Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern 35 Madison Central 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Told you all it would be close.
Dave Brumley had a good game plan for Damien he brought the corners screaming all night, but in the end that kid is too good.
^ Any Stats?
Any numbers on Harris.
Seen on the news that Harris had 300+ rushing yards. First time in school history that Southern has beat Central on the grid iron...
King, at one time Harris had 251 on 24 carries. Saw that in a tweet. That's all I saw.
Yeah that's about right...not sure final numbers but he had two TD's.
Harris is a beast.
Harris had 31 carries for 315 yards & 3 TD's as Madison Southern beat Madison Central 34-27 for there first win over Madison Central in football in school history.
I expected a bigger win, but im sure there was a lot of hard playing with the rivalry and all.
Closer then many thought. When you got Harris always sitting good. Looks like he went off again. Competition steps up for MS from here on district will be alot tougher. Pc is geared up and rolling, can't wait to make that drive to berea for that one...no offense to southern but their 3 wins came at the hands of a 1-8 combined record.
Looks like Bert Browne makes history again.
3 pretty good teams in MS's district. Pulaski is the favorite but MS and North Laurel will make them earn it.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Dave Brumley had a good game plan for Damien he brought the corners screaming all night, but in the end that kid is too good.

31 carries for 315 yds and that was a good game plan? I'd hate to see it if he had a bad one. That's over 10 yds a carry.
Yes history nice to hear :ChairHit:
Guys like Harris can change a program around. There is a lot of excitement in Berea.
Thunder Lips Wrote:31 carries for 315 yds and that was a good game plan? I'd hate to see it if he had a bad one. That's over 10 yds a carry.

I know I know...but the defense did enough to get Southern off of the field a few times and stay within striking distance.
I predicted Harris to have 300 in the pre game thread. Sounds about right. Closer game than I expected.
Is that 12 TDs 800 yards and 10 yards a carry for Harris after 3 games.
All I can say is he is a BEAST!!!!! If you are reading this Harris, please, reconsider your commitment and come over to the dark side, THE SEC!!!!!!
bear claw Wrote:All I can say is he is a BEAST!!!!! If you are reading this Harris, please, reconsider your commitment and come over to the dark side, THE SEC!!!!!!

He will be playing with the #1 WR in 2015 the Campbell kid from Florida...Michigan got an SEC caliber WR and RB with the commitments of him and Damien. Coach Hoke recruited them well and those kids will make Michigan very impressive. I myself am a SEC fan, but this move will be good for Damien...I wish him luck and won't ever root against him.

Note to Everyone...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FOOTBALL...come see this young man. You do not have to be a Madison Southern fan to appreciate what may wind up being the best player to come from this area. I have heard the critics say he doesn't like to get hit is CRAZY! He touches the ball maybe 20 times a game and picks his spots when to be physical when to make the right play.
E's Army Wrote:Is that 12 TDs 800 yards and 10 yards a carry for Harris after 3 games.

I hate to say it, but had his coach let him, he could of had 800 yards against Whitley alone.
Simple truth.