Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What kind of Music speaks to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that i am treading on hallowed ground, but i must ask again, since i am writing an English paper over it.... what kind of Music Genre speaks to you? As can be told by my name, i am a big HXC, or Hardcore fan. Hardcore Music has so much power and meaning... with bands like Hatebreed and Throwdown, its hard not to like HXC music.

So tell me... what kind of music really speaks to you?
I think country does to me. I mean it tells everyday stories covering a wide rangs to topics.
I think music is overrated.. Sure some of songs touch people different ways.. it can make you laugh or make you cry, or make you want to run your head through a wall.. but the past couple years, everybody has became a proffessional music critic, and the cool thing to do is find a band that no one else knows. then list as many songs by them and bands like them.. I'm guilty of it also..

One thing that drives me nuts is when people say, i love music. music is my life, but i hate (insert a genre here).. that's by far the biggest contradiction i've ever heard.. if you love music and it's your life, then you can see the beauty in all music.. Whether it be the chicken picking in bluegrass, the harmonizing melodies in counrty, the arpeggiated solos in shred, the open D tuning in hardcore, or the derivitaves in classical..

it's all music.. whether you like it or not.

with that said, I like the new rock or screamo...
Rap
Country
anything but OPERA. Well almoast anything but opera, I can't take alot of Blue Grass all at one time.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I think music is overrated.. Sure some of songs touch people different ways.. it can make you laugh or make you cry, or make you want to run your head through a wall.. but the past couple years, everybody has became a proffessional music critic, and the cool thing to do is find a band that no one else knows. then list as many songs by them and bands like them.. I'm guilty of it also..

One thing that drives me nuts is when people say, i love music. music is my life, but i hate (insert a genre here).. that's by far the biggest contradiction i've ever heard.. if you love music and it's your life, then you can see the beauty in all music.. Whether it be the chicken picking in bluegrass, the harmonizing melodies in counrty, the arpeggiated solos in shred, the open D tuning in hardcore, or the derivitaves in classical..

it's all music.. whether you like it or not.

with that said, I like the new rock or screamo...

its not so much the genre i dont like, just the artists in said genre... take Rap... its not bad... i just dont like the new artists... i love Run DMC....

im also not saying im a professional music critic, im just a person who likes music more so than other people. when im bored, i put in my HXC Vol. 1 cd that i made.... and play Halo 2.
All of them really
The "I am Indy" song that is on my myspace profile, one of the best songs going....
c0ch[HXC] Wrote:its not so much the genre i dont like, just the artists in said genre... take Rap... its not bad... i just dont like the new artists... i love Run DMC....

im also not saying im a professional music critic, im just a person who likes music more so than other people. when im bored, i put in my HXC Vol. 1 cd that i made.... and play Halo 2.

i wasn't talking about you in particular.. but get on myspace and look through some profiles..

you can spot them a mile away.. the self proclaimed music fiends.. or so to speak...

and i agree with your first sentence, that's the way it should be... but who am I to say that lol..