Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What's taking Valley's field so long to get done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one know when it will be done. I was told maybe 11 or more days from now but i'm not sure.
Silly dont you know that plastic grass takes a while to grow.
they are using easter grass like in the easter baskets. very dangerous to handle.
yeah, they have to "dull the blades", which takes quite a while.

Seriously - this takes time. It's not like they just go in and roll a carpet out over the grass that was there. When I cruised it back in May, it looked like a 6-8 inch drop from the track to the dirt. And haven't you noticed that NOBODY gets a construction/renovation job done when it's promised? Va. Tech's expansion is now a year overdue with "finishing touches" going on throughout the season.
I don't think enough fields have been put in for ppl to figure out how long it takes. Asheville, NC turfed 4 schools last year and TWO weren't done in time for the 1st game. They're turfing the other 3 this Summer and ALL are behind schedule (2 are actually new stadiums, so most of those guys were shifted to the "renovation" project, since that school doesn't have a back-up field).

At least they still have another 2 weeks. Over in WV, Big Creek has already determined their field won't be ready by the 8th and changed that game to Away.
(No turf involved there, though. New elem. school going up where the fb field was.
Baseball team was told in '05 that they wouldn't have a field for Spring '06 because they were going to convert it into the temp. fb field. So when did the conversion start? After Memorial Day.)
johnnyd Wrote:Silly dont you know that plastic grass takes a while to grow.

Ha...not that funny..they have everything else done. All thats left is to put the turf on there...i was just askin to see if anyone knew when it sould be done.
i can't wait to see the new feild...
White Mike Wrote:i can't wait to see the new feild...

yeah it gonna look great...
I hear someone ran off most of the workers too.

By the way, UVA Wise, your typing abilities are poor. It often makes your posts difficult to read. I am not trying to be rude, I just thought someone needed to say it.
MR. Pillow pants Wrote:I hear someone ran off most of the workers too.

By the way, UVA Wise, your typing abilities are poor. It often makes your posts difficult to read. I am not trying to be rude, I just thought someone needed to say it.

Not to be rude MR. Pillow Pants, but i dont give a shit what u think. Just thought i should tell.

And i put things like

u- for the word YOU
ppl- for the word PEOPLE
and so on...get it, good..