Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region 2007??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i think that it will come down to jenkins and JBS..........
Jenkins will be about the same as last year. They will beat some good teams. Coach Johnson does a good job.
I think Powell County will surprise some people this season. They have 13 seniors and are lead by Ryan Romans, who is in my eye the best center in the 14th region.
Jenkins are you serious?...you think they have a chance to win the 14th?
Powell HAS to be in the mix..returning over ten seniors and adding 1 or 2..they will be a handful in the 14th. With romans down low who is incredibly strong..and is continuing to get stronger in the offseason..and the point guards getting quicker and better at shooting the ball, Powell county will be a powerhouse for sure. District champs and maybe even region for that matter.
who does Jenkins have this year?
powell co is gonna be a powehouse this year and i agree with romans the best center in the region
My top five:
1.JBS
2.Powell
3.Lee County
4.PCC
5.up for grabs...

Powell will win the 56th district for sure with Lee County coming in a close 2nd. These two teams could also meet in the finals of the regional tourney. JBS IMO is the best team so far just because their record last year, and their returning players. Stepp, Cox, and Collins are 3 of the best players in the region, but the question is, do they want it bad enough???
Powell returns everyone, with Romans being a powerhouse in the region, their shooting abilities, and their new style of play(courtesy of Coach Kyle Lively) they will definitley be a contender in the region. And yes they do wnat it bad enough!!!!
Ive got to agree with Good4Three. With Powell returning everyone and JBS as well..they both could be the best two teams in the region. Wait till tourney time. I wouldnt be suprised if Coach Lively took them to the Championship game like he did at J-City. And i know for sure they want it bad enough.Ive talked to the coach and they are working harder than ever.Im gonna call it now.Powell County Pirates...14th Region Champs for 2006-07 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach Lively done an excellent job with the Tigers last season. He led them to their 1st ever regional final. IMO if he can do that with Jackson City, he will work wonders for the Pirates.
You are absolutely correct Good4Three. With the talent that Powell has this year and the depth on their bench, they should be set. Just play together as a team and do what the coach says..Powell will be champs no doubt.
Godspeed knows his stuff...Powell County is on its way. Look out 14th region!! Powell is coming and they will not back down.
I think that Powell should be a very good team this year I also think that they have a good chance of going to Rupp. With 13 seniors they should be alright
im agreein powell no doubt the 24th region champs....they want it badder than any one in the region in my opinion
Who all does Powell have...and what can they do???
Lets see what does powell have? powell has a powerhouse.
They have center ryan romans, no doubt is the high scorer on the team. They have guards David Johnson, Jon Skidmore, Robbie Raker that can handle the ball very well. They also have several good three shooters, Jantzen Merriman, Daniel Kinser, Josh Pelfrey. All of this and so much more. With great bench, so 14th region watch out !!!
Lets see what does powell have? powell has a powerhouse.
They have center ryan romans, no doubt is the high scorer on the team. They have guards David Johnson, Jon Skidmore, Robbie Raker that can handle the ball very well. They also have several good three shooters, Jantzen Merriman, Daniel Kinser, Josh Pelfrey. All of this and so much more. With great bench, so 14th region watch out !!!

Christian Brewer is also a freshman guard that is going to see some playing time. Danny Dennis is also an excellent shooter, he had the best 3 point % on the team last season. Also a foward Allen Martin will contribute alot this season, along with Pelfrey. With Romans, Banks, Adams, and Sebey down low, Johnson at pg, And the shooting abilities of the 2 and 3 guys, I think they will be a powerhouse in the region this season.
MVP2 Wrote:Jenkins are you serious?...you think they have a chance to win the 14th?

If I didn't , do you think I would say that?
Powell is going all the way. They have the heart, the talent, the quickness and the strength. Between there five starters and the depth on the bench they have major potential. Romans is getting stronger everyday and taking advantage of gaining strength and quickness. No one will be able to handle him. You also have your shooters who consist of Kinser, Merriman,Dennis and many more. The quickness and the ball handeling skills of gaurds Jon Skidmore, David Johnson and Robbie Raker. Allen Martin will also be there to contribute. A younge freshman with alot of potential is Christian Brewer who will probally see some minutes on the court as well. You have Coach Livley and the fans behind them all the way.
Dont forget about their mascot. He brought alot of fans to there feet in alot of games last year.LOL
Hands_80 Wrote:If I didn't , do you think I would say that?

Maybe you should think again ....Jenkins has only one player and thats puckett, one player cant lead a team to win region esspeciallly a team that didnt even make region last year , Jenkins will be lucky to even make region this year
MVP2 Wrote:Maybe you should think again ....Jenkins has only one player and thats puckett, one player cant lead a team to win region esspeciallly a team that didnt even make region last year , Jenkins will be lucky to even make region this year

I have to agree. With JBS, KCC, LCC, and Cordia in the district with Jenkins, it will be very hard for Jenkins to make it to regionals, unless they have the heart and determination to do so, or a couple transfers.
Wow!
We seem to have a lot of youngsters on here who need to do a little research on the past regional tournament history of such schools as Perry Central and Hazard. Those two schools are always a factor in what happens in the 14th. To think they will not be in the mix this year is laughable. To read many of these posts you'd think Powell is going to win the state this year.

But with that said, I still have to give the edge to a seasoned June Buchanan team to win the region this year.
JBS will no doubt in my mind be good this year. But look at how well rounded powell county is. LOOKAYANNER, you are right about JBS being a big team to beat this year, as well as perry central and hazard. But records from last year don't mean very much. A years work can have alot of improvement. I am a powell county fan, that's obvious, and all I have to say is, is that powell will be a big team this year in the 14th, as well as in the 56th district. When you have someone as big as romans, and you dont have anyone that can really match up with him, then other teams may have to double down on him. Outside shooters like Dennis, Kinser, Pelfrey, and Merriman are your go to guys if romans is being pressured. That is my opinion. Right now lets just wait til the season starts to see how these predictions turn out. I hope all the best to powell county in the region this year, and I would sure like to see them win region again.
Good4Three Wrote:Coach Lively done an excellent job with the Tigers last season. He led them to their 1st ever regional final. IMO if he can do that with Jackson City, he will work wonders for the Pirates.

If he can do with powell what he did with jackson city then powell will be hard to stop this year, which IMO are already a threat.
oscarmoore1 Wrote:im agreein powell no doubt the 24th region champs....they want it badder than any one in the region in my opinion
i didn't know there was 24 regions
GoldenHands10 Wrote:i didn't know there was 24 regions

They meant 14th region. Its an honest mistake.
Got just a little carried away there. The TIRED 24 would be some kinda tournament.Smile
Hands_80 Wrote:i think that it will come down to jenkins and JBS..........

are u serious.. . theres no way jenkins will even come close to winning it
i dont even think they will be good enough for the top 10
Hands_80 Wrote:i think that it will come down to jenkins and JBS..........
JBS is a contender, but Jenkins is far from a top team in the 14th IMO.
Pages: 1 2