keeps winning.
Central knocks of 2012 6A semi-finalist Eastern.
2 6A teams in a row.
blue1424 Wrote:Eastern isn't quite as good as they have been the past couple of years. Their only win so far was against a bad J-Town team.

Mabey , however their two losses are to a 3-0 CAL team (a quality 3-0 ) eastern , lex Christian ,& N Oldham , & Central.

Scott Co beat Central by 10 in a scrimmage & look what They are doing to their competition.
I personally feel the standard Central has set has caused 3A to be one of the only classes to significantly raise their level of play to get on their level. For Central to have the success they have had playing 6A schools is super impressive... but in the wake of that I feel the Top 5 teams in 3A is stronger than it has ever been.

I'll even go as far as saying the 3A Top 5 is stronger than the 5A Top 5 this year.. this is a direct result of programs raising thier standards and toughening their schedules to try and close the gap on the Yellowjackets. I think we saw evidence of that in last year's playoffs. Still doesn't mean they can beat Central..but it is a testament that the play of Centra,l and to a lesser extent Belfry, has helped force this class to adapt faster than any other.
I totally missed this one. Central appears to be on the rise. I thought they were having a down year.