Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 42 - Pineville 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Bell next week. :devilflam:
Any stats? How did pittman do? #5
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Any stats? How did pittman do? #5

I might can get official stats later, but I know Pittman had a 72 yard TD run and juked a bunch of people out right before Halftime. It was beast'
Was Uhl Still out? I cant wait for bell next week..
I heard it was 21-0 early. Did Middlesboro take there foot of the gas.
It was 21-0 in the 1st quarter.
Middlesboro started making mistakes and taking their foot off the gas both.
Good to see Lions keep it this close. Middlesboro is a pretty good bunch.
What bothers me as a Middlesboro fan is the game was this close and with Bell next week, nothing against Pineville but Bell is on a different level than the two teams that Middlesboro has played. Grant Co was really bad and Pineville from what I saw in the scrimmage wasn't very good either. If Middlesboro can run the ball between the tackles against Bell they can move the ball on them , that's were south Pitt beat them and Whitley had some success running between the tackles tonight. But the question I have is the Middlesboro defense . They have given up 40 points in 2 games to two bad teams.
M1911 Wrote:What bothers me as a Middlesboro fan is the game was this close and with Bell next week, nothing against Pineville but Bell is on a different level than the two teams that Middlesboro has played. Grant Co was really bad and Pineville from what I saw in the scrimmage wasn't very good either. If Middlesboro can run the ball between the tackles against Bell they can move the ball on them , that's were south Pitt beat them and Whitley had some success running between the tackles tonight. But the question I have is the Middlesboro defense . They have given up 40 points in 2 games to two bad teams.

I can assure you, those 40 points should not have been given up. Middlesboro has been up big when most of those points have been scored and not really trying. If Middlesboro kept their defensive starters in the whole game on both of those games, they would have likely given up 20 instead of 40.

They had only given up 12 to Pineville when Middlesboro put the brakes on (It was 42-12) and they had only given up 7 to Grant County when they put on the brakes (It was 48-7). The defense has been better than what you think, but against Bell County? Well we'll have to see.

The offense is more of a question to me. Yes, they score. But they can very well beat Bell if they stop making some STUPID decisions and stop getting PENALIZED so much.
I went to this game tonite and maybe I was expecting more from Middlesboro but really I left somewhat disappointed. I used to go to all the games home and away back in the 90s and early 2000s when Middlesboro was more or less a state power then I moved away and came back and tonight was the 1st game I had been to in about 3 or maybe 4 years.

I do realize in the late Kenny Roark years Middlesboro took an extreme nose dive and the current coach has really had to restart the program from rock bottom so I do applaud him for that because from what I have heard the last few years were a train wreck.

But I had been hearing Middlesboro was a sleeping giant and maybe I expected too much, and I am more used to the state power type Middlesboro teams of yesteryear and to me this years Middlesboro team is nowhere in the ballpark of the past teams so maybe I was expecting too much. They were not very crisp and had a ton of penalties. Pineville is not very good and really I expected the Jackets to have the Jv in by mid 3rd at least. Maybe Middlesboro had a bad game I dont really know but I was not as impressed as I had hoped or thought I would be.

That said I am not sure what Bell has this year, not that great it appears so if Middlesboro is gonna get them they better this year. But from what I saw tonight against Pineville if Middlesboro plays this way then Bell will smoke them. I will hopefully be there for my 1st Bell Middlesboro game since 2002 so am looking forward to that.
Middlesboro to me looked past this Pineville team. Pineville has a pretty good offense, no defense. Middlesboro Did not play well at all. They had better focus this week.
Middlesboro just looked bad. There is no other way to sugar coat it. They should've named the score against Pineville. Middlesboro has people who don't even start who are ahead of Pineville's players. Middlesboro over looked Pineville because all they've been told is they're the biggest and meanest around. That attitude can't come through any in this week of practice.

I have a feeling they're licking their chops on log mountain, and honestly I can't say I really blame them. However I honestly feel Middlesboro will put it behind them and focus on the task at hand. But I'll tell you Middlesboro did not get any better this week. If they don't come together it'll be a long Friday night next week.
The Jackets are just rope-a-dopin' . . . they're gonna ring the bell next week!
How did little Tuck play? He is goi g to be a good one.
Bell will be way to physical for Middlesboro.
Bell jacked our kids up lastnight and will do same to jackets I'm afraid.

Bell 30. Jacket 13