Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collins 24 Ballard 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Collins lead 24-6 in the 4th, but Ballard made a comeback, scoring two touchdowns late. Collins was able to run out the clock to end the game. Next week they will play at crosstown rival Shelby County.
One heck of a football game. Great win over a good 6A Ballard. Lots of athletes on the field last night. Page throws for + - 300 yds.
Congrats to Collins on getting the win. Thought this would be a great game.
Ballard 0 6 0 13 - 19
Collins 7 7 10 0 - 24

C - Farris 10 pass from Page (Creque kick); B - Kovacevick 25 field goal; C - Farris 2 run (Creque kick); B - Kovacevick 35 field goal; C - Parker 37 pass from Page (Creque kick); C - Creque 32 field goal; B- Doss 1 run (kick failed); B - Daniels 1 run (Kovacevick kick).

B C
Total yards 342 333
First downs 25 15
Rushes-yds. 29-72 26-42
Comp-Att-Int 30-52-1 17-28-0
Passing yards 317 291
Fumbles-lost 0-0 2-1
Penalties-yds. 6-50 7-60
Punts-avg. 2-36.0 2-43.5

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...linescores
Pictures from the Sentinel-News:

[Image: BTiKB-tCAAA7Qa0.jpg:large]

One of Masai Whyte's 18 tackles

[Image: BTiKLSICAAAAmTg.jpg:large]

[Image: BTiKYN8CMAIIBTn.jpg:large]

Celebration after Farris' TD reception

[Image: BTiKg42CIAAAavF.jpg:large]

[Image: BTiKusxCIAA4XbC.jpg:large]

[Image: BTiK2QtCUAEvnx1.jpg:large]
[Image: BTiK9BICQAA6Qs1.jpg:large]

Celebration after Farris' TD run

[Image: BTiLDopCUAIeEA3.jpg:large]

Buck Wilson after a sack

[Image: BTiLIo_CMAE6CnC.jpg:large]

[Image: BTiLZ7OCYAA0RP8.jpg:large]

Gabe Nash and Mark Bradford

[Image: BTiL9qxCYAAKs1p.jpg:large]

DeAndre Farris had 6 receptions for 90 yards and a TD as well as 1 TD run
Nice pics blue.
hop24 Wrote:Congrats to Collins on getting the win. Thought this would be a great game.

Hop, I hate to say this and the scores don't prove it, BUT I would have to rate Ballard just a notch above SK.
What does P4K sticker on the back of Collins' helmets mean?
SK after 3 games is a lot better than SK after game 1. The passing game is a lot more crisp now. Congratulations Collins!
Jarons Wrote:What does P4K sticker on the back of Collins' helmets mean?

I'm not sure, maybe some one else knows.

I thought that Ballard had a much better passing attack than SK and they have a lot more speed but SK did a better job running the ball and has a lot more size. In my opinion both are about even.

As far as Collins, they did a much better job passing the ball but the run game was lacking. Even though the defense gave up over 300 yards through the air I thought they did a good job stopping the run and keeping Ballard out of the end zone. Collins had an interception and probably should've had a few more but Ballard didn't score a TD until 10 minutes left in the game. Two very bad pass interference calls didn't help the Collins D.

Collins seems to be getting better every week, hopefully that trend continues. Shelby County is next then they have a bye week before opening up district play.
Pick6 Wrote:SK after 3 games is a lot better than SK after game 1. The passing game is a lot more crisp now. Congratulations Collins!

^This. SK has improved every game and showing new wrinkles on offense every week.
Jarons Wrote:What does P4K sticker on the back of Collins' helmets mean?

This might be the best question I have answered on here.
P4K is Pray for Keaton McMuarry.
Keaton is a Jr at Collins HS who is under going treatment for Cancer. Not going to get into the details about it. I think he played some football back in his 8th grade and freshman year but he is also a great kid and friends with many of the kids on the team. It is something that Collins as a school started and the football team has joined in with the entire school to suppoet this young man.