Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton, Oh 35 Russell 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
It was a game for a while. Ironton just took control of the line of scrimmage after Russell tied it up at 14.
the defense played better than what the score showed. D line wore down,theres at least 3 boys they could have rotated in. I don't understand why these coaches wont rotate more, both offense and defense
If you've got depth use it.
Iroton that good or is Russell that bad?
Too early to tell.

Honestly both are very young and a little down this year by their own standards.
Their not that young, esp. On offense, they start 6 seniors, and 3 juniors
And s sophomore QB and a freshman RB and a sophomore NG and what should be two sophomore offensive tackles.
Perhaps they would be better if they got even younger.
They won't give anyone else any snaps. Look how tired the line was and one kid on d-line rotated in dome, a Sr #73
Raceland has had issues w that in the past. The "good ole boy" gets a start or pt simply bc he has put the time in. All for giving a sr their due, but the best player should play.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland has had issues w that in the past. The "good ole boy" gets a start or pt simply bc he has put the time in. All for giving a sr their due, but the best player should play.

I know a coach or two on Raceland did this and I would guess he/they still do.
I lost a lot of respect for the Ironton program. I think that was poor sportsmanship by the Ironton coach to leave his first team in with a minute to go and get another touchdown on Russell's reserves. Keep your heads up Russell, our day is coming soon when we put up a Big "W" against Ironton.
Ironton like other Ohio team ranks on a point system. More points scored the higher they are ranked. I don't think a lot of people took offense to that. It's just the Ohio way. Lol
DevilWatcher Wrote:Ironton like other Ohio team ranks on a point system. More points scored the higher they are ranked. I don't think a lot of people took offense to that. It's just the Ohio way. Lol

Point totals have nothing to do with Ohio rankings. Scoring 50 points or 10 points has nothing to do with rankings. Their points are based on the size of the school they beat and that team's win total.