Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County 22 Fleming County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Greenup County tried to give this one away. With about :39 left with greenup up 22-14 fleming kicks a onside kick and it hit a greenup player and goes back about 6 yards and fleming recovers. Fleming county would go on to score to make it 22-20 but apparently missed the 2 point conversion. fleming tried another onside kick and that time greenup fell on it.
Congratulations to Greenup, it has really been a long time between wins. They are a great bunch of kids, hope this gets them started.
Congrats to the Musketeers to getting that monkey off their back
Yea!!!
Congrats!
Great Win GC!! Hopefully win a few more this year just not against my Cats!!!
Was great for GC to finally get that win! Not easy on the road anywhere especially when your playing somewhere you've never played before and your 0 for your last 24. Fleming County had 5 turnovers but many of these were forced by GC. GC also had 2 turnovers of their own, one on the 5 yard line. Byrd took the ball away from the QB when for some reason he was running with it one handed holding it out at him. He just grabbed it and ran the other way. Meenach also had an interception where jumped one of their slant routes. GC also had a kickout return TD called back for a block in the back away from the run.

This was 24-7 with 5 minutes to go. The team and the staff are still learning to close out games primarily because they've never been in alot of competative games over the past 3 years. But they are improving and are getting there. They held on when they had to and should get a couple more W's this season to keep building.
byrd had a great game , he did what a linebacker is suspost to do strip the ball, and get turnovers ,from what i seen the ball carrier didn't just stick it out for him to grab ,he made the play and stripped it from him . ran it back for 20 pluse yards ... greenup played a great game .yes they made mistakes ,but they overcame them and came out with the win... all the running backs did a great job .byrd, lawson ,boggs .... if we can stop the passing game aginst raceland ,we have a shot at another win ,,greenup has a solid defence..
Congrats to GC! After coming so close the first 2 games of the season they finally get a win!
football-fan Wrote:byrd had a great game , he did what a linebacker is suspost to do strip the ball, and get turnovers ,from what i seen the ball carrier didn't just stick it out for him to grab ,he made the play and stripped it from him . ran it back for 20 pluse yards ... greenup played a great game .yes they made mistakes ,but they overcame them and came out with the win... all the running backs did a great job .byrd, lawson ,boggs .... if we can stop the passing game aginst raceland ,we have a shot at another win ,,greenup has a solid defence..

No disrespect but if Raceland does not throw a pass all night Greenup will not have a shot at beating them. I would love to see Greenup win a few more games this year because the kids need a winning feeling but it won't happen Friday! I hope it isn't a running clock early but it could first half.