Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeSales 40 Warren Central 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
DeSales looking to take 2A this year.
DeSales 0 14 6 20 - 40
Warren Cent. 14 7 0 6 - 27

WC - Chris Porter-Bunton 4 run (Steven McEntire kick); WC - Rondell Green 28 run (McEntire kick); D - Dylan Byrd 16 run (Cameron Brothers kick); D - Frankie Tharp 2 run (Brothers kick); WC - Green 3 run (McEntire kick); D - Byrd 28 pass Nathan Rousch run (kick failed); D - Byrd 3 run (conversion failed); D - Rousch 56 run (Brothers kick); D - Byrd 28 run (Brothers kick); WC - Bennett Randoph 9 pass Porter-Bunton (conversion failed).

D WC
Total yards 349 291
First downs 14 15
Rushes-yds. 40-252 47-224
Comp-Att-Int 5-7-1 6-21-0
Passing yards 97 67
Fumbles-lost 0-0 0-0
Penalties-yds. 4-25 7-55
Punts-avg. 2-40 5-41

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...linescores
Warren Central took a 14-0 lead in the first, and i thought after a long bus trip that our guys looked flat. Then BAM! They turned it on and scored a quick 14 to tie it up. After Roush threw a pick WC scored with about a min to go in the half, and led 21-14. After that it was all Colts. They totally shut down WC in the second, they made some great adjustments at halftime. WC scored with about a min to go in the game. DeSales is a physical team and they dress around 80 players, which is pretty good for 2A. Hardly no one goes both ways.
The Colts are definitely making a good case for second in 2a. That is where they will stay, right behind Caldwell Co.
Tip of the cap to the Colts. I viewed Central as the underdogs going in, then they raised my hopes with the strong first quarter, then DeSales took those hopes out back and put them down. 2A looks like THE class to watch this year. 3A is probably only other one that is close competitively.
Desales with a couple of statement wins.
I'm convinced DeSales has a heck of a coaching staff. They are really impressive at making half time adjustments. Plus Nathan and Byrd are athletes, and fast! Maybe a rematch with Caldwell in the semis this year. That would be an awesome game.
Desales knocking all of 5A out.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Colts are definitely making a good case for second in 2a. That is where they will stay, right behind Caldwell Co.

Well. Thank goodness we finally have a cupcake next week. Caldwell can't have them all. :lmao: